Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Orgeron/Ensminger gonna be under microscope next year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,844

Orgeron/Ensminger gonna be under microscope next year.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:12 AM

Joe Brady to Charlotte Panthers as OC.
Joe Burrow to NFL.

If LSU goes 9-3 next year, we will hear the cries, "It wasn't coach O. It was all Brady and Burrow."

Coach O isn't in danger of being fired. But the skeptics will start calling LSU a one-hit wonder.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think Brady may be the bigger loss between him

Jan 15, 2020, 10:14 AM

and Burrow. Coaches can build quarterbacks. I have never heard of a quarterback building a coach, unless you count Scam Newton at Auburn making Chizik look ten times better than he actually was. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I actually think Brady may be the bigger loss between him

Jan 15, 2020, 12:07 PM

We win that game against any other QB except Burrows.

Those throws to Chase were perfect throws over really good coverage. No one else we've seen can make those throws. I'm not sure Trevor could make them consistently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orgeron/Ensminger gonna be under microscope next year.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:15 AM

Without Burrow and Brady they will almost certainly take a step back . They'll play Florida on the road and Alabama and Auburn will both be very good again .
I anticipate that we'll see them in that 9 to 10 win range but I just don't think they'll sustain anything NEAR what they reached in 2019 .
This season for them was a perfect symphony .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Orgeron/Ensminger gonna be under microscope next year.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:17 AM

As someone else posted...Orgeron could be the next Gene Chizik. Things can change fast.

Or, he could be the next Jimbo Fisher. Things can change slow too.

Either way, success with a generational QB can make a coach look better than he is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on the level of dropoff if there is 1 & how much Emsinger learned from Brady

Jan 15, 2020, 12:33 PM

Brady was the brain trust it opening up what they did this year offensively. Emsinger, when he was announced as OC when they let Matt Canada go, the choice was criticized b/c he was gonna run more the offense that they were running under Les Miles trying to imitate Alabama. So if he learned some stuff to incorporate & can get whoever replaces Burrow up to speed in a hurry they still might be alright for a couple seasons.

If they're still a 9-10 win team for a couple seasons & making a NY6 or Citrus Bowl, the grumblings won't be fever pitch, especially if they manage to beat Bama again along the way. But if they drop off to 7-8 wins & Bama starts taking them to the woodshed again, then Orgeron might lose the goodwill from the championship in a hurry. That said Orgeron seems to be a guy that's learned from his mistakes over the course of his career & seen what happened w/ Les Miles failing to adapt, so I think he'd be more willing to make changes if things drop off to the point that people start calling for his job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,844
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic