Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not too early to get ready for some noise in DV come Nov 24
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 748

Not too early to get ready for some noise in DV come Nov 24

Oct 9, 2012, 11:39 PM

because Coach Stevie's not sure if there's another Death Valley outside of LSU. In fact, the facts say Clemson had the first DV.

Clemson people & the Clemson Football Team have got to get up sky high for this huge game and what it means to what we want for our program.

And, don't even think of sitting down during the 4 quarters while you yell!!!!

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not too early to get ready for some noise in DV come Nov 24

Oct 10, 2012, 12:00 AM

We could also say we were USC before California was a state, but Dabo, and presumably your fanbase, would disagree.

Now if you'd like to argue the merits of your program against LSU's - be my guest. I'm sure that's exactly what you would begin to do if Spurrier stood up today and said we're the real USC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"HoldenOversoul5"...not needing to compare Clemson to LSU...

Oct 10, 2012, 12:22 AM

since that wasn't my objective...since both are fine universities with respected if not historic football programs (for CU it would be having John Heisman as coach, beating many higher rated & major football teams in bowls, having been in more Gator Bowls than all other teams, being in the first Bluebonnet Bowl, taking out Woody Hayes, Barry Sanders & Lou Holtz in their last games, being the ACC's most winning team for conference championships, being the only undefeated team in 1981 & winning NC, etc).

But, my post was to the simple fact and subject that Clemson's stadium is considered the first one named or called "Death Valley" when mentioning Clemson & LSU..a fact that can be found from various online sources.

And yes, your USC might be or is older than the state of California...and yes, Coach Stevie would be right IF he stood up today and said we're the real USC..and I would second the motion.

Congrats on having another very fine & talented Gamecock Football squad..and hoping they'll be #1 and undefeated when they arrive at "Death Valley SC" (as Dabo likes to yell) so to defeat them in their full glory, and reclaim our #1 place since 1896 in football for the State Of South Carolina!

Good day..and GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 748
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic