Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that we all have had a full day to analyze
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,732

Now that we all have had a full day to analyze

Apr 9, 2017, 1:39 PM

The spring game , just where the hail do we stand for next year ? Three losses ? Four ? Two ? I like where we stand for the long term but training a brand new qb cant be all good. DW4 spoiled us all on that

Message was edited by: Lennon-McCartney®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The new QB will have all the skill players and OL at

Apr 9, 2017, 1:42 PM

his disposal, as well as the best defense in America to keep the scoring for the other team quite low. If we can put up 24 points a game which is doable with a brand new QB we will win 10-12 games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tell you where we stand for next year....

Apr 9, 2017, 1:42 PM

You see any of that defense yesterday? Now imagine putting that defense on the same team, and putting them on the field.

Nastiest defense in CFB in 2017, and it won't be close.

As far as the offense goes. I'll say this, Alabama went back to a NCG with a freshman QB. With our defense, if we can find a QB that's not going to lose games for us, we could go back as well.

I know people may think I'm pumping the defense hard, but I really don't believe many people truly understand how good this defense is going to be. All 11 of them. Not just the line, or the back end, but all 3 levels. Could be the best defense ever to play at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The defense is going to be nasty good...

Apr 9, 2017, 1:46 PM

and will be the strength of the 2017 Clemson team.

Offensively, we don't necessarily need another DW4 who can go out, put the team on his back, and win games for us. We just need the QB to manage the offense and not make the kinds of mistakes that costs us games. We absolutely have that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Now less be fair here

Apr 9, 2017, 1:55 PM

The orange team had two all American lineman on it and the left tackle for the white dream got destroyed all day long. Give Cooper and Johnson a shot with not getting murdered and an actual center that can snap the ball right. Plus, after seeing Shaq Smith and company at LB I have no question hands down the best defense in the nation. In a spring game you have no continuity on the oline plus I think actually running the offense Isreal did well but I tell you this given a chance with actually OLine both Cooper and Johnson have it! Kelly Bryant in my eyes is clearly just a running threat and couldn't throw a 300+ yard game unless it's pop passed to McCloud or screens to Feaster at qb he just isn't an NFL talent he might be at WR/RB/TE in spread formations.

Re: Now less be fair here

Apr 9, 2017, 1:56 PM

let's be fair now...urg so tired of this stupid phone making me look stupid. Sorry for the typos folks.

I thought you were being clever and I liked it haha***

Apr 9, 2017, 7:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many games did DW win for us last year?

Apr 9, 2017, 2:05 PM

Because make no mistake, he was special, and I'm not confident we will have a QB that can carry us and will us to victory the way Deshaun did. Still, I think we have 4 good QBs that we can win with. but I can see us dropping a couple this year, quite honestly. We are so talented and so deep across the board, if one of the QBs really steps up, we could win them all, but I think that's asking a lot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: How many games did DW win for us last year?

Apr 9, 2017, 5:27 PM

Now there is a voice of reason. That does make since but I think many are DW4 had to win us games because we went into a lull as a team as a whole for 2 quarters a game for awhile there. Luck one is the NC State game. We played terrible. Louisville we lulled too 2 and 3rd tay with that kick return put us in a position to win a good play call and DW4 great read and pass to Legget back across the field. My point is many things as far as the team made all that possible including Marcus Edmonds in big games mentioned above. I think our defense was finding itself early in the year and our offense was just out of wack till after the midway point of the season. So all I'm saying is give those boys a chance see what happens. From my perspective you have to score on Clemson to beat them which should give us a chance in every game. No doubt DW4 carried he team in the 4th against FSU/ACCCG/CFPNCG that's obvious. I have to say though all these 5 star qb surely we can get one to manage the game and make the right reads and passes. I think we would see that with the team unified more so than an Oline that doesn't quiet have the talent of depth of the Clemson Dline which is just ridiculously nasty. Many star qbs have look bad against those guys lol! Plus they know the plays just want us to give them a chance and with reps and continuity on the online running game threat and roll the dice with that D and see what happens we might win it again! I no that sounds crazy but literally with the talent ability there's a chance a good one!

Re: How many games did DW win for us last year?

Apr 9, 2017, 5:28 PM

Seriously hate this new iPhone 7 with the typos and predictive text is bad

I have already called it

Apr 9, 2017, 6:43 PM

we play Bama again in first round of playoff. Buckeyes vs either SoCal or UW in the other.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,732
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic