Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our game sets up a lot like TAMU/SCar last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 869

Our game sets up a lot like TAMU/SCar last night

Aug 29, 2014, 10:50 AM

We run a high-speed spread offense, going on the road against a pretty heavily favored SEC-East team who has a number of questions to answer on Defense as well as Offense.

We lost our starting QB and most effective WR to the NFL. The questions are similar to what A&M faced - do the new guys have what it takes to fill those shoes? Or is the system so effective that you can just plug new parts in and keep clicking?

The big difference, IMO, is we are returning most of what was a pretty effective defense, as opposed to A&M's defensive unit which was terrible in 2013.

I like our chances! We might not make it to 52, but I don't think UGa makes it to 28 either. Final - CU 35 UGa 21.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can also say that our defensive secondary sets up a

Aug 29, 2014, 11:01 AM

lot like the coots secondary. Two new, young inexperienced but talented CB's, and mediocre safety play. Just like theirs. But, UGA doesnt run the Air Raid offense. They line up and try to out-talent you and out-execute you and come straight up at you. That certainly fits more into our defensive talents than what A&M did fit into USuC's.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^found juan^^^^***

Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

We've got more talent and experience in secondary than Coots

Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 AM [ in reply to You can also say that our defensive secondary sets up a ]

They lost a ton of veteran guys last year. We had to play a ton of rookies last year.

So lots of young faces, but there's also a lot of snaps in our secondary. Alexander draws the average down, but I'm probably least worried about him, given how much he learned last year attaching himself to Venebles.

Yes, Mac is better than anybody they have

Aug 29, 2014, 11:10 AM

Robert Smith is a veteran, comparing him to Brison Williams their veteran. Tank has basically no experience other than special teams. Jadar has no experience. Kearse has one year under his belt, but he gets fooled half the time.

My point is, our secondary has a lot of the same issues that the coots had last night. Luckily we face UGA and not A&M. UGA's offensive scheme is simply. Line up and run you over and play action off that.

Our secondary?

Aug 29, 2014, 11:18 AM

Bro, your pulse ain't fooling anyone.

Nice try though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I can see the comparison somewhat

Aug 29, 2014, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Yes, Mac is better than anybody they have ]

but our expected strength (DL and LB) should help make up for any weakness in the secondary. SCar's DL was an unknown coming into last night's game, and the LB's were touted for some reason that I could never understand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

read this link

Aug 29, 2014, 11:03 AM

I just finished reading an article on sports illustrated that had me thinking I was reading a postgame article on Clemson. Read for yourself and tell me what you think.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/08/29/texas-am-south-carolina-kevin-sumlin-kenny-hill

Re: Our game sets up a lot like TAMU/SCar last night

Aug 29, 2014, 11:27 AM

That was a fun read, but unlike "aTm vs coots" we have a solid history between us and all our players on both sides of the ball know each other from somewhere.

I heard a coot say last night "I thought we were recruiting players we needed instead of five star's and would be fine, boy was I wrong." UGA is not lacking for top talent. I can say it hasn't always panned out, but the metrics are solid and static.

I like our chances! We might not make it to 52, but I don't think UGa makes it to 28 either. Final - CU 35 UGa 21.

I don't see 52 points in this game total, but a conservatively played slug-fest with the team who can field the most starters in the 4th quarter pulling out a three point victory in the hot mud.

Don't forget to hit the Varsity on the way home!

Go Dawgs!

Great point about familiarity

Aug 29, 2014, 11:32 AM

You're probably right that this will be a lower-scoring game than last year. But on gameday eve I tend to get a bit optimistic. So I'm hoping Stoudt > Kenny Football.

Replies: 9
| visibility 869
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic