Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Once again for the mentally challenged.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Once again for the mentally challenged.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:29 PM

Five plays cost us the game.
1. Poor pass to wide open TE.
2. Bad snap.
3. Missed fg.
4. Missed fg.
5. Fumble with victory in our grasp.

Don't be the idiot that says they should be coached not to do these things, they are. There is no player from pee wees to the nfl that always do what they are coached to do. This loss id due to players not doing what they are supposed to do not coaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once again for the mentally challenged.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:32 PM

Bad snap doesnt even come close to describing that one. maybe the worst I've ever seen except for one which didnt get airborn once

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 1:39 PM

except for the same thing that happened last year with Tajh against FSU, right? Norton seems to be bad with high snaps....if you watch last night 's game again, see how many DW had to jump for before that "bad snap" happened....it wasn't the only bad snap, just the one that finally went too high.

Sep 21, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Once again for the mentally challenged. ]

eddie goldman got inside his head on the previous play when he jumped the snap count. it happens.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, exactly right. And what did he have to lose with 1/2

Sep 21, 2014, 2:38 PM

the distance being like 6 inches at the time? Those rules drive me nuts sometimes. The defense might as well try to time to snap count every single time the ball is inside the 1 because the penalty is almost non-existent and the reward for getting it right can be huge. Or sometimes even taking the penalty can get inside the linemen's head like last night and cause a massive 5-yd false start or even a bad snap like last night. I'm honestly surprised you don't see a lot more offsides in these situations.

I have always hated half the distance penalties

Sep 21, 2014, 2:57 PM

It should be down to the whole distance. If that distance causes you to have a TD or safety, so be it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 1:32 PM

don't confuse the Dabo haters with facts.....

Sorry, but you forgot the missed coaches challenge

Sep 21, 2014, 1:34 PM

that would have made the bad snap nonexistent.

Re: Sorry, but you forgot the missed coaches challenge

Sep 21, 2014, 1:43 PM

Missed coaches challenge?? Hope that's a joke, he was clearly down before the line and the spot we got was generous, it wasn't even close. Ppl wanna complain about lining up in the I and running but that is what our offense runs all of the time....Norton is horrible there is a reason he lost his job but you gotta make that snap in that situation, fg kicking was the worst I mean his misses aren't even close... And cole has to make that play to legget... Fumbles happen but why at that moment did it happen to us, I do believe we should have had a little bigger stronger guy out there knowing they are trying to strip the ball

we may be speaking of different plays. The

Sep 21, 2014, 1:48 PM

play before the bad snap was a touchdown. Not the one in the corner where he caught the ball but his knee was down. The other one where he fell into the end zone on his back.

Why not include long FSU td

Sep 21, 2014, 1:34 PM

When Alexander fell down?

Re: Why not include long FSU td

Sep 21, 2014, 1:42 PM

Because that kid played his tail off against a great wr. and got beat one time all night long. You might expect that during a game like this but it does not rise to the level of the other miscues. I would make the argument that what he was asked to do is harder than throwing a short pass or kicking a ball or snapping a ball or holding onto the ball.

Not bashing him

Sep 21, 2014, 1:47 PM

Just saying how many times does a fluky bad luck deal like that happen?

Sep 21, 2014, 1:36 PM

Here is a great example. My elem. teacher taught me how to spell is but since I did not check my work and spelled it id we better fire her immediately.

Great post. Some people need to give up football

Sep 21, 2014, 1:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Clemson consistently has these kind of miscues in big

Sep 21, 2014, 1:46 PM

games, how is that ultimately not on the coaching staff??? This happens all the time.

Did the players decide to run out of the shotgun from the half yard line? No.

Did the players decide to throw an inept kicker back onto the field after missing a 23 yard field goal? No.

Did the players call the most vanilla and predictable offensive game plan known to man? No.

THAT IS ALL COACHING. Dabo and Morris need to learn from their mistakes and get better. Period.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"consistently has these kind of miscues in big games"???

Sep 21, 2014, 1:57 PM

What the hell are you talking about??

So many comically ignorant comments in your post..

Sep 21, 2014, 1:55 PM

> Five plays cost us the game.
> 1. Poor pass to wide open TE.
> 2. Bad snap.
> 3. Missed fg.
> 4. Missed fg.
> 5. Fumble with victory in our grasp.
>
> Don't be the idiot that says they should be coached
> not to do these things, they are. There is no player
> from pee wees to the nfl that always do what they are
> coached to do. This loss id due to players not doing
> what they are supposed to do not coaching.

We're you the color guy beside Euker in major league? Over simplified a bit don't ya think? The 2 missed fgs never occur if we have the right qb on the field and go under center. Those are directly coaching decisions. Same thing for bad snap. It's not that anyone taught him to snap it over 4s head, but what about the fact that we shouldn't have been snapping it 5 yards deep from the 4 inch line? Coaching decision. Davidsons fumble is irrelevant to me. If the coaches had handled earlier situations with some common sense, we woulda been up 21 when that occurred.

Coupla obvious corrections...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:03 PM

"The 2 missed fgs never occur if we have the right qb on the field and go under center."

How do you know? Being under center guarantees NOTHING. You can fumble or get blown up in the backfield just as easy.

"Same thing for bad snap."

Um, we scored a TD on the previous play, from the shotgun.

"we shouldn't have been snapping it 5 yards deep from the 4 inch line"

Why not? Under this system we've scored dozens of TD's from inside the 5, in the shotgun. And dozens of teams do it every Saturday.

Coaching didn't lose the game, in fact, coaching and gameplanning put us in perfect position to beat a far more talented team in their place.

Re: Coupla obvious corrections...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:15 PM

I am watching 6 football games right now being coached by guys who have made their way to the top of the coaching profession....yet to see shotgun on goal line. Just saying.

Good for you...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:39 PM

Did you also notice how much different the NFL is from the college game?

Do you dent that us and dozens of other schools score TDs in the redzone every single Saturday? I mean, obviously you have the capability of watching every single play in a minimum of 6 games at once, right?

Re: Good for you...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:48 PM

Denver philly saints all run predominantly gun offenses. They all go under center at goal line and even sometimes mid field in short yardage.

Getting cute costed us. End of story.

Re: Coupla obvious corrections...

Sep 21, 2014, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Coupla obvious corrections... ]

I am watching 6 football games right now being coached by guys who have made their way to the top of the coaching profession....yet to see shotgun on goal line. Just saying.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Once again for the mentally challenged. ]

When you have made up your mind to blame coaching no amount of logic will suffice. If you think the fumble was not relevant we really have nothing to discuss. As far as over simplified it's not rocket science.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:18 PM

> When you have made up your mind to blame coaching no
> amount of logic will suffice. If you think the fumble
> was not relevant we really have nothing to discuss.
> As far as over simplified it's not rocket science.

So you think snapping the ball to the 5 from the 4 inch line is smart? If so, I have nothing for you. Watch some games played by the big boys and let me know how often that happens. It's just asinine and quite frankly idiotic.

So then whose fault is it for putting those players in the

Sep 21, 2014, 2:07 PM

game?

Re: So then whose fault is it for putting those players in the

Sep 21, 2014, 2:17 PM

Let me explain this to you slowly. These players are great athletes who are more than capable of making the plays they were asked to make. They are human and made mistakes. If you watch nfl games today you will see the same type of mistakes by some of the best athletes in the world. They know better are coached not to do it but they are human but that does not relieve them from being responsible for their own actions.

Re: So then whose fault is it for putting those players in the

Sep 21, 2014, 2:23 PM

Obviously the players didn't do it on purpose or the coaches didn't intend for those things to happen. Problem is, it's not philosophically sound to do some of those things. And you know why teams don't snap it 5 yards deep on the goal line? It's because coaches REALIZE that the players are human and mistakes happen. You reduce getting blown up or a bad snap by going under center. It is safer. Doesn't guarantee anything but is less risky. That's why you won't see NFL team in gun on goal line.

I read that very slowly. It took me almost a minute.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: So then whose fault is it for putting those players in the ]

Was that too fast?

How long did it take you to type it?

I still think the coaches are equally to blame, however.

Re: I read that very slowly. It took me almost a minute.

Sep 21, 2014, 2:50 PM

At least you have a sense of humor. I respect that.

Not quite sure this is following what should otherwise be a

Sep 21, 2014, 2:16 PM

constructive debate regardless of the correct position. Mentally challenged/ idiot seems offensive which arguably is a legit topic of debate. In biz school this is formally defined as continual quality assurance, peer review, kaizen etc.which has been implemented successfully for a long long time. At least respect your counter argument if you are here to voice yours. Fair enough?

Re: Not quite sure this is following what should otherwise be a

Sep 21, 2014, 2:25 PM

I get it. You missed my point. I did not post this to inspire a healthy debate. I posted this because I think if you don't think player mistakes were the reason for the loss you are mentally challenged. If you think it was coaching you are an idiot.

That was a given. Well awesome contribution sir.***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:36 PM

Re: That was a given. Well awesome contribution sir.***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:45 PM

Thank you.

Talk about intelligent debate....***

Sep 21, 2014, 2:42 PM

Replies: 34