Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where's the rage for the Colorado dem Governor?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1,666

Where's the rage for the Colorado dem Governor?

Apr 22, 2020, 12:01 PM

?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to be enraged, but I'm going to need

Apr 22, 2020, 12:07 PM

for you to tell me what it is I might be enraged about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want to be enraged, but I'm going to need

Apr 22, 2020, 12:12 PM

https://thehill.com/changing-america/resilience/smart-cities/494069-colorado-governor-announces-certain-businesses-can

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's wrong with that?***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:15 PM

Nothing at all, why is everything being pointed at Ga?***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:17 PM

I do not criticize the governor of Georgia, but I get the

Apr 22, 2020, 12:29 PM

impression that his "relaxation" is more drastic than most other places at this time.

Because haircuts allowed Friday instead of Monday?***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:31 PM

whatd he do?***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He ready to open like the evil Southern pub Governors.***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:11 PM

meh, he's a Dem so I'm sure theres excuses why its different***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The other possibility is that it's, you know...

Apr 22, 2020, 12:14 PM

actually different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ga 1.96 cases per 1000 Co 1.90 cases per 1000

Apr 22, 2020, 2:01 PM

Ga 7.9 deaths per 100,000 Co 8.8 deaths per 100,000

neither state appears to have problems with over run hospitals

They don't appear to much different

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is clearly enlightened and following the science***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to He ready to open like the evil Southern pub Governors.*** ]

They're going to let retailers do curbside pickup.

Apr 22, 2020, 12:13 PM

We've had that here in NJ all along. I didn't realize other places were on more serious lockdown.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: They're going to let retailers do curbside pickup.

Apr 22, 2020, 12:16 PM

Some of the businesses eligible for reopening on April 27 include personal service providers like hair salons, dental offices and tattoo shops. Child care facilities may also reopen.

Whereas South Carolina already has a few dining zones open, Colorado restaurants and bars will stay closed initially but could be permitted to reopen in mid-May, The Denver Post quotes Polis as saying.

I know my sister in law who lives in CO is very unhappy about it.

Apr 22, 2020, 12:18 PM

I know, you’re trying to paint the narrative that there’s a double standard, but I know plenty of people criticizing the move.

Pigs of hairy pits?***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:22 PM

why does she want people to lose their entire lifes work and

Apr 22, 2020, 12:32 PM [ in reply to I know my sister in law who lives in CO is very unhappy about it. ]

savings?

I bet she's still getting her paycheck***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats usually how it works.***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:36 PM

Wouldn’t know. But you’re wrong here, per usual.***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:43 PM

She got a chunk of it cut. And her husband, my brother, is unemployed.***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to I bet she's still getting her paycheck*** ]

Unemployed because of COVID?***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. I’m glad you’re so interested in my family’s employment situation haha***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:48 PM

I just don't believe there are that many people who have

Apr 22, 2020, 12:55 PM

presumably lost over half their income due to this that want to remain locked down.

I’m not surprised you don’t believe that.

Apr 22, 2020, 1:02 PM

I know it’s a foreign concept for you that people have principles and will stand up for them even if those principles might have personal consequences.

Sure, if we lived in a Disney movie. But this is reality,

Apr 22, 2020, 1:07 PM

and human nature is going to human nature. I bet her stance on staying locked down would do a 180 in half a second if she thought her economic future was going to be wrecked. So would yours, so would everyone's.

Tell that to all the people in the military who risk their lives

Apr 22, 2020, 1:14 PM

to stand up for America and what they believe in.

Some people care about others and are willing to sacrifice for others. You clearly aren’t, we’ve established that.

And yes, I am already in favor of opening back up. First time you’ve been correct yet. I wish we wouldn’t have shut down in the first place.

What a laughable comparison

Apr 22, 2020, 1:19 PM

Let's just be real, the vast majority of the "Let's stay locked down for safety" crowd are only OK with it because it's not personally affecting them. You can act like some people are just so much more virtuous than others, but it's bulllshit. OK, can we agree?

I’m not surprised that’s a laughable comparison to you.***

Apr 22, 2020, 1:26 PM

Because you also realize how stupid it is?***

Apr 22, 2020, 1:36 PM

Incorrect per usual. You understand that people

Apr 22, 2020, 1:49 PM

are willing to risk their lives in the military for what they believe in. But you don’t believe people who are passionate about how their actions affect the health of others, and believe right or wrong that opening up would kill many more people, would be willing to sacrifice going on unemployment for a couple months to prevent that from happening.

I know you don’t want to be treaded on in any way shape or form, and only care about yourself, but there are other viewpoints out there.

Apparently you are too dense to understand that is their

Apr 22, 2020, 2:11 PM

choice. If they want to stay home, more power to them. If they want to join the military and risk their lives, they can. The difference is in supporting policies that force ALL OF US to do those things. It's easy to support those policies when you aren't the one going broke or having your kids drafted into the military. The self righteous always scream the loudest when they get pinched.

You can get bent with your "you only care about yourself" B.S. even though you say yourself you support reopening. The virtue signaling gets so tiresome.

I know, it’s weird how people support policies they think

Apr 22, 2020, 2:26 PM

are best for everyone. People like her aren’t supporting staying home and ok with losing over half her income because she’s concerned about her own health. She’s 28 and active and healthy and is low risk. Its almost like she has an opinion (right or wrong) on what’s best for the country and the people in it and supports that policy. It’s weird how people have an opinion on what’s best for the ALL OF US and support that policy.

And it seems like you’re the one “screaming the loudest.” She’s “getting pinched” and is perfectly ok with it because she thinks it’s best for everyone in the long run. You may not agree with that, and that’s ok, but you should realize that not everyone believes the same thing you do.

I know they don't, because they aren't really the ones being

Apr 22, 2020, 2:41 PM

pinched. The minute they are, they'll change their tune. I've got a 6 month old and wife to support, and just watched my final project for this year get pushed back to 2021. So yeah, I'm starting to scream, and she would too if she were me. But whatever, continue pretending human nature don't be like it do.

Haha I will, keep being close minded. I’ll try not to tread on ya.***

Apr 22, 2020, 2:54 PM

Hey if she is worried about infecting people with the virus

Apr 22, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to I know, it’s weird how people support policies they think ]

she can wear a mask so she doesn't spread her disease, wash her hand often or use had sanitizer, so that she doesn't accidentally spread disease or wear gloves or both.

This is what I do when I go into a public place or get around other people. I put on a mask and then liberally apply had sanitizer that is kept in my cars and truck. That way I have a very good chance of not being infectious. I also maintain at least 6 feet of distance as another precaution to protect others.

I am very careful. If I get infected the only person that I could easily pass the virus to would be my wife.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m glad you’re doing your part. If everyone was like you we could

Apr 22, 2020, 2:55 PM

open everything up tomorrow. Unfortunately that’s not the case.

the hemp/yoga stores did take a hit i guess***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Yes. I’m glad you’re so interested in my family’s employment situation haha*** ]

I thought you were responding to the hairy pits

Apr 22, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to She got a chunk of it cut. And her husband, my brother, is unemployed.*** ]

Why do you want more people to die?

Apr 22, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to why does she want people to lose their entire lifes work and ]

See how easy it is to make up stupid assumptions about people and their opinions?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nice red herring. Not saying she’s right or wrong. Or that

Apr 22, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to why does she want people to lose their entire lifes work and ]

people who want to stay quarantined or open up are right or wrong. The OP was trying to paint the picture that there’s only backlash against southern, Republican governors, and I was proving that’s not the case. Doesn’t make for as good of a victim Republican narrative, but oh well.

I see zero media backlash against the Colorado governor***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:42 PM

cause the media is the leader of the DNC***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:43 PM

Yet SC has been brought up in each of the past

Apr 22, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to I see zero media backlash against the Colorado governor*** ]

Georgia is going to be the #1 death destination!***

Apr 22, 2020, 12:57 PM

I haven't seen media backlash against anyone.

Apr 22, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to I see zero media backlash against the Colorado governor*** ]

Where do we go to see the backlash?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Google "Georgia governor reopening"

Apr 22, 2020, 1:21 PM

You should be able to find plenty of content. Do the same with "Colorado governor reopening". Compare and contrast new stories. See if the coverage seems the same to you.

Just did. (Sorry, missed your reply before.)

Apr 24, 2020, 9:18 AM

I see plenty of content for both.

https://www.google.com/search?q=georgia+governor+reopening&newwindow=1&sxsrf=ALeKk02ImJlapDFg4X-PgHMluVmXXEq0sg:1587734084187&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjktdewkoHpAhVsgnIEHXdQDxoQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1920&bih=977

https://www.google.com/search?q=colorado+governor+reopening&newwindow=1&sxsrf=ALeKk00fuUyojcUrVMbia6bzJdN8kg38Bw:1587734098079&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwijsae3koHpAhVpmHIEHbZHAhUQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1920&bih=977

- Jonathan Swift

sister who lives in Denver

Apr 22, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to I know my sister in law who lives in CO is very unhappy about it. ]

went and hung out in a friend's driveway and celebrated her friend's birthday WHILE social distancing and got yelled out by a neighbor

true story

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

My cousin is sick with covid in Denver right now.***

Apr 22, 2020, 7:04 PM [ in reply to I know my sister in law who lives in CO is very unhappy about it. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Colorado has enough mass shootings

Apr 22, 2020, 1:17 PM

That population needs to smoke more weed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was Monday....***

Apr 22, 2020, 1:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Silver lining in all this

Apr 22, 2020, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Colorado has enough mass shootings ]

is you can't have school shootings when everyone is in virtual classrooms. Oh right, too soon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On break from being enraged, hyperventilating, overreacting

Apr 22, 2020, 1:34 PM

lighting hair on fire etc.

Going to go eat an apple and hope it keeps the doctor away. Actually Publix had some good apples but their blueberries suck. Local farm had really delicious blueberries a few weeks back. I shohave bought more.

Which brings me to the point of this post _ local farmers markets, boat ramps, fishing piers, parks and beaches should be open with common sense rules for each. Outside venues should be first to open.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 1,666
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic