Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obama, worst president ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Obama, worst president ever

Jul 2, 2014, 9:10 PM

Is anyone even close?

http://news.yahoo.com/u-poll-more-voters-see-obama-worst-president-122609810.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obama, worst president ever

Jul 2, 2014, 9:15 PM

Probably not in modern times, but only time will truly tell. The only one I can think that would have been worse is if McCain had been elected and then died in office...Palin would have been a complete disaster.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2014, 9:30 PM

Odds are, we would be in better shape with Palin. At least she had experience at governing. I'd say she's also a patriot. Not sure what obama is!

Jul 2, 2014, 9:41 PM

LOL..I guess. Governing I will give you...but what's your definition of Patriot?

Jul 2, 2014, 9:49 PM

Let me ask you this.... do you think obama has helped America?
Across the board... If you voted for obama chances are you will defend his administration to a T.

I agree with the poll, but take one step further and say not only is her the worst president in modern time, but ever. Some may argue that Wilson was the worst.

The patriot question, obama may have some good points, but being a strong patriot isn't his best quality imo. A true patriot would have strong support within all branches of service and not a low morale among career personnel.

Did Dubya help America?***

Jul 2, 2014, 9:52 PM

Re: Did Dubya help America?***

Jul 2, 2014, 10:01 PM

He did after 9/11/.

This will shock you... I voted for Al Gore and John Kerry.
Like I've said before, I'm a recovering tree hugger.

What did he do that fixed America after 9/11?

Jul 2, 2014, 10:05 PM

other than be the sitting President? If he gets credit for that, then Obama has to get some credit for actually catching Osama, right?

Re: What did he do that fixed America after 9/11?

Jul 2, 2014, 10:17 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT!! in fact he did not want to catch his fellow muslim but they did and he had to act..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What did he do that fixed America after 9/11?

Jul 2, 2014, 10:27 PM [ in reply to What did he do that fixed America after 9/11? ]

Americans were all for attacking the ######### that attacked us. If you recall, everyone, even obama was in favor of our military attacks.

He came out and said it wouldn't be easy, and would take a long time .
We were all for it.... Get the terrorist that attacked the US.

I didn't vote for him but like most Americans I was in favor of what the Bush admin did. ( most of it )

Still, imo, he was a heck of a lot better at governing than obama. Now many disagree, but I don't.

No one that supports obama has answered the question, how is America better from his presidency? I don't see it. We are failing and the world is watching and knows we are weaker because of his policies and thats across the board. I hope we don't pay for it because we've become soft.

See and I'd say we are better off now than

Jul 2, 2014, 11:04 PM

dubya's 2nd term and most of the problems we are facing are because of his decisions or carried over from before him.

Obama's biggest fault, imo, is that he hasn't been the gamechanger many hoped he'd be. He didn't transform America in either direction (savior or devil) and so his presidency just kind of feels blasé. I said this before he was elected, that the country was so bad off in 2007-2008 that no matter who was elected, they would still be defined by dubya's legacies. I think Obama is proof of that. (war and economic struggles)

If interested, here are obama's "kept promises" and his compromises (basically a quick review of his presidency)
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-kept/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/compromise/

In what way are we better off now?***

Jul 3, 2014, 10:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

health cost slashed by thousands of dollars

Jul 4, 2014, 5:41 PM

plus we get subsidies so that the costs are transferred to rich people

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deflect!!!***

Jul 3, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Did Dubya help America?*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2014, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Obama, worst president ever ]

Just so you can get an idea where i come from...I didn't vote for a dem or republican in either of the past two elections since I really saw no solid choice either way. As a general rule, I tend to vote Republican in Senatorial and Presidential elections and democrat in local, state, and congressional races. I prefer higher local and state taxes for better schools, roads, etc....and keeping federal taxes lower....but I digress...

Again, I think only time can judge a presidents legacy so polls like this are only useful in the short term to sway popular opinion.

As to the question on being a Patriot...in my mind it is simply someone who upholds and defends the constitution and believes that those liberties aren't just dependent on being an American,,,that every person everywhere has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Just one example...but by my definition, anyone in a position of power who has continued to allow Gitmo to remain open and who supported weatherboarding, etc...was, and is not, a Patriot. This would include our last two Presidents, VPs, and yes, even Sarah Palin.

Will be interesting to see the polling after 2016

Jul 2, 2014, 9:46 PM

in regards to Dubya and Obama legacies. A present day poll is too easily influenced by current events, a historical poll is really only worth anything after time has passed.

Re: Will be interesting to see the polling after 2016

Jul 2, 2014, 9:59 PM

If the truth is told, I'm sure obama will look pretty bad.
Its unfortunate too, because someone will need to clean up the white house.
In order to get back on top, it will take several presidencies. Someone will need to cut some serious spending, close the borders, get America united, get America working, get pc out of the military and those are not popular choices. If someone cuts programs do reduce our deficit, pay down our bills, they will be hated. But its something that must be done.

By that logic though, every president looks pretty bad

Jul 2, 2014, 10:04 PM

If anything, Obama is part of a trend and not some outlier.

I think politics in general is so broken that I seriously doubt ONE person is going to be able to change the culture in Washington. When one party wins, the other decides to stop working with them. Bipartisanship is non-existent and until that's fixed nothing on your list will be accomplished.

Oh, and also take money's influence out of politics

Jul 2, 2014, 10:11 PM

or try to lessen it instead of increase it as has been the trend recently (looking at you supreme court)

"Taking money out of politics" won't do anything...

Jul 3, 2014, 11:29 AM

and probably won't even get monied influences out of politics in the way the people who espouse this want. Instead, my guess is it would further entrench an even less democratic elite (capital can be "creatively destructive" of ivory towers) who would dominate politics and make it nearly impossible for challengers from outside their class to gain influence. Limiting how much can be contributed means that the value of the advantages that incumbents hold rises, while challengers are even more limited in the way they can attack incumbents. So, yes, you'd have the appearance of a less partisan, more tranquil political culture, but that might just be because you've used the law to squelch a lot of other political speech.

As I see it, the real problem isn't just the politicians, it's the political culture that includes you and me, the media, and the politicians too. There are some fundamental disagreements about things that aren't being worked out, or really even discussed, because people are less interested in improving the culture than they are in devising strategies for gaining and holding onto political power. That's not to say that political power isn't important, but that our misplaced priorities make us ignorant of the cultural problems that produce a toxic politics, and that toxic politics is the appropriate representation of the culture until the culture is addressed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having money is the only class that is allowed in politics

Jul 3, 2014, 2:22 PM

how would taking money's influence out of politics make it hard on challengers? Or I should say, how would it make it harder on challengers? When the incumbency rate is in the 90+% range because of money and laziness of the electorate I don't see how removing one of the supports could lead to a higher rate of incumbency. Right now there are a few monied voices controlling all of politics, limiting the money should open the door for more voices and ideas to be allowed in politics.

(I also am a proponent of term limits for Congress as too many care more about staying in power than actually doing anything. Removing this option should lead to people going into politics for the right reasons. But I'm open to a different viewpoint...)

Agree with your 2nd paragraph. The political culture is more oriented toward sports than problem solving. Both sides pull for their side to "destroy" the other. In their minds, one side wins and the other loses. "Compromising" is a dirty word in politics right now and things will remain broken until that thinking changes.

Re: By that logic though, every president looks pretty bad

Jul 2, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to By that logic though, every president looks pretty bad ]

That was one of the things I loved about Reagan... He came in after Carter, got Americans proud again.... We weren't very patriotic for many years... coming out of Nam, then the Carter years... we weren't to proud or prosperous.

Reagan worked with Tip O'Neil and the democrats and through it all were became proud Americans again...

I agree its broken too... Imo, that's one of the big things I'll remember about obama, is how he absolutely hated anyone that disagreed with him. You can't have a democratic leader that"hates" other Americans. Unless they are trying to overthrow the govt.

Just too much division in our country! Worse than anytime since the 60's! We need to be united period. That's what we need from our next leader. If they can't reunite us, well divide among ourselves and eventually collapse.

We gotta work together bro!

I don't know that he hated people who disagreed...

Jul 3, 2014, 11:49 AM

I think he genuinely believes that there are people of good will who disagree with him, but I think he also believes that "people of good will" are the people who can be persuaded over to his side. He's an urban sophisticate who thinks that if a problem can't be talked into submission, then the problem must be either cynical or retrograde. That's why, in 2008, he said what he said about "bitter people who cling to God and guns." What he really meant was "people who aren't urban sophisticates," or "people whose cultural differences make them dismissable." And I think that's basically the way he views Republicans who aren't willing to make compromises to move his agenda forward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2014, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Will be interesting to see the polling after 2016 ]

if we don`t get that #%&@$@^#$ muslim stopped there might not be a USA in 2016

Yep. Can't determine a legacy during a tenure***

Jul 3, 2014, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Will be interesting to see the polling after 2016 ]

Jul 3, 2014, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Will be interesting to see the polling after 2016 ]

So, polls on current POTUS are meaningless because people are experiencing the current policies and have a good memory of the past 6 years. But, long after the policies have ran their course, maybe even reversed, and people's memories have faded, along with the policies and history has been rewritten, the polls are then sooooooper dooooooper?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2014, 10:15 PM

NO!! no one else is even close!! he makes awful carter look good

Jul 3, 2014, 2:35 AM

is it even humanly possible to be worse than bbbbut Bush?, the guy set the bar impossibly low.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why yes yes it is

Jul 3, 2014, 7:51 AM

i have faith

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is Obama so bad, again?

Jul 3, 2014, 10:15 AM

Remind me. Is it because he's a Democrat? Or is it because he's black? Or is it a little bit of both?

"Don't like Obama? Must be because you hate black people."***

Jul 3, 2014, 10:23 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

liberals can only win arguments by calling people racists

Jul 3, 2014, 10:45 AM

bigots or some other form of name. They very rarely like to argue idea's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he may be the first black president

Jul 3, 2014, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Why is Obama so bad, again? ]

but he's also the 44th white president

OK

Jul 3, 2014, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Why is Obama so bad, again? ]

Has increased debt by almost 9 trillion now.
Still high unemployment 6 yrs in. Higher than Bush for 6 yrs running.
He just created this illegal mess we are in.
Instituted Barrycare which has forced million of their insurance and people have lost their doctors as well. MORE TO COME THIS YR as well.
Has increased spying on the US 1000000 fold.
Lost our AAA rating.
Bailout, bailouts and more bailouts
Added 20 million on food stamps now
Wasted billions on green energy companies that still went bankrupt.
Has been overturned 12 times by SC for breaking the law.

I wont even get into his corruption that cant be proven YET but everyone knows its coming from his Admin.
IRS attacking his opponents
Benghazi
Raided Gibson Guitars.
Iraq mess now.
Egypt is a cluster now.

I could go on and on but it hurts my head to even think of all the cluster he's done.

But the Stock Market is good so there's that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK

Jul 3, 2014, 10:48 AM

You know that nearly everything you listed is either:

a) Wrong

or

b)Thanks to the House

Right?

c) because he hates black people.***

Jul 3, 2014, 10:52 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which parts were wrong?***

Jul 3, 2014, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: OK ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's great about these chain email type posts...

Jul 3, 2014, 3:49 PM

is how much work it takes to go through and dispel all the nonsense found within. And if you don't, people will think it's because the things said are true.

Let's go one by one:

Has increased debt by almost 9 trillion now. http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2012/sep/12/reid-ribble/president-obama-built-nations-16-trillion-debt-gop/

Still high unemployment 6 yrs in. Higher than Bush for 6 yrs running.
A: Nevermind the debatable impact a President can have on the unemployment rate.

Here's some charts:
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Who gets credit for the giant leap around late 08-early 09? And who gets credit for the declining trend?

and just for fun: Clinton v Bush

My argument here is that the control of the job growth and unemployment rate is more dependent on multiple factors and not just who the president is.

He just created this illegal mess we are in.
A: What? What does this even mean? Is xtiger seriously arguing that illegal immigration is all on Obama? Xtiger needs to explain this one in more detail because it makes his argument look childish and ignorant.

Instituted Barrycare which has forced million of(f) their insurance and people have lost their doctors as well. MORE TO COME THIS YR as well.
A: More accurately, that obamacare forced them into a better plan that probably costs more. Losing doctors was and is a problem, but again the ones this mostly affected had the "worst" of plans and probably never used their doctor. The system was a compromise and a good step forward from the chaos we had previously But, it does have problems. The problem with the plans comes from those that wrote it (note: the market's input has to carry some blame), this isn't just on Obama. (His fault would come from saying "if you like your plan you can keep it" Not true.

Has increased spying on the US 1000000 fold.
A: 1,000,000 fold? That seems high. I'm gonna say that's high. Maybe xtiger can show his work on this. But the argument here is that Obama has continued the practices and expanded the practices of Government spying. I agree with this. Not very liberal thing for him to do.

Lost our AAA rating
A: Stronger argument is Congress lost this rating and the government shut-down caused by lack of compromising lost this rating. Blaming this on Obama is ridiculous.

Bailout, bailouts and more bailouts
A: Bush and Obama both take credit/blame for this. And the fact that there hasn't been arrests of financial persons that caused the recession is still a huge problem for many of us. Obama gets blame here. He's been as pro big money as bush or the republicans (Yet they see him as against business)

Added 20 million on food stamps now
A: Best I can find it's about 15-16 million added under Obama vs 14-15 added under dubya. Still, it's a concern.

From factcheck: The nearly 15.8 million people who have been added under Obama now exceed the 14.7 million who were added under Bush. And the total has remained historically high even as the economy has improved, and as the unemployment rate has declined substantially. As of June, just over 15 percent of the entire U.S. population remained on food stamps. (note: this was from oct. of 2013 and the newest food stamp numbers have lowered (as has the trend line)) http://frac.org/reports-and-resources/snapfood-stamp-monthly-participation-data/

Wasted billions on green energy companies that still went bankrupt.
A: "wasted?" Not sure about that. But from CNN:
During the first presidential debate, Mitt Romney said "about half" of the companies funded by Obama's administration went bankrupt. That is true -- for just the first two years of the program that supported Solyndra, which the campaign later clarified. (See correction below).

But a spokesman for the Energy Department said that agency has dozens of programs that funded over 1,300 companies in the renewable energy space, and that less than 1% have gone bankrupt -- also true.

So just how many federally-funded energy companies have failed?

A total of five have gone bankrupt, according to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. All of the failed companies that the Committee identified came from just two programs that received significant dollar amounts from the Department of Energy. Those two programs funded 63 firms. The other 58 are still in business. That's a failure rate of about 8%.

Fun Fact: Romney's Bain Capital invested in 77 businesses and 22% went bankrupt or closed. Bain lost money all money in 8% of those investments. (http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052970204331304577140850713493694)

Has been overturned 12 times by SC for breaking the law
A: Talking point here is 13 and it's false. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/jun/29/bob-goodlatte/gop-leader-supreme-court-has-ruled-13-times-obama-/

The 2nd list xtiger basically admits there is no proof of Obama's involvement but he still blames Obama. A good look in to the psyche of a biased individual. I hope I cleared up some of Xtiger's talking points. Don't let this mean that there isn't some fault with Obama. There is, and lots (same goes for pluses). But my argument is simply that his biggest fault is that he hasn't been the gamechanger he marketed himself to be. I think the left now see this, but the right still thinks him a radical who is fundamentally changing America. History will judge that to be a ridiculous charge.

Get out of here with facts...

Jul 5, 2014, 10:13 AM

Just joking, thanks for posting, that was a great read.

Very nice work.***

Jul 10, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to What's great about these chain email type posts... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Unemployment was higher when Bush left office.

Jul 7, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Which parts were wrong?*** ]

I only fact-checked the first one I saw. Can someone else check the rest?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Unemployment was higher when Bush left office.

Jul 7, 2014, 8:46 PM

I dont think the outcome of the trial depends on this.

The fact that the NSA and CIA are absolutely out of control

Jul 7, 2014, 9:18 PM

and overreaching in all areas will be one of Obama's biggest problems here soon. Both report back to the Executive branch and both have been spying on Dems and Pubs alike. Holder is going to be the end of Obama's legacy.

Re: Unemployment was higher when Bush left office.

Jul 7, 2014, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Unemployment was higher when Bush left office. ]

When Bush left office, there was Emergency Unemployment being paid out for over a year to people that qualified. The unemployment figures are gathered by State Employment offices. When the EUC was not renewed in December, over 2 million dropped out of the State office's data because there was no reason for those people that lost benefits to report to the state agengencies. As of now over 3 million have dropped out of the data but are still without jobs. That is why it looks like the unemployment rate has gone down, when there are more unemployed now than before but their data is not in the system.

December of what year? 2009?

Jul 8, 2014, 11:15 AM

If you're right, and there are three million people who "should" be counted for unemployment, two million of whom all dropped out in December of some year, then there should be a pretty clear indicator of that in the unemployment figures. It should not be a gradual decrease in the rate, month after month, year after year.

- Jonathan Swift

Re: December of what year? 2009?

Jul 10, 2014, 6:57 AM

2013 is when the extension expired. There were almost 2.5 million that were not counted in the numbers after Jan 1. 2014. When other people's state unemployment ran out after 20-26 weeks, the number went to just over 3 million. By the end of July the number is expected to be 4 million. That would mean that the number dropped each month because the 4 million did not count at State offices and it makes it look like unemployment has dropped, when actually it should be the number of people drawing unemployment plus the 4 million that have not found jobs and were told to stop reporting to the offices.

Jul 10, 2014, 10:23 AM

OK, but weren't we working under an unemployment benefits program that actually went further than the program before the crisis? In other words, weren't people dropping off of unemployment rolls more quickly before benefits were extended to a year?

Now that benefits are back to how they used to be, you'd think unemployment numbers would drop sharply, as you are suggesting. However, here's a chart of the rate, by month. It seems like a gradual decrease, rather than a sharp drop after December.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

- Jonathan Swift

Jul 10, 2014, 7:22 PM

What I am trying to say is that the unemployment figures are incorrect due to the number of people that are no longer reporting to state employment offices. People that are still eligible for EUC if it passes again are not showing on the charts due to the fact that they are not counted in the numbers. During Bush's time the numbers were higher because the EUC was in effect and those millions of people that were still unemployed were counted. Since January of this year, the 2 million that is up to 4 million now do not show up in the unemployment rate. That is why it looks like Obama is doing better when in fact he is not

Jul 10, 2014, 7:43 PM

Right, I get you, but the chart I linked you to shows unemployment down even before January of this year. So the elimination of the EUC doesn't seem to be responsible for much of the decline in the unemployment rate.

I apologize if I'm just not getting it, but it seems like you're saying that the unemployment rate should have changed dramatically starting in January 2014, but actually it's been a very gradual improvement in the unemployment numbers since 2009. Take a look at the chart and see what you think.

- Jonathan Swift

you're talking about the labor utilization rate and it is...

Jul 10, 2014, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: December of what year? 2009? ]

Measured each month by the BOL and published in the monthly labor report.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that's been fairly steadily getting worse, isn't it?

Jul 10, 2014, 10:22 PM

I just googled around for it without success.

- Jonathan Swift

Not getting worse per se, but it is high...

Jul 11, 2014, 9:22 AM

try here:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

U-6 is the measure normally referenced by those providing perspective to the unemployment rate. That is basically the unemployment rate plus those that have dropped out of workforce, but would like to be working, plus those working part-time but want to be working full-time.

Oh okay. Thanks.***

Jul 11, 2014, 4:20 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Don't like his white half either***

Jul 3, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Why is Obama so bad, again? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

nowhere does i say obama

Jul 3, 2014, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Why is Obama so bad, again? ]

i said it is possible to be worse than bush
we are talking about a big pool of applicants

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nowhere does i say obama

Jul 3, 2014, 5:08 PM

well, lying us into 2 wars, and torturing people would just be the start. You would still need to crash the economy again, trample on on the 4th amendment some more, and invade the wrong country after the country's worst terrorist attack in history happened on your watch.

But let's not forget about Nixon, the guy ran a burglary ring out of the oval office. In Bush's defense we can say he was at least incompetent to hold the office.

Re: Why is Obama so bad, again?

Jul 5, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Why is Obama so bad, again? ]

Barack Obama is so bad because of three traits, none of which have anything at all to do with party affiliation or skin pigmentation. Your ridicule – masquerading as questions – are proof positive of an inability to apply critical thinking to the holder of an office as critical as President of the United States.

Barack Obama is so bad because he is inflexible, a man so enamored of his ideology that he lacks the ability to measure himself on his results, only on his spoken intentions. Obamacare’s promise – if you like your health care, you can keep your health care – was a lie. The promise of our nation saving money due to its passage, also a lie. But today, Barack Obama will still defend this legislative pile of dog poo, and the stench wafts across the fruited plain. This is reason Number 1 why Barack Obama is so bad: He lacks the ability to self-correct, or the humility to surround himself with self-correctors.

Next, Barack Obama is so bad because he rode into office stating that “We have to change the way Washington does politics,” then became the leader of the worst of Washington politics. He went out and declared that conservatives need to “sit in the back of the bus” and “not do too much talking.” He shows no interest in working with anyone, even those in his own party. He then ram-rodded his ill-conceived OBamacare bill thru on a straight party line vote, with no effort or desire to consider ideas and input from the other side. His method was “my way or the highway.” And this was a bill affecting 1/6 of the entire U.S. economy!

Then, to appease his environmental supporters, he refused to approve the Keystone pipeline, a decision that costs jobs, and a decision that forces energy prices higher. So now, in the wake of his health care and energy incompetence, he stands at podiums on a weekly basis and wages war against “escalating costs” to middle class families, as if he himself is a mere spectator looking on as bad things creep upon our nation. This is reason Number 2 why Barack Obama is so bad: We find ourselves with a president who must campaign against the consequences of his own policies! Think about that for a minute…

Need that 2nd reason with more clarity? Here it is: Barack Obama speaks as if he is the firefighter, when in reality he is the arsonist.

Thirdly, Barack Obama is so bad because his conduct – the chin in the air, the dictatorial efforts to do end-runs around Congress, and the constant flinging of blame instead of accepting responsibility – demonstrates that he actually believed his complicit media when they pronounced him as some kind of messiah figure. There is only one Messiah (Jesus Christ), and he took personal pain in order to socialize gain. Barack Obama left American personnel to die on a rooftop in Benghazi, this less than eight weeks from the 2012 elections, and this after telling the nation that terrorism was largely snuffed out. This is reason Number 3 why Barack Obama is so bad: He socializes pain in order to personalize gain.

The policies for which Barack Obama stands are a proven failure on a city level, a state level, and now, unfortunately, on a national level. He is in over his head, he is haughty to the point of arrogance, and he has done nothing that any American should rightfully “want more of.” This trifecta of failure has nothing to do with his skin pigmentation but everything to do with his remaining wedded to an ideology – take increasingly from the producer class in order to buy the votes of the dependent class – that has failed time and again over the course of human history.

Even now, this man refuses to defend the country’s southern border from swarms of illegal aliens. Deep down, he knows that his ideas are failures, and that if he cannot win the support of those who are already citizens, he is all for flooding our country with more dependents. It is as if he is shouting, “To heck with the nation, I must maintain power at any cost.” THIS is the leader of America?

Barack Obama is an old idea, repackaged into a pinstriped suit of pride and self-delusion. And now the country suffers from having allowed this parasitic creature, and fellow parasites like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Rahm Emmanuel, to burrow into the heart of our political system and rot it from the inside out.

(Though I wrote the large majority of this reply just now off the top of my head, for the sake of transparency I’m telling the board that I did rephrase the last line after not being able to find online the originator of the “rot” sentence. But kudos to you, sir, whoever you are.)

Carter, Wilson, Hoover, Buchanan

Jul 3, 2014, 10:46 AM

All at least as bad as Obama.

Don't forget Van Buren...

Jul 5, 2014, 10:17 AM

aka "Martin Van Ruin".

Wilson is Al Gore's favorite President.***

Jul 7, 2014, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Carter, Wilson, Hoover, Buchanan ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Argument over

Jul 4, 2014, 11:20 PM

Tigers have not beaten Gamecocks on the football field since Obama took office...WORST PRESIDENT EVER

I blame Congress more so than Obama

Jul 5, 2014, 10:04 AM

Those ungrateful, do-nothing, sack's of chit can all go to heck. Both sides of the aisle, Pubs and Dems, they are terrible people and all need to be fired.

Jul 7, 2014, 3:44 PM

Is anyone even close?

Yes. According to the polls, Dubya was close.

But it's a stupid poll. You'll find that a large number of people ALWAYS believe that one or another of the recent presidents (most often the current one) is the WORST EVAR!!!

That's people for ya.

- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic