Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observations from this past week...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Observations from this past week...

Sep 10, 2018, 10:09 AM

1. Had another great trip to Aggieland (my second). I have traveled all over the country to watch Clemson football and A&M fans once again proved to be the most friendly and hospitable fans of any opposing team that I have ever encountered and it really isn't even close.

2. In spite of the wet weather, Aggie fans showed-up and were loud. REALLY LOUD !!! At nearly 105,000, it was one of, if not the largest crowd in school history. Props to the thousands of Tiger fans who were able to make the trip.

3. Flew in to Dallas late Thursday afternoon and had an opportunity to check-out some of the local attractions on Friday before heading to College Station late Friday afternoon (the old Cotton Bowl stadium, Jerry's World, the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum at SMU, and the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza (very moving and I would encourage anyone who has the opportunity to check it out).

4 - Had an early dinner at the Pecan Lodge on Friday. The brisket was fabulous.

5 - The pre-game parties at the Fox & Hound (and later at the Dixie Chicken) Friday night were fun. Too crowded to get to the bar for a drink but still fun.

6 - Thank you to our hosts from A&M. Tailgated in the 12th Man H Reserved parking lot which is across the street from the West Campus Parking Garage and the Student Recreation Center (an impressive facility BTW), and a short walk of about a block to the stadium.

7 - If Clemson is only going to run about 10% of the playbook, we seriously need to reconsider the decision to schedule teams like Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU and Georgia.

8 - Punting remains a HUGE team liability. Hopefully Aidan Swansons comes-in a makes an immediate impact similar to B.T. Potter.

9 - Some days, it's better to be lucky than good.

10 - $CU once again faces a team with an actual pulse and once again gets embarrassed. Bentley posts an impressive QB rating of 39.7 but that's OK because he's only supposed to be in the 7th grade and the opponent wasn't really that much better, if any better, than $CU. A massive post game celebration ensued because Alabama won.

11 - All A&M fans to whom I spoke think the City of Columbia, SC is a cesspool and that $CU fans are ignorant, mouthy, and deluded. One more reason to like them.

12 - A word of advice to the folks at Kyle Field; when you have 105,000 fans in attendance, you may want to consider opening a few more gates and hiring a few more ticket scanners. The lines and the wait outside the stadium to get in were unbearably long which caused a lot of folks to miss the pregame flyover and kickoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Regarding #9

Sep 10, 2018, 10:16 AM

I assume you're talking about none of the 5 potential/likely interceptions the A&M QB threw being caught? That dude is a tough player, but he made throws Saturday night that will be intercepted more often than not. Tipped passes somehow becoming completions rather than interceptions, a TD pass to a guy with 4 defenders on him, blind screen passes that will likely cost him at another time.

With that said, we were also fortunate in a few places, but I don't buy that we were lucky to win the game. We made plays, they made plays, and in the end we made just enough to win.

Glad you enjoyed your trip, its a cool place to watch a game indeed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About #11 and #12

Sep 10, 2018, 2:43 PM

#11 - I'm amazed that you were able to find an A&M fan who would say anything negative about ANYBODY (well, maybe besides a Longhorn). Everybody I met was so polite and positive. But they must also be pretty good judges of character I suppose.

#12 - I noticed a GIGANTIC line at the Northeast entrance. But just 20-30 yards past that, toward the Northwest entrance, were virtually empty entrances. I am thinking there was some herd mentality going on there, and everybody just lined up in the same place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just a heads up... in case you were wondering...

Sep 10, 2018, 2:51 PM

your "#7" is one of the stupidest things I've ever read

hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic