Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Part of the defensive problems...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Part of the defensive problems...

Nov 28, 2015, 4:59 PM

This is probably already been discussed on here, but part of the defensive problems is play calls. We have a 28-10 lead and we're calling corner blitzes? Why not just play coverage? Orth was terrible when we dropped 6 or more in coverage. It was only when we kept blitzing that gave them opportunities for big plays - like the last play of the game - we blitz the house, he throws it over our heads for an easy TD. So frustrating. Make the QB beat you. Don't give it to him by taking your players out of the play. Venables has been awesome, obviously, but he is simply too aggressive sometimes (See the Syracuse game where we had everyone at the line of scrimmage with no second level and a walk on QB kept scoring TD's on us.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We didn't really respect Orth but

Nov 28, 2015, 5:10 PM

he was balanced enough that when we did blitz, he made some good passes.

I think one of the bigger issues was Boulware. I admire his passion to play but he wasn't effective. Our lack of depth and push for playing time is wearing us thin.

I just wonder how bad our backups must be that an injured Boulware at 60% is still a better option.

Re: We didn't really respect Orth but

Nov 28, 2015, 5:24 PM

Good points. Although I thought Jalen Williams looked good last week when Boulware was out. I wonder why they don't play him more. I guess it's based on experience/size.

Re: Part of the defensive problems...

Nov 28, 2015, 5:17 PM

I think those blitz calls don't look so bad if the LBs play their assignments correctly. Yeah our LBs can rush the QB like nobodies business. But I want them to stop the running backs, whether a run or a pass. That is their primary task, no?

I think you should take over for Brent...***

Nov 28, 2015, 5:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic