Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ohio State Will Jump Us in BCS According
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Ohio State Will Jump Us in BCS According

Oct 7, 2013, 3:17 PM

to the gurus on Chris Childers Sirius XM. They promised that winning the Big 10 and two straight undefeated years will give the Bucks the edge over Clemson if both schools finish undefeated. I also heard another guy on Bill King's show say there is no way an undeafeted PAC 12 team (Ducks or Stanford) won't go over an unbeaten ACC team. They say PAC12>ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Big10 is horrible...Clemson EASILY goes with...

Oct 7, 2013, 3:19 PM

wins over UGA, FSU, SCAR and Miami/VT.

Re: Ohio State Will Jump Us in BCS According

Oct 7, 2013, 3:19 PM

Not according to the early BCS, which has Clemson at #2, and OH State having to jump Stanford and Oregon first before worrying about jumping us.
http://www.tigernet.com/update/Clemson-2-projected-BCS-ranking-12973

the computers hate Oregon more than us apparently.***

Oct 7, 2013, 5:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Stanford should've lost to the Huskies...BS calls***

Oct 7, 2013, 3:20 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way.

Oct 7, 2013, 3:21 PM

Not if we beat FSU, a 1-loss Maryland team, and a 1 or 2-loss coot team. I'm just not buying that.

Anyway, we've got 7+1 left to play. Tons of football left.

BC
FSU
MD
UVA
GA TECH
CUPCAKE
COOTS
ACC TITLE GAME

Lots of football left.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2013, 3:21 PM

I tend to agree with them on the PAC 12. I think we have to hope for a loss by the #1 Pac 12 and #1 SEC team. Ohio State will get the nod by the pollsters because of 2nd undefeated season but the computers may have other ideas. If Clemson is #3 in both polls I could easily see the difference in the computers giving Clemson the edge because of OSU's schedule.

null

Oct 7, 2013, 3:26 PM

*sigh...again:
http://www.tigernet.com/update/Clemson-2-projected-BCS-ranking-12973

^ There is the early BCS from CBS....which that one is taking in account practically every factor but 1 computer poll ATM, so it's pretty much the closest you'll get to an idea basing on the real BCS poll factors as they stand now. At the moment, Clemson looks to sit at #2, OH State at #5 below Oregon and Stanford.

Oct 7, 2013, 3:49 PM

I said that the computers would favor Clemson, but the voters might give them the edge because of 2 undefeated seasons. Also with Oregon and Stanford playing each other it is easy to see why they would jump us by the end of the season. Like everyone else out side of Bama we might need a little help to make the championship games.

null

### does last year have to do with anything?***

Oct 7, 2013, 3:25 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ### does last year have to do with anything?***

Oct 7, 2013, 3:28 PM

Exactly last year is last year! It has nothing to do with this year!
Please Please Please bring a real Playoff! Then at least you win it on the field not in somebody's biased mind!

won't happen.....

Ohio state NOR pac12 team will have FOUR top 10/15 victories............2 of those being over the SEC

if CU goes undefeated with victories over FSU, UGA and socar

OSU does not have any victories that can top those

don't forget miami (most likely) top 10/15***

Oct 7, 2013, 3:27 PM

Re: this really concerns me about what Mr 19 posts thinks

Oct 7, 2013, 3:36 PM

yeah just very concerned. (sarcasm)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year's wins don't count.***

Oct 7, 2013, 3:45 PM

Oct 7, 2013, 3:46 PM

Hummm Gamecock maybe posting this !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, when pigs fly. Not gonna happen

Oct 7, 2013, 3:46 PM

Think about it: We have FSU, Coot U, MD and either Miami or VT left on our schedule.

Not a chance OSU jumps us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Ohio State - I say doubtful. Last year will not help them.

Oct 7, 2013, 3:47 PM

The only way last year helps them is if the voters feel bad for them being undefeated but left out last year. Unfortunately for Ohio State, that sympathy is not there because:
1) Their schedule is blatant garbage. For several years any ACC front-runner was dismissed as having played in a weak conference. Well, the ACC is doing better this year and we've schedule two Top 10 SEC opponents. The voters love that.
2) Ohio State didn't play in the BCSNC game because they cheated. That doesn't get a ton of sympathy.

If we go undefeated (a big "if"), and one of the PAC12 teams does, along with Alabama, I won't jump off a bridge if we're not in the championship game. As it stands right now, the formula thinks it is us, though. I will take it. Ohio State just does not deserve to jump any of those teams, though.

null

One question

Oct 7, 2013, 3:57 PM

Are these the same gurus who said Clowney was a lock for the Heisman and number one draft pick? I'm just sayin.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio State Will Not Jump Clemson IF both teams win out

Oct 7, 2013, 4:01 PM

A win over FSU in primetime followed by another SEC win against USUCK followed by a win against a Miami will seal the deal. If all those things happen not only will Clemson be #2 but they will have at least 15 first place votes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2013, 4:16 PM

I don't think there's is any way an undefeated Ohio State jumps an undefeated Clemson team. Ohio State just played their highest ranked opponent of the year in Northwestern. Their remaining schedule is horrible outside of Michigan, who isn't very good and could be ranked in the low teens at gametime.

If our quality opponents do what they're supposed to an win-out (with the exception of when Miami & FSU play each other), it means we'll have beaten 3 11 win teams in FSU, Georgia and Miami and a 10 win team in South Carolina. The strong SEC opponents would especially help.

The computers currently have Clemson averaged at #4, while Ohio State is #8. This gap will only grow if we beat FSU (who the computers average at #3)...this is true for both the computer and human polls. Even if you ignored FSU, our remaining schedule is stronger than OSU's.

However, an undefeated PAC-12 opponent would be a toss up in my opinion. I think we could edge them out, but I could see the voters really pushing Oregon into the national title if they continue playing well.

Is there much of a difference between #3 or #4 in BCS?

Oct 7, 2013, 4:17 PM

In a way, #1 and #2 are about all that count until the playoffs come.

Not a chance. *

Oct 7, 2013, 4:19 PM

!

A question and a few things to note

Oct 7, 2013, 4:52 PM

1) where did they get the Harris poll #s??-- did they estimate, or use the AP poll for now as I don't think it comes out to next week. Harris poll is going to be huge-- we can't afford to be behind OSU-- we would be behind them in 2/3 of what counts and would probably need to leap them with human voters(either coaches or Harris down the road). We will beat them in the computers but that is only 1/3.
2)OSU will improve on their #8 computer ranking just by undefeated teams losing and them moving up and staying undefeated(they actually may have more growth potential sitting at #8 vs us sitting at 4)
3) Looking at Stanfords sched-- doubt we beat them in the computers and would have to beat them in human polls. -but I doubt they go undefeated-- may lose multiple
4)Oregon-- need them to lose-- they will be ahead of us in both human polls and computers will be tight. They will get the nod
5)Bama- please lose to UGA or LSU

Re: A question and a few things to note

Oct 7, 2013, 4:57 PM

If we beat FSU, I don't see a way the human polls wouldn't have us in front of OSU.

I didn't realize the AP isn't included in the BCS...

yep- AP is not included and actually could give an

Oct 7, 2013, 5:07 PM

undefeated team that doesn't play in the BCS their NC if you have a 3 undefeated team scenario

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic