Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pizzzed to realize & learn that 90% of TiGER Band left at home to save $ and to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,155

Pizzzed to realize & learn that 90% of TiGER Band left at home to save $ and to

Sep 10, 2018, 6:57 AM

let our rich Iptay members & other fans fill up the 5000 tix quota!

Shameful that a school like Clemson, making more $ than a bank, felt that way about sending the entire Clemson Band to the biggest away game to represent us!

Plus, these 400 kids deserved this trip and would have made more noise (beautuful Tiger Rag) than 1000 regular Clemson fans!

A garbage & disgraceful decision imho!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's shameful***

Sep 10, 2018, 7:02 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Pizzzed to see & hear complaints that 90% of TiGER Band left at home to save $ and to

Sep 10, 2018, 7:29 AM

I read that A&M did not give us enough tickets for the whole band.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What has changed?

Sep 10, 2018, 7:40 AM

I've always been under the impression that the full band only travels to 2-3 regular season away games a year and those games are usually a bus trip.

Are you suggesting that Clemson has more money now than in the past and therefore should allocate more money towards band travel expenses? I'm not familiar with Clemson's budgeting process, but your hot take seems a bit presumptuous. I would strongly doubt that anyone said "let's allocate those extra 200 seats to IPTAY donors instead of the band. The actual tickets to the game would be trivial versus flying that many people and their equipment to Houston for 2 days. I would also suggest that the decision to send the pep band versus the full band was made 3-4 years ago.

It's unfair to characterize a practice that has been in place for 50+ years as a shameful practice designed to favor the rich versus the poor band members. But, welcome to the internet, I guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're saving the money for the San Francisco trip in Jan.***

Sep 10, 2018, 7:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS IS MOST LIKELY TRUE!

Sep 10, 2018, 7:48 AM

Plane trips/hotels for the band are very expensive
2 playoff trips are highly possible

Also, the aTM band program was long and our band would have not been able to perform at halftime.

Very few Clemson people get a free ride on a away game like this......

Should that come from the BCS pot? where's the regular

Sep 10, 2018, 8:14 AM

season travel $$$$

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Guys, I tried to tell you, but no one listened.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:23 AM

When we started getting this “DJ” playing crap music during the game, I warned you all. I said “it’s a matter of time before they look at the cost of one dork with headphones and a mixer vs the cost of the entire band program.”

Well, the chickens are coming home to roost. The board thinks that Lil Wayne at volume level 12 is just as good, if not better than the entire Tiger Band playing Chicago songs with the Washington Post. They discount the contributions of the band. They’re looking at making decisions purely off the balance sheet. Pretty soon you’ll be pumping your fist and doing the cadence count to the woohoo remix.

Remember in the early 90’s on our NCAA basketball tourney away games, when we would pay a local small university band to play our fight songs instead of sending our own band? That’s the next stop.....paying independent mercenary bands to play our beloved songs at every away game.

We can still stop this.....call your congressman. Write the trustees. Go take random instruments and play them on Clements’ front lawn. Our time is now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was an away game

Sep 10, 2018, 8:29 AM

Wich had zero to do with 1 little dj with head phones.

even less to do with little wayne.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You can mock me all you want.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:34 AM

People also mocked me for saying the student ticket plan would kill the hill, but here we are.

People also mocked me for saying Barker’s top 20 goal would result in skyrocketing tuition, but look at us now.

I know people at CU, and I know things. Just watch this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obed I don't think the layman among us realize just how many

Sep 10, 2018, 8:42 AM

younger wealthy folk have become massive IPTAY donors. Times, they are a changing, and that's reality.

Think about those kids we met at the FU game. 24 year old wealthy retirees who built their fortune on bitcoin.

Those kids are much more Post Malone than GAF about a horn. Right or wrong, their voices (via their pockets) are being heard.

Listen, small facilities and Tigger Band? Or Post Malone and slides? Can't have it both ways.

Some of the old timers are going to have to become content with change or life will become one big 2 point conversion to defend while up 2 and no time left.

ugh....don’t mention those bitcoiners...

Sep 10, 2018, 8:46 AM

There we were sitting on the tailgate of the Rover on the AOC spot where we have been for a decade, eating paella from the caterer like civilized folk, and they pull up in that gauche Escalade with the KFC tailgate special.

It was like Night of the Nouveau Riche.

LOLOL at least one of them seemed to know a few words to

Sep 10, 2018, 8:54 AM

the Rolling Stones song we played.

SMDH BUNCHA GOOBERS.

Re: Pizzzed to realize & learn that 90% of TiGER Band left at home to save $ and to

Sep 10, 2018, 8:38 AM

In not too recent past years, the full band traveled to every away game. I would love to get a look at the current budget. Many times they had a significant amount of money left over that they gave to other university departments. (Yes, I worked there.) IMO, A&M should have been one game selected for travel.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

the full band hasnt traveled to every away game in quite

Sep 10, 2018, 9:44 AM

some time. I cant even remember when this was true. I was in the band from 98-2003 and even then we didnt. We would have 2-3 full band trips a yr for games like USUC, FSU, GT, NC schools. The rest were pep band trips.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,155
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic