Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk's decision is private.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,600

Nuk's decision is private.

Sep 5, 2012, 8:38 AM

First and foremost, I am not a member nor have I ever attended Newspring church. My preference of church is a more traditional Baptist setting. I have listened to many of Newspring's podcasts over the years and I enjoyed them. In my opinion he is a Godly man and I have no problem with his approach or those who choose to attend his church.

Nuk's decision to have this take place at practice, closed to the public and the media was his decision. My question is why did Coach Scott decide to post this on Twitter? Did he ask Nuk's permission to do so? It's one thing to snap a few pics and email them to family and friends but it's totally different to post to Twitter.

I am very proud of the decision Nuk Hopkins made and that I can now consider him my Christian brother. He is no different than the rest of us. We all sin and we will continue to sin but we have already been promised an eternal life by giving our sins over to Christ. God bless him and the rest of the players, coaches, fans who have chosen to give their life to Christ.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they why post on it and question aspects of it?***

Sep 5, 2012, 8:48 AM

can't let the haters drive the situation

Sep 5, 2012, 9:10 AM

let the haters be haters and let the celebraters be celebraters...if it's a problem for anyone then deal with it but just stop whining about it...some of ya'll talking junk sound like you need to be smacked. No one cares if you find it questionable...bravo to coach scott, nuk, and whoever else was involved and if you don't like it, learn to love it, cause it's the best thing going today.....wwwwwooooooooooo!!!!!

"sound like you need to be smacked." The Christian Way?***

Sep 5, 2012, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get your point, but

Sep 5, 2012, 9:12 AM

Believer's baptism (as opposed to infant baptism) is a public profession of faith. It's one person getting him or herself out there and saying "This is what I believe and who I now am." Hopefully this video will be nothing compared to how he chooses to live his life publicly and privately.

I have no idea if Coach Scott asked permission, but I would hope so. But either way, Nuk has nothing to be ashamed of. Now his public profession is just a little more public, but given the role he plays with this team, and will play on future NFL teams, living his life in the public eye is and will be nothing new. God bless him - privately and publicly - with this commitment!

Re: Nuk's decision is private.

Sep 5, 2012, 9:15 AM

SPORTS BOARD! Can we please find some place to put this MODS??? I don't know, maybe the amphitheater were this belongs! Or, can you start deleting every post and banning people for a day or two for not posting things in the correct form. I come on here to read about how my Tigers are doing on the field. Not to read about people bashing some rev. they don't like. (I did not read this post but I'm sick of seeing this junk and don't want it clogging up the board again today.)

You just added to it ! Should the Daniel Rod story go to

Sep 5, 2012, 9:31 AM

the military board ?

What he did for the 4 years before has NO bearing on him as a football player for Clemson. NONE.

See how silly that sounds ?

We want to know about our team - our family members - and what they do matters - to us.

Why does everyone get all wadded up over the fact that it has to do with religion ?

Makes no sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Baptism is a public decision

Sep 5, 2012, 9:25 AM

and action.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,600
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic