Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK CLEMSON FANS (SORRY SCALPERS)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,493

OK CLEMSON FANS (SORRY SCALPERS)

Aug 27, 2013, 2:56 PM

If you are posting your tickets for sale and not identifying what your price is!

Dont end the AD with low ball offers will be DELETED/IGNORED. Tell people what your looking for, Please dont waste everyones time.. If you truely wanted to sell your seats to a tiger fan you would sell them at your cost.

If this is a Business for you then sell to anyone.

STOP WASTING PEOPLES TIME

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK CLEMSON FANS (SORRY SCALPERS)

Aug 27, 2013, 2:57 PM

Oh boy here we go

(Dont bashing your post... I just know the debate that is about to start in this thread)

Aug 27, 2013, 2:58 PM

(Not* bashing your post)

You could really use an English class

Aug 27, 2013, 3:01 PM

or ten.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^Selling 2 Lower Deck $25/ Work 2nd Call after 12pm^^^^***

Aug 27, 2013, 3:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^Selling 2 Lower Deck $25/ Work 2nd Call after 12pm^^^^***

Aug 27, 2013, 3:22 PM

I have an idea that I think will work. ok, if you have tickets and want to sell them, sell them to WHOEVER you want to at what ever price you want to. if you don't have a ticket and want one, pay what someone is asking or keep trying. if you cant afford or don't want to pay a steep price, find a place to watch the game on tv and quit complaining about a ticket that SOMONE ELSE HAS!! in other words worry about yourself and not others. no I don't have any tickets to sell, yes I will be there , and no I am not a coot, and yes I am a tiger fan and graduate.

You do realize "cost" would include the seat equity fee?***

Aug 27, 2013, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

and mental anguish from not being able to attend. That

Aug 27, 2013, 3:07 PM

would be upwards of $1000 per ticket and at least $500 for the parking pass.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

partially right. it's not wrong to make a little cash, but

Aug 27, 2013, 3:09 PM

if you are wanting to do the "double your money" kind of bizness, just say what you want. there has to be a little give and take, or you are no better than the guy on the street. nothing wrong with making a profit, just don't try to disguise it as a clemson fan selling his/her tickets because someone/something came up, but really wants to get his season tickets,parking pass, and iptay membership all paid for in 1 game. just become an entrepreneur, and go against stub hub or something.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: partially right. it's not wrong to make a little cash, but

Aug 27, 2013, 3:48 PM

I agree Business is business, but it leaves a sour taste when you say TIGER FANS ONLY oh and YOU HAVE TO PAY $350 for a $70 ticket.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

Aug 27, 2013, 3:58 PM

You can't pretentiously take advantage of a buyers market and get tickets for $10.00 (or less) to some games and then lament about a sellers market when the price is significantly higher than face value.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

^^^THIS^^^

Aug 27, 2013, 5:12 PM

please look at ticket prices to games besides UGA and FSU. People need to quit their complaining like they don't understand the process.

Here's a novel idea...if you wanted tickets, season tickets and package tickets were readily available for quite some time. Even without IPTAY dues. And if you mad you can't come to this game for face, you're mad at yourself and no one else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2013, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: partially right. it's not wrong to make a little cash, but ]

You do realize what they had to pay to have the rights to buy the $70 tickets dont you?

Aug 27, 2013, 8:52 PM

you can buy SEASON Tickets for 300$

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2013, 4:23 PM

Tickets are the property of the owners of the ticket. They may do with them whatever they please.

(disclaimer. I have no tickets to any game this year because I cannot afford them. I desperately want to take my 3 year old to the Clem/FSU game but cannot afford it as of yet as another little tiger is on the way.... all that said, I still support a ticket holders right to sell his possession for what it is worth on the open market even if it means Clemson's success prices me out of being able to go to meaningful games)

Go Tigers.

Food Lion has a sale on Cokes, Buy 2 get one free...

Aug 27, 2013, 5:06 PM

If I got three at that deal and decided to sell the 3rd one, what would be the fair price? Free? 1/3 of the total cost? The cost of a single Coke?

I was only able to get the "Free" coke by buying two at regular price. Folks are only able to buy good football tickets by paying a HUGE seating equity fee AND buying all 7 home games (season tickets).

Don't be fooled, the price that is printed on the face of the ticket is simply the basis for computing the SC Admissions tax.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Food Lion has a sale on Cokes, Buy 2 get one free...

Aug 27, 2013, 5:41 PM

I completely agree, and I also think that people should be able to sell above cost.

That said, I will relate my own personal story regarding a fortuitous ticket purchase I made for well below cost and market value. For the 1999 Bowden Bowl I was 17 years old and in my senior year of high school in Clemson. I didn't have a ticket but decided to try my luck walking around looking for a ticket on game day. I figured I might have a chance since I only wanted a single ticket, which tend to be harder to sell.

After hearing the usual scalpers tell me it would be $100 a ticket for tickets in the corners of the upper decks, I was ready to give up when a woman saw me holding up my one finger and came over and told me that her parents had one ticket left and would give me a fair price. She gave me directions to their tailgate in Lot 2 and I ran over. I met a nice older couple who then proceeded to sell me a ticket in the north stands, lower deck near the tunnel on the 40 yard line for only face value. They even threw in some free food from their tailgate! What followed was probably the best game experience I ever had, despite the disappointing result.

I know that ticket was the result of years of IPTAY contributions and was easily the hottest ticket of the year, and they could have commanded a much higher price. But I'm grateful that they were nice enough to cut a young fan a break.

Re: Food Lion has a sale on Cokes, Buy 2 get one free...

Aug 27, 2013, 8:52 PM

This has been my experience a lot of times at clemson and carolina. I used to go to our rivalry game every year with a clemson fan so no matter where the game was one of us had on the opposing fans gear. We would still always find tickets. Two best ways to go about it. Get fans parking away from stadium right when they get out of cars so they have not walked by scalpers yet. Best way though is go to high dollar iptay parking and walk every row with your fingers up as long ad you have to. A lot of the big money guys don't care to make a profit and they know they can sell the ticket. So they chill at their tailgate until they enter stadium. A lot of them won't deal with scalpers but if you are obviously a fan wanting tickets they will sell at tailgate.

Its going to be a tough ticket to get but, credit where its due, clemson has a lot of great fans who will help someone get in the game.

Which Food Lion. I need to stock up on Coke!***

Aug 27, 2013, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Food Lion has a sale on Cokes, Buy 2 get one free... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2013, 8:38 PM

I doubt this place is being policed by real police but the first rule if scalping a big game ticket is to let the buyer name their price first.

Aug 27, 2013, 8:58 PM

Understand that "At Cost" isn't the price on the ticket.

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,493
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic