Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our 2020 basketball recruiting class is currently top 30.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,746

Our 2020 basketball recruiting class is currently top 30.

Nov 12, 2019, 2:29 PM

Per Rivals:

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/all-teams/Basketball

Not surprisingly, a lot of ACC teams are ranked highly (4 in the top 10, 6 in the top 20, and 8 in the top 30):

Duke #1
North Carolina #2
Florida State #6
Virginia #9
Louisville #18
Miami #20
Clemson #30
NC State #30
Virginia Tech #32
Pittsburgh #34
Wake Forest #41
Syracuse #46
Georgia Tech #47
Boston College #52
Notre Dame #65

Amazingly, all 15 ACC teams are ranked in the top 65 in recruiting. Obviously a great basketball conference.

Although our ranking right now isn't anywhere close to the top of the ACC, it does represent a nice class for us (especially since it only includes 2 players at this point).

For reference, our 2019 class ranked #54 by Rivals, and I think it will prove to be a great class. Dawes and Hunter have already had some good performances thus far, and Hemenway is expected to provide some nice shooting when he returns.

This 2020 class is arguably our best class since the 2009 class which was top 20 according to some services. That was the class that included Milton Jennings, Noel Johnson, Devin Booker, and Donte Hill. We all know that the class didn't turn out like we hoped, but it was still a significant accomplishment for Clemson basketball.

Prior to that, it was quite some time since we had a top 30 class. I don't have the historical data, especially since recruiting wasn't as popular then as it is now, but I would guess that we've only had a handful of top 30 classes ever in our basketball history.

My opinion is that the 2019 and 2020 classes being an improvement over prior classes is due to a combination of the following:

-New facilities
-Key hires (assistant coaches and support staff)
-Coaching continuity (Brownell and most of the assistants)
-Sweet 16 team in 2018

We are certainly going after some very good players in the 2021 class. I'm excited to hopefully keep the good recruiting momentum going!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Our 2020 basketball recruiting class is currently top 30.

Nov 12, 2019, 2:35 PM

Great - thanks for sharing - I am also optimistic about our recruiting in the next few years especially if we keep going to the post-season and do well there. The all time best class we recruited (in my view) was Skip Wise, Stan Rome, Colon Abraham (1974 or 75?). Unfortunately, that class put us on probation. We had Tree the year before that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a very good collection of talent.***

Nov 12, 2019, 2:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Our 2020 basketball recruiting class is currently top 30.

Nov 13, 2019, 12:58 PM

If you count numbers just signing 4 star recruits or higher ranked we are in the top 25.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point!***

Nov 13, 2019, 1:39 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,746
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic