Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow. Just read the letter about tix from an alleged Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Wow. Just read the letter about tix from an alleged Clemson

Jul 13, 2018, 7:44 AM

student. Yikes. The real world is going to chew up snowflakes like that and #### them out.

I tend to agree with some and have changed my view. If this guy is representative of the average student, make it first come first serve and sell the rest. If that's an average student, and I pray not, I'd rather sell the tickets to the general public than students who can't find the time in their BUSY college schedule to stand in line and be given one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link to letter?***

Jul 13, 2018, 8:16 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LINK

Jul 13, 2018, 8:42 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Letters-show-students-concern-with-new-ticketing-plan-for-2018-season-17041

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here he is

Jul 13, 2018, 8:47 AM

he looks exactly like what you'd think he'd look like

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.allen.566

Whoops forgot the link
Message was edited by: SwimminTiger®

ROH

Perfect for IT

Jul 13, 2018, 9:02 AM

You know what? IT people need electricity. They need trees cleared and power poles and lines installed and maintained. They need crops planted by farmers in fields. They need cows harvested and slaughtered, packaged and shipped. They need clothes made in a textile mill from cotton grown by a farmer. They need their toilet made, installed, that flushes with a sewer line and wastewater treatment facility to process their poo and water from a water line buried by a utility worker They need a car manufactured by someone. They need gas, drilled from the ground by an oil worker somewhere in Oklahoma. They need steel made in a plant in Pittsburgh by a steel worker to make the building where they can sit all day and work with computers.

They also need to wait in line for FREE tickets and show up.

They also need to know no one likes a complainer.

Just my $0.02

I just need beer.

Jul 13, 2018, 10:16 AM

Lots of beer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The part about having to worry about scheduling out

Jul 13, 2018, 8:55 AM

so far in advance...bro you're in college and it's football season, what else are you going to be doing on Saturdays that you can't attend? Getting dragged to a pumpkin patch with your SO?

Pretty sure if he has a SO it's a dude so if anything he

Jul 13, 2018, 8:56 AM

would probably be the one dragging the SO to the pumpkin patch

ROH

20 years out of college and I'd go back in a heartbeat

Jul 13, 2018, 9:06 AM [ in reply to The part about having to worry about scheduling out ]

It's a freaking party and vacation for crying out loud. One day this guy MAY be faced with a situation where literally every single thing he does is at the expense of NOT doing something else you need to do.

That ain't college bruh. That's life. And it takes a lot of life after college even to reach that point. The reason people hate complainers is because there's always someone else more than content with more #### on their plate than you.

My Google calendar, from a distance, looks like a piece

Jul 13, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to The part about having to worry about scheduling out ]

of modern art. I schedule dumps.

Allow me to revisit this

Jul 13, 2018, 9:46 AM

You schedule dumps ?

I know that after lunch an appointment is likely, but I do not schedule them

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

poor sap doesn't realize that as a student he has more

Jul 13, 2018, 8:57 AM

free time now than he will ever have for the rest of his life, pre-retirement. He's got 40 or 50 years of stress and disappointment ahead of him.

And if Football isn't an activity that is planned in advance, I'm not sure what in his life is. Beside weddings, football weekends are more planned out far in advance than any other activity in the South, if not America. The day the schedule comes out in January, hotel reservations are made - or they are unavailable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While this dude seems like a massive chode, I can't support

Jul 13, 2018, 9:05 AM

the practice of charging money for student tickets.

I also think they should bring back block seating and make the remainder available while supplies last.

I still say they should be free.

Jul 13, 2018, 9:08 AM

Stand in line and wait for your FREE ticket, and be grateful. Otherwise, work your ### off, earn $$$$, and buy one. Either way.

One of the changes that I think would accomplish filling the

Jul 13, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to While this dude seems like a massive chode, I can't support ]

student section at every home game would be to force students to wear uniforms and attend the COMPLETE game while cheering enthusiastically the entire time under penalty of being kicked out of school. They should also have to clean up the stadium after games, and it probably wouldn't be a bad idea if some of them were also forced into being tailgate servants for high-ranking IPTAY members before and after games through a lottery system. This would go a long way towards instilling a sense of purpose in these useless hippies all strung out on goofballs.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have had zero problems scraping together a few

Jul 13, 2018, 9:21 AM [ in reply to While this dude seems like a massive chode, I can't support ]

hundred dollars over summer to ensure I had tickets to every game without having to wait in line. Instead I did wait in line and never missed having a ticket to a game I was in town for. I think I only missed three the whole 6 football seasons I was there for. These spoiled kids need to put their big kid pants on and scrape together a paltry sum of money or wait in the #### line.

ROH

the modern student is more introverted

Jul 13, 2018, 9:12 AM

And less likely to try to acquire a ticket at the gate.

jaguars fan.gif

If they can’t stand in line, how are they going to stand in a crowd of 80k+

Well clearly their attendance is based on all of their

Jul 13, 2018, 10:04 AM

friends going too, and this is something I've noticed with some people. They have to have a fuggin crowd with them to go anywhere. Want to go grab a beer? Hold up, let me call 5 or 6 other people to see if they want to too! No independence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me say this

Jul 13, 2018, 9:45 AM

the author probably pees sitting down. I don't get this #### of students not going to games. I was seeing some ###### football during the Hatfield/West years and still made every home game and several road ones. The student population is much bigger now than then, and a much better product on the field.

Seriously, stop whining like a buch of spoiled brats

Grad student? When did grad students start qualifying

Jul 13, 2018, 9:48 AM

for tickets?

Or speaking English for that matter.

#### things have changed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I think we reached a new level of poor

Jul 13, 2018, 9:58 AM

GSP

graduate student poor

I blame their horrible ignorance of life on...

Jul 13, 2018, 10:04 AM

the parents. I took the heat for my kids' generational failures but I'm not taking the heat for the grandkids'. That's on you guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic