Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OU fans discussing Watson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

OU fans discussing Watson

Dec 7, 2015, 2:28 PM

http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?99172-Deshaun-Watson

OU fans sure are pretty cocky!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OU fans discussing Watson

Dec 7, 2015, 2:34 PM

Towards the bottom of the page, the less cootlike/more realistic folks were weighing in. They are a little less cocky.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 2:55 PM

Some responses are just plain idiotic though.

"Has Clemson faced a talented, dual threat QB? "
Deshone Kiser of ND...has the #15 QBR in the nation
Marquise Williams of UNC ring a bell??..has the #21 QBR in the nation.
Jacoby Brissett of NC State...has the #35 QBR in the nation.

"Has Clemson played against a good defense this year?"

#1 Total Defense Boston College....beat 34-17
#12 Total Defense App State....beat 41-10
#13 Total Defense Louisville....beat 20-17
#15 Total Defense Florida State....beat 23-13
#19 Total Defense NC State....beat 56-41

"Have you watched any ACC games lately? Yeah, nobody else has either."

Interesting...since the ACC and the Big 10 have the most teams in the top 10 of any conferences @ 3 each...ACC's #1 Clemson, #9 Fl State, #10 UNC (can't count ND in football)

"Didnt notre dame keep him in check?"
If you call 2 immediate passing TD's and going into the 4th qtr down 21-3 while playing in a one-in-a thousand-year hurricane monsoon "keeping him in check", then ok...play calling to avoid turnovers kept him in check more than ND itself did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans discussing Watson ]

oh, here's another one:
"Clemson/UNC was really the first Clemson game I watched all year but yeah Watson is special. He's not going to make the Baker Mayfield highlight plays, because he (or his o-line) never puts him(self) in a position where he has to make them. It's easy for him to go for 500 total yards with no Manziel esque plays just because he's so smooth and smart with the football "

I think he needs to just sit a bit and watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCXi7bk_frM

I think he was actually being complimentary...

Dec 7, 2015, 3:54 PM

in a backhanded kind of way. :)

Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comment #58 oozes stupidity

Dec 7, 2015, 2:37 PM

Clemson is a far better school than Oklahoma: http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?99172-Deshaun-Watson&p=2604110&viewfull=1#post2604110

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

like we don't have some arrogant and

Dec 7, 2015, 2:47 PM

Misinformed fans too. Comes with any fanbase. Any real college football fan that has actually watched DW4 know he is legit

I have the forgot.

Dec 7, 2015, 2:38 PM

How did their defense match up with Cole Stoudt?

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Dec 7, 2015, 2:49 PM

They are in for a rude awakening. This is fun to watch. I don't know if it's because we have a two-headed offensive coordinator or not. However, if our running game is not working, we can pass. If our passing game is not working, we run DW. Once DW gets going, it opens back up Gallman which then opens up our passing. Good luck to OU trying to stop us. Our offense has multiple personalities, and in this case, IT'S GOOD! We will be able to stop them several times. They will not be able to stop us. Only we can stop ourselves, which I hope we do not. I think DW goes ape**** on them, Gallman has a good day, and our receivers nickel and dime their way down field. And with a healthy defense, I don't think they have a shot. This is why I don't understand the butthurtedness of people over playing OU. I think we got our best draw and win easily. They may come back and lose by a TD, but it will take them coming back to come up short. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the most part, they seem pretty rational

Dec 7, 2015, 2:52 PM

And most of the irrational posts seem on par with the irrational folks every team message board has.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...

Dec 7, 2015, 3:56 PM

seemed like 80% level headed thoughts. Most don't seem to be overlooking the Tigers.

Go Tigers!

Cocky?

Dec 7, 2015, 2:54 PM

Most, if not all of them are very complimentary. Many of them are scared to death of this match up

I think it will be a great game, Mayfield will give us fits. OU will win if we have a half like we had against UNC

Which half? The one where we repeatedly shot ourselves in

Dec 7, 2015, 2:58 PM

the foot with stupid penalties and whatever Teasdall did, or the one where the defense decided to quit playing?

With a few exceptions (mostly on offense) it was a sloppy performance by the entire team, and the fact that we still managed to win by 8 just shows how talented Watson and the rest of this Tiger team is and how good they could be if they put a full game together.

Not sure what posts you are reading.....they seem downright

Dec 7, 2015, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Cocky? ]

obnoxious! Look at this thread.....http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?99155-Clemson-Message-boards

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WR down field blocking is non existant?

Dec 7, 2015, 2:58 PM

#peakelivesmatter

Dec 7, 2015, 3:08 PM

Read what this moron said about Watson. Its hilarious.

Watson will be a problem, he is NOT the biggest threat on their offense, Gallman is, he has Joe Mixon moves and runs a 4.34-40...in shorts and shoulder pads and runs with the tenacity of Perine, it will take very sure tackling in most cases two defenders to bring him down. The Clemson WRs are long and sure handed, albeit their route running leaves something to be desired and their down-field blocking is for the most part non-existant, if Watson gets hot (and that's "iffy") they could be trouble. I just don't think that Clemson has faced a defense the caliber of OU yet, certainly not one with the speed of OU or the quality of DBs that OU has. Watson leans to the side of Boykin when he is pressured, his completion percentage drops way off, he is definitely a "run-first" QB.

"he is definitely a "run-first" QB"

Dec 7, 2015, 3:11 PM

News to me. Going to be some surprised OK fans!

Dec 7, 2015, 4:13 PM

One of the OU posters on that board called Watson a "gang banger." Unbelievable.

That seemed pretty tame

Dec 7, 2015, 7:27 PM

They are usually realistic bunch. They are going to be confident, as a top 4 fan base should be. There will d!cks on any board

That seemed pretty tame

Dec 7, 2015, 7:27 PM

They are usually realistic bunch. They are going to be confident, as a top 4 fan base should be. There will d!cks on any board

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic