Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One thing about A&M, that oil money is niiiice.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,812

One thing about A&M, that oil money is niiiice.

Sep 12, 2018, 6:22 PM

Forbes ran an article about the most valuable football programs in CFB. TAMU and UT are #1 & #2, unsurprisingly, and Clemson wasn’t in the top 25. I take that to mean we are getting the best bang for our buck. Kudos to the BOT, Dr Clements, Dabo, and our AD.

But gah...it would be nice to get some of that oil money, or have some kind of major homegrown industry bringing money into SC.

BTW, don’t know if they showed this on TV, A&M recognized three former Aggies during the game- Rick Perry, the Saudi Minister of Energy, and the Exxon CEO. I sat there dumbfounded.

But it really says a lot about how resources can make a difference. Maybe it’s time to drill off MB, or be the first southern state to legalize cannabis? Not sure. Either way I’m proud of Clemson for packing a much bigger punch than its finances would suggest.

Money ain’t everything. (Kyle Field is purdy though.)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing about A&M, that oil money is niiiice.

Sep 12, 2018, 6:57 PM

Very true. Most of the Texas and Oklahoma schools have plenty of oil and gas money.

All of the supposed "Free market" republicans turn into

Sep 12, 2018, 6:59 PM

NIMBY hypocrites when you start talking about allowing oil drilling off the coast. You know, we live in a "free country" right? Cue the Lee Greenwood

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same thing at UT

Sep 12, 2018, 7:53 PM

I went to a game in Austin 3 years ago and on one of the tv timeouts they introduced a guy who donated 1 million dollars to athletics. He got a brief polite round of applause before quickly being ushered off the field before the timeout ended.

Meanwhile at Clemson, the Duckworth's donate 500,000 and have the entire tennis facility pavilion after them

For a school with less than 20K student body...

Sep 12, 2018, 7:55 PM

...we hold our own....3x campus size

Texas A&M University—College Station is a public institution that was founded in 1876. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 50,735, its setting is city, and the campus size is 5,200 acres.

Clemson University is a public institution that was founded in 1889. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 19,402, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 17,000 acres.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something To Consider Come Election Time

Sep 12, 2018, 8:44 PM

Don't vote for the ignorant who are against drilling off the coast of SC.

Louisiana drills.. look and see the money they get.

Sep 13, 2018, 1:43 AM

None. Its federal if its offshore.
Not that I think drilling off SC is a good idea anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

At One Point In Time

Sep 13, 2018, 1:51 PM

many of the oil companies were headquartered in New Orleans. They all relocated to Texas because of the Louisiana tax rates and government graft and corruption. The petroleum and natural gas drilling industry is still huge in Louisiana providing large numbers of jobs with extremely attractive salaries. Those types of jobs would become available to the residents of South Carolina.

In addition, the States of Louisiana and Texas also receive a portion of the proceeds from the federal leases on off shore drilling.

Maybe Danny's weed farm can pave the way

Sep 12, 2018, 11:13 PM

For new revenue streams ??

We need to get us a big curved drill bit so we can hit some

Sep 13, 2018, 2:46 PM

of them old oil pockets. Who says you have to drill scraight?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,812
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic