Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok this is going to be long so hang in there
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 909

Ok this is going to be long so hang in there

Jan 12, 2016, 10:38 AM

Yes, we didn't win. It sucks. Losing sucks. Always has. Always will. We should not and won't accept it and neither will/should our coaches and players. However, let's keep in mind all of the great things that have happened this year.

At the beginning, we thought this was going to be a reload year. Get everybody on the same page and build the chemistry for a run next year. Almost everybody thought this was going to be a 10 win year and our goal on t-net was to win the ACC championship.

In the first game our best deep threat wide receiver went down on a freak accident. He has now fully recovered and will join us again next year. However, in this substantial absence, it has allowed others to shine. Even a scrawny/scrappy walk-on.

Our star kicker was busted with coke and we had no idea who would take over kicking duties. We were all wondering if we would just go for 2 on every PAT. Then lo and behold, another walk on put us back in the game.

In comes the flood of the century. Everybody in the nation has us down for a loss against ND. They were too good! Best D we would ever see! This win made us start seeing that there was something particularly special about this team. Tigers come to play. Rain or shine.

After a few more close games and games we were left with very little fingernails, we come into the win or go home game in the ACC... Fla St. Everybody thought Dalvin Cook would run all over us and after the first long run we started worrying about it as well. That worrying quickly gave way to a huge game by our D.

In Miami, we finally put all of the pieces together and blow out a program that was teetering on the brink of extinction anyways.

Of course, who can forget beating the chickens. Not much to say on that. The game was in hand long before we played it.

Then all of a sudden a team who we thought would be fighting for an ACC title has been #1 in the AP and FINALLY # 1 in the CFB playoffs going into the ACCCG. One in which we took it to the tarholes handily.

Wow! We are actually in the playoffs!!! We are playing our toughest opponent yet with a win or go home game on the line! Didn't take long for us to show the nation that WE FREAKING BELONG HERE ####### SOONERS!

Then the night comes. Playing for a NC against one of the best teams not just in the country but in the past decade. We showed everybody that Clemson belongs in the same breath as Bama. We gave them our best play after play and shook the CFB world to the core. We made a few more mistakes than they did and that would eventually cost us the game. BUT

Next year we are returning almost all of our key players including a shoe-in for the Heisman.

We have more 5*'s on campus now and coming in soon than most teams have 3 and 4*'s.

Do we have issues we need to fix? Absolutely. But we have the best coach in the league who somehow, while supposedly being some dopey real estate agent seems to make the right call on hiring and firing every single time.

Mourn gracefully for what could have been. But get excited about what is to come!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Ok this is going to be long so hang in there

Jan 12, 2016, 10:46 AM

forgot to add that we outscored all opponents (not including fcs) 479-305 this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds like pie in sky....

Jan 12, 2016, 10:48 AM

I'll have slice please. ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok this is going to be long so hang in there

Jan 12, 2016, 10:49 AM

and I got Fla St. and Miami backwards. ######!

Replies: 3
| visibility 909
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic