Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One thing that concerns me from Saturday. It is not the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

One thing that concerns me from Saturday. It is not the

Sep 9, 2013, 5:44 PM

score, obviously we won 52-13. What I expected to see was an offense so smooth and well-oiled that literally we were having to hold them back in the late second quarter to keep the score from getting too out of hand. I did not expect to see Boyd struggle to get passes off, having to scramble, running backs getting stopped on 4th and one, passes that were off, and three and outs. That shows me that, yes we beat Georgia, but games like NC State, Boston College, Maryland, FSU, Georgia Tech, Virginia are all games that can go either way and may be nailbiters. I'm not sure I like having 12 days off before the next game. I can tell you one thing though, we are very lucky SC State was the opponent Saturday or we could have had a long day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well

Sep 9, 2013, 5:48 PM

One thing that presumes is that some of the rustiness wasn't due to players simply feeling they could coast through the game.

I imagine that is a natural reaction, and no doubt one which the coaches will address, but one which isn't that worrisome to me. We came out flat against a considerably inferior opponent. It happens, and we were never even close to in danger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For whatever reason, offense did not look good til Stoudt

Sep 9, 2013, 5:54 PM

Could be Tajh was forcing things. He does have a cannon and sometimes a nice touch on the ball is needed, sometimes a cannon is needed too. It's kind of a fine line. But he also didn't have time like you said which will make qb's force things. I agree. They should've looked better in the beginning

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: One thing that concerns me from Saturday. It is not the

Sep 9, 2013, 5:54 PM

I agree with you-- I wasn't pleased with a lot of what I saw, either, particularly on the offensive side. Now, I know you have to bring it every week-- I get that. BUT, we did play arguably the most anticipated game in 30 years last weekend. I can understand why we were less than flattering a week later.

Hopefully, we can get both games we've played entirely behind us and get focused on N.C. State. We've got plenty of time to prepare and we'll have absolutely no excuse for getting beat by a team that needed a last-minute field goal to beat Richmond. The nation will be watching again-- no need to give anyone any reason to feel like the term "Clemsoning" isn't a thing of the past.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Another funny thread. Thanks lol***

Sep 9, 2013, 6:04 PM

Re: One thing that concerns me from Saturday. It is not the

Sep 9, 2013, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: One thing that concerns me from Saturday. It is not the ]

We could have another one of those big games in Oct. and I know that Maryland will follow it and they will beat us if we play like we did after the big win against Uga.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:I'm not too concerned. Take in consideration

Sep 9, 2013, 6:29 PM

The drop off in the level of excitement from last Saturday to this. Sure we should have played better but the excitement just wasn't there and the opponent drop off had to have something to do with it. We will be fine but it is a long season. Ups and downs will happen. I'll have no problem if we win all our down games by this margin.

Re: Re:I'm not too concerned. Take in consideration

Sep 9, 2013, 7:35 PM

I just wanted to them come out there play like they were on a mission they will be right in Raleigh but like dabo said the fans react to the team which reacts to the crowd

Yea, that was a nail biter for sure.***

Sep 9, 2013, 7:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and a point was missed also, but I'm not surprised****

Sep 9, 2013, 7:43 PM

Tell 'em coot

Sep 9, 2013, 8:25 PM

41-30

Seemed like Tajh was the biggest reason. The offense

Sep 9, 2013, 7:29 PM

seemed like a totally different squad with Stoudt in. That really felt odd to type, because Tajh is considered the most important person on our team.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seemed like Tajh was the biggest reason. The offense

Sep 9, 2013, 7:33 PM

Cole had a much better day. No drop off from Boyd, whatsoever.

Felt odd to think it too, yet that's what I was thinking the

Sep 9, 2013, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Seemed like Tajh was the biggest reason. The offense ]

whole first half. And I must say Tajh is one of my top all-time clemson Tigers. Maybe the top, but he seemed off Saturday. Now I will say when I played the half back and rewatched it, he did make some pinpoint thows way down the field a couple of times.

no, Cole had the 2nd string offense in there with him

Sep 9, 2013, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Seemed like Tajh was the biggest reason. The offense ]

which he is more used to throwing to

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TD passes allowed

Sep 9, 2013, 7:56 PM

Were most concerning IMO. Awful angles. The second one was really bad.

First time poster - I will try to be a realist :). Been let down too many times over the years to pump sunshine. Go Tigers!

some of it seemed to be play calling as well

Sep 9, 2013, 8:17 PM

i got the feeling they wanted to get some people involved to knock off some rust or demons.

i think they accomplished it.

but at the same time, the offense stunk.

3 and outs and not converting 4th is a problem.
they better get sharp quick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic