Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Good to great: Grumpy Venables recaps Clemson's win over BC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,503

New Story: Good to great: Grumpy Venables recaps Clemson's win over BC

Oct 8, 2016, 10:01 AM

Good to great: Grumpy Venables recaps Clemson's win over BC

On paper, Clemson’s 56-10 victory over Boston College Friday night may have looked easy, but when Brent Venables looks back on the Tigers’ sixth win of the season he’s going to see a defense that went from good to great.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The lost art of tackling

Oct 8, 2016, 10:21 AM

Great Defensive performance! I'd still prefer to see wrap-up tackles over big "highlight hits" though. You see it in every level of football these days, high school to NFL. You old school guys out there know what I mean.

Hitting vs the lost art of tackling

Oct 8, 2016, 10:37 AM

The hit by Boulware was great! That's the way we should play--not dirty, cheap shots, but football hits that scare the opposition. I agree that attempts to strip the ball have become too common, but a tackle on the BC QB would not have likely dislodged the ball, nor caused him to be looking for Boulware the rest of the night! GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Hitting vs the lost art of tackling

Oct 8, 2016, 12:16 PM

I agree. Boulware rung his bell and the intimidation factor with this kid is awesome. It was fun to watch. Please note I didn't refer to that particular play. However, if you have the game recorded, notice Brent Venables was very unhappy about that hit. BV knows much more about football than I ever will. I defer to his judgement. GO TIGERS!

Coach V. was angry initially before it was ruled NOT a "foul***

Oct 8, 2016, 12:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2016, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Hitting vs the lost art of tackling ]

Coach V was still angry after it was ruled not targeting. Boulware should have tackled the guy instead of trying to ring his bell. I thought more impressive was Pagano at the goal line pushing the center back to the five yard line like he was nothing.

Oct 8, 2016, 3:22 PM

whats more impressive is that pagano was on his knees and driving him back. on his knees and legs kept churning

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Pagano need to start getting more recognition from the media

Oct 8, 2016, 7:42 PM

He is somewhat overshadowed by Christian, Dex, and Carlos, but he is becoming a beast. That goal line fumble was on him. He pushed their center off the ball about 5' into the backfield and into the qb. Back up or not, that was a helluva play.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,503
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic