Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One huge bad call - changed the game completely
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 3,672

One huge bad call - changed the game completely

Jan 2, 2018, 7:57 AM

Had the refs called the obvious penalty for offensive pass interference - then Bama would have probably gotten a field goal rather than touchdown. So - score would have been - 13-6. With that score - Kelly probably does not panic and throw into coverage - and they get the pick 6 - which generally took the game out of reach.
I would love to see an interview with the refs explaining why they did not call pass interference.
A 7 point game and who knows what Bama does. they never really had pressure.

Other ramblings.
Offensive line was beyond confused and overrun. Did not expect that. While Bama is good - we made them look like supermen.
We have no tight end game.
Clearly - they did not respect our passing game. Perhaps HJ or TL will solve that - this coming year.
Running back - when QB change is made - should KB be fullback and ETN tail?
I though our defense played well enough to win.
Punt - we need punter who can do better than 33-35 yard punts - sometimes turn the field. Disappointing.
Kick return team - seemed to want to get our return guys killed - poor blocking.

It was supposed to be a rebuilding year with the losses - so better than expected. However - to get this close and lay an egg - was tough to watch.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you think one call changed the whole game

Jan 2, 2018, 8:16 AM

You must have forgotten the rest of the game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i did not say it changed the outcome

Jan 2, 2018, 8:23 AM

seldom does one call like that change the outcome. but what it did do - was change the probabilities. who knows what would have happened if the pressure got on Bama. Did you not feel like the Tigers were ready to take the lead when we had the ball down 10-6 and driving? Pressure changes everything.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you think one call changed the whole game

Jan 2, 2018, 8:57 AM [ in reply to If you think one call changed the whole game ]

When Cain dropped the first one you knew we were in trouble.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One huge bad call - changed the game completely

Jan 2, 2018, 8:54 AM

We certainly got out-played by Bama, but there were a few other occasions/calls where things could've turned in a hurry.

The drive where Kelly lobbed a 25yd pass to Cain in the end zone was clear pass interference. Bama's corner held his other arm. 1st & 10 at the 12yd line maybe changes things vs a field goal and a 10-3 deficit.

After the turnover to start 2nd half, Kelly made a terrible read with a wide open WR and gave up on play scrambling for two yards. Need more than 3pts there.

Payne's INT was about a quarter second from being a long pass play that might've been a touchdown. Also, that was no horse collar tackle on Payne (45 yd change of field position).

Cain had sloppy hands all night. His 1st drop was critical and resulted in a gassed defense early in the game. The pick six that went off his shoulder could've been a catch, though I will give the Bama credit for getting a finger on the ball.

All in all, Dabo is exactly right - Clemson didn't make the plays when we needed to. Momentum is huge in this game and our offense/special teams flat out failed.

Great season though and reason to be optimistic about next few years. Here's to hoping Ferrell returns and a return to playoffs in 2019!! GO TIGERS!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 3,672
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic