Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our own Tigerdug in action....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Our own Tigerdug in action....

Nov 1, 2018, 6:26 PM

https://youtu.be/aOHHQcVuRsI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our own Tigerdug in action....

Nov 1, 2018, 6:29 PM

Simple twin-screw procedure , walking it with some starboard rudder and more port thrust .
Amateur stuff , really ~

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You sound like a fella I met when my daughter was in the

Nov 1, 2018, 7:52 PM

Miss South Carolina pageant. He was security. 6'3-6'4....250 probably and he was a bad man. I got along with him right from the jump. Anyway, my daughter was in these pageants twice and I got to know him fairly well. So, about 3 or 4 years had passed since I had seen him and I am walking into a McDonalds with a friend when I see him drive through. I yelled out,"Hey Lewis!" and when he stopped I walked over with my friend. I said out loud so that my friend that was with me could hear,"Carlton this is my friend Lewis. I used to whip his ### all the time."; and Lewis said,"Sho did"..............I knew right then that Lewis was some kind of bad ###,because, to him, it was so inconceivable that I could have ever whipped his ### that he just went right along with it........

Message was edited by: Spud®

Re: You sound like a fella I met when my daughter was in the

Nov 1, 2018, 8:03 PM

A good sense of humor , a good day fishing , a good cold beer . Those 3 things can get you through life like a daisy .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 1, 2018, 6:29 PM

Gotta be dem propellers on top! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 6:33 PM

Lets see Mr. Fancy Pilot Boat Guy do that with this bad boy .

DB23

Nov 1, 2018, 6:37 PM

Hmm, his boat does seem to be a little more swavvy and debonner than yours. (Although, if they were women, yours would definitely be more topheavy!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 6:45 PM

They can't even make up to a barge . Pfft.
Pilot Boats are million dollar taxis with more electronic gadgets than Sharper Image .

All kidding aside though , it is a very tough job sometimes and often extremely dangerous . The Bar and Docking Pilots rely on those boat's captains and their crews to perform a tough job under a lot of stress and environmental whoo-hah that would be considered absurd to the average non-commercial boater .

DB23

Nov 1, 2018, 7:21 PM

Tigerdug, it looks like a lot of fun. Big toys are dangerous but can be fun too. Crane operator speaking here

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 7:24 PM

I would love to run a crane , vance !
Going back to childhood I always had a great admiration for that job . Boys and their toys !

DB23

Nov 1, 2018, 7:31 PM

It can be fun. But you have to remember that one mistake in judgment can lead to disaster. I grew up with dreams of operating big machines too. 37 years at it now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 7:37 PM

I’d love to at drive a big boat like you do some day Tigerdug. Heck I wouldn’t mind just spending some time in the wheel house??

Nov 1, 2018, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Our own Tigerdug in action.... ]

Keep on trucking brother ... deisel smoke and an ice cold Coke ?

DB23

Believe it or not, Ole Spud ran a 10 ton overhead crane back

Nov 2, 2018, 2:59 AM

when I was 19 years old and working the summers at Greenville Steel. Carried bridge girders over men's head's in the shop. I was in a cab about 30 feet over them. You would run up and down the shop picking up beams, girders, base plates,etc. and taking them to the other end. Those cranes moved down the track at a decent clip. If you quit paying attention and left the control that lowered the hooks in the down position while you were running down the track.....well, if those hooks got low enough to grab something, somebody wasn't going home from work that day. A lot of times, I would pick up one end of a 60 to 80 foot bridge girder while another crane got the other end and together we would move it to the other end of the shop to load on a train or truck. I cannot imagine letting a 19 year old kid do that today!!

Nov 1, 2018, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Our own Tigerdug in action.... ]

I know you speak the truth. Definitely a dangerous and courageous profession. Would love to hear how you came to this career? Incredibly interesting and unique. You sure don’t sit on a plane next to people like you often, if ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 7:37 PM

My father was a Navy chief , grew up around harbors and ports .
Got my start 24 years ago on the Mississippi as a green deckhand while living in Memphis TN . After around 5 years on deck I went and sat for my initial Capts license ( 100 Ton Master ) . Not sure how I passed because I ain't no smart man .
Been doing it ever since .

DB23

Nov 1, 2018, 7:39 PM

Confidence is more import than smarts, right?

Nov 1, 2018, 7:41 PM

Lol , in some ways !

DB23

Nov 1, 2018, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Our own Tigerdug in action.... ]

Write a book. That’s too good not to leave the memories. Very cool. Very.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 7:53 PM

Nobody would read a book about tugboat stuff . There's almost no time for fishing and the fun doesn't begin until we go home .

DB23

Nov 1, 2018, 7:56 PM

What speed do you coast most of the time? Can’t throw a copper penny paddle tail on a 1/4 ounce out the bridge?

Nov 1, 2018, 8:07 PM

Light boat ( without any barge ) we can do 11 knots if we are in a big hurry , but mostly run around about 7 knots .
If we have a tow or are pushing a barge ( and depending on current direction and speed and the size and depth of what we have to move ) between 4 knots and 10 knots .

Most of the places where I work I wouldn't eat a fish pulled outta there .

DB23

Nov 1, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Our own Tigerdug in action.... ]

You’d be surprised who’d read that book. With great admiration I would add. Had a neighbor who died leading boats into the harbor. Still admired to this day.

Yep. Maybe he could get it written in time for the Coots to

Nov 2, 2018, 3:03 AM

read this year in Death Valley....

And a beer dirnker.***

Nov 1, 2018, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Our own Tigerdug in action.... ]

Now you’re jes’ showin’ out!

Nov 1, 2018, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Our own Tigerdug in action.... ]

Hah!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 1, 2018, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Our own Tigerdug in action.... ]

It appears to me the way he turned that booger around he must have learned this trick driving on the NASCAR circuit.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 8:10 PM

...Or watching Captain Ron .

DB23

Nov 2, 2018, 1:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Our own Tigerdug in action.... ]

Hey Joe ! What kind of trouble you been getting into lately ?

DB23

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic