Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To be honest, Im gonna say maybe 2 percent of this board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

To be honest, Im gonna say maybe 2 percent of this board

Nov 21, 2014, 8:10 AM

are actual alums...and 60 percent lie about it. Clemson alums have better to do with their time than coming on here trying to start an argument with people. Most are actual adults with a career and family...Thats just my opinion

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be honest, Im gonna say maybe 2 percent of this board

Nov 21, 2014, 8:15 AM

Alum. No idea about the others here. I come to hear about the sports. Sadly few are discussed here any mower.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but you have always been a rational fan.

Nov 21, 2014, 8:19 AM

I was more directing my comments in the direction of the #### starters on this board who claim to be alums

Re: Yeah, but you have always been a rational fan.

Nov 21, 2014, 8:22 AM

I think out of all the posters on this board closer to 0.2% fall into that category but they are just the ones we hear from the most.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Yeah, but you have always been a rational fan.

Nov 21, 2014, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Yeah, but you have always been a rational fan. ]

I am an alumni, and maybe I have missed stuff, but do not understand this whole Alumni vs non Alumni stuff I have been reading on about on here. I must have missed those threads.

Alumni Here

Nov 21, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Yeah, but you have always been a rational fan. ]

You guys aren't really helping stuff by continuously posting about this topic. Just leave it alone...this is all because ONE guy posted on this site about how non-alums should keep quiet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: Alumni Here

Nov 21, 2014, 8:49 AM

Thanks, I really do not know what they were talking about.

when they're sports related topics to discuss they

Nov 21, 2014, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: To be honest, Im gonna say maybe 2 percent of this board ]

are discussed. . To the point of self righteous repetitive redundancy.

Just like espn, radio talk shows, and the rest of sports entertainment... in the absence of legitimate content You must create filler.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

yeah, we're out saving the world from evil doo err rs

Nov 21, 2014, 8:19 AM

Cept me. . I'm on disability for a strained labia. Not like my super hero uniform would fit me anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

So based on your post I can conclude that you aren't an alum

Nov 21, 2014, 8:20 AM

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Yes, but I have no interest in parading that around

Nov 21, 2014, 8:22 AM

to this board. I have family members who never attended Clemson, but have given more money than most of these alums on here ever have. It just strikes me as arrogant I guess...I had to voice my opinion on the matter.

I went to Clemson, my wife went to SWU

Nov 21, 2014, 8:29 AM [ in reply to So based on your post I can conclude that you aren't an alum ]

and got her masters at Anderson University...Where does any of this have any relevancy on a football fan board?

It doesn't imo, just commenting on your post and the

Nov 21, 2014, 8:36 AM

generalizations YOU made.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

My post was directed at

Nov 21, 2014, 8:41 AM

The countless number of posts that I have seen the past few days where people basically say "If you didnt earn your degree from this university, keep your mouth shut" You and I both know if this University had to rely on alum money alone, It would not be where it is today

I agree completely that the university would be screwed

Nov 21, 2014, 8:48 AM

without the donations of non alum....

Just found it amusing that you are supposedly an alum who made this statement. "Clemson alums have better to do with their time than coming on here trying to start an argument with people. Most are actual adults with a career and family."

Well, I got sick of reading this crap

Nov 21, 2014, 8:51 AM

When I log into this board to talk football...I had to voice my opinion on the matter. If this were career builder, It would be different.

No doubt the alum vs non alum posts are idiotic...

Nov 21, 2014, 8:53 AM

couldn't agree more.

Good grief I stirred up the madding crowd.

Nov 21, 2014, 8:56 AM

Apparently a day later people are STILL hurt that I pointed out how buying tickets to sporting events doesn't mean you have a personal investment in something. Guess what: you paid taxes that supported two wars. Unless you were actually there, then don't wander around acting like you were! I paid to watch the Rolling Stones play here in 1989. They didn't send me a thank-you letter afterwards, and I didn't get all huffy about it. Same principle applies here. If you have a REAL INVESTMENT in the university, either having gone here, or supported someone who went here, or lived in this area so long that you truly have a dog in the fight, then just shut up about how butt-hurt it makes you to watch Cole Stoudt throw a football. People who are invested in this university see the university first. We worry about having kids graduate, and having them be able to get real jobs afterwards. This isn't Free Shoes U, the University of Social Promotion at Chapel Hill, or the University of Southern Coots. University is first. God and/or Family is second. Football comes somewhere afterwards. WAY afterwards. How much money you've given to buy good seats on Saturday has NOTHING TO DO with any of that. We don't boo kids on the field, any more than we would boo kids crossing a graduation stage. We don't constantly run our mouths like some drunk in a bar throwing punches around. As I said yesterday, it's a free country, and a mostly free board. You have the right to say what you want. I have the right to tell you to get stuffed.

so giving to IPTAY isn't a personal investment into Clemson

Nov 21, 2014, 9:01 AM

athletics??

Do you realize how STUPID you sound?

I really want to see his response to this...***

Nov 21, 2014, 9:02 AM

Pawitive - Good post- I think a lot of folks

Nov 21, 2014, 9:13 AM

lie about being a graduate of a college they pull for on the sports field. Every fan-base has that issue.

of course alums also like to talk sports too. So not everyone is lying about it.

In South Carolina, 65% of working adults age 25-64 do not have a college degree of any type (2 year, 4 year, etc). So the vast majority of South Carolina citizens didn't graduate from college. But plenty of South Carolina citizens are college sports fans.

I am sure a good percentage of them attended college for a period of time, but as data shows - most residents of South Carolina don't have any type of college degree.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic