Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Other programs have qb controversies. Glad to know
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,504

Other programs have qb controversies. Glad to know

Apr 9, 2018, 3:46 PM

Dabo has this all shored up already. Looking forward to me some KB!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other programs have qb controversies. Glad to know

Apr 9, 2018, 3:52 PM

He can lead us to another Natty. I believe. If we struggle I would be fine with HJ or TL coming in but I believe KB will be improved from last year and get us back to the playoffs. Hopefully to play Bama so he can shut the haters/doubters up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With you on most topics CMoney ... but not starting QB

Apr 9, 2018, 7:16 PM

I'm a doubter but not a hater. Last year's team did very well without the Clemson GOAT Deshaun Watson. At the very least, the team needs to utilize our QB depth this year in cases of injury or poor play. Coaches need to have the backups ready to come in and contribute - something that did not happen last year likely due to youth at the position though Bama and UGA made it work.

Predictably and rationally, coaches are likely to start KB until Clemson loses or plays poorly on Offense. And based upon the schedule, Clemson has a shot to win big in most games. In order to persuade our backup QBs from transferring, Dabo may choose to list KB as #1, HJ and TL as #2, and CB as #3 or #2b heading into Summer and Fall. It sounds like all the QB's are perfect gentlemen, and Dabo can give them the "too close to call" explanation for not ranking QB's behind KB.If Clemson does lose a game and then switches starting QB's, Clemson can use the "now we have QB X and we are undefeated rationale for being included in the playoffs" which can be very compelling with fans, pollsters and the committee.

Different Clemson alums and fans have different standards in terms of season goals and objectives. Many are happy with the ACC championship and beating Carolina and most years I'm all in on those goals. Not this year. This team has many potential 1st and 2nd rounders who will be moving to the NFL next year. Playing and winning the natl championship game is a legitimate goal in 2018/19 and playing for any less discounts the talented coaches and star power on this team. It's all in to the championship game! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed 100%***

Apr 9, 2018, 7:33 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if our other QBs were godawful

Apr 9, 2018, 4:06 PM

That way, no controversy and KB would just be da man.

Sucks, but I guess we will survive.

Apr 9, 2018, 5:02 PM

Bama did also, they chose the one they felt they needed to beat us with, and it worked!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2018, 6:51 PM

And switched to the other one that got them a natty. He was primed to come in for our game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,504
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic