Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cuomo is placing quarantines on people from state with...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 681

Cuomo is placing quarantines on people from state with...

Jun 24, 2020, 11:03 PM

high numbers of positive covid results. 14 da quarantine if anyone visits one of those states and the same for visitors from those states. That's now.

This is how he reacted when Trump suggested a quarantine of NY when people fled NY to escape the virus and spread it all down the east coast and across the nation.

"Gov. Andrew Cuomo compared the president’s suggestion that he was considering a quarantine on the New York region to “a declaration of war on states.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html

"“If you start walling off areas all across the country you would just be totally bizarre, counterproductive, anti-American, anti-social,” Cuomo continued in an interview with CNN. He also criticized a decision by the state of Rhode Island at the time to stop all cars with New York license plates crossing the state border. “If they don’t roll back that policy, I’m going to sue Rhode Island, because that clearly is unconstitutional,” he said.

But under Cuomo’s new order, police in New York are now authorized to pull over vehicles with license plates from hotspot states and grill them on why they aren’t isolating.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cuomo is placing quarantines on people from state with...

Jun 24, 2020, 11:09 PM

Democrites......

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure you know Florida did the same thing to travelers

Jun 24, 2020, 11:36 PM

from New York back when New York was infested. And yes, if the federal government quarantined NY he would have been right. But Florida had every right to.... And did.

https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost forgot.... Florida went further

Jun 24, 2020, 11:38 PM

They stopped people at the state line and checked to see if they were from NY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cuomo has the same plan.***

Jun 25, 2020, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure you know Florida did the same thing to travelers

Jun 24, 2020, 11:46 PM [ in reply to I'm sure you know Florida did the same thing to travelers ]

The difference is that Desantis didn’t whine about it and blame everyone else weeks ago and then do it. He just did it.

There's a difference between a federal and state quarantine

Jun 25, 2020, 12:22 AM

One is a danger to the republic. The other among states is not. What Trump suggested every state should whine about.

Re: There's a difference between a federal and state quarantine

Jun 25, 2020, 12:29 AM

Rhode Island is fed?

“He also criticized a decision by the state of Rhode Island at the time to stop all cars with New York license plates crossing the state border. “If they don’t roll back that policy, I’m going to sue Rhode Island”

Haha, you never quit. Anything Trump does is wrong.***

Jun 25, 2020, 1:06 AM [ in reply to There's a difference between a federal and state quarantine ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And anything Trump doesn’t do is also wrong.***

Jun 25, 2020, 3:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You have to separate what Trump says versus what he does

Jun 25, 2020, 7:30 AM

The two don't necessarily match. I'm still with him probably 80% on what he actually has done. But I'm starting to think those around him are a prudent filter between his words and actions. He said he was going to use federal troops in the riots. That didn't happen. He said he wanted to quarantine New York. That didn't happen. But whether that's him trolling on Twitter or actually being reigned in by advisors is the question. Whatever the case there's two examples of things I'm happy he didn't do.

My biggest criticism lately is seeing him handle something he can't control. It's not pretty. That's where he's lost in the polls. Control freaks tend to ignore what they can't control rather than confronting it. A good leader confronts it and figures how to best deal with something bad instead of telling people what they want to hear.

I voted for Trump over Hillary. But Trump wasn't my pick in the GOP primary. And now between him and Biden we're actually having our first election where neither candidate is "fit" and the question then becomes which one will have better handlers. Biden can't string two sentences together. Trump cant keep his mouth or Twitter feed shut. The success of both will rest more than it should with who they surround themselves with. Such an ugh election coming up. I tend to think the handlers for Biden are more dangerous than those who surround Trump. They're both really too old.

And at 43yo I think my record is 100%. No one I have ever voted for in a GOP primary has won. Where there's actually been a choice anyway.

Orly?

Jun 25, 2020, 6:36 AM [ in reply to Haha, you never quit. Anything Trump does is wrong.*** ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Most-people-dont-Its-something-hes-doing-right-27412572

And now the EU had it's own travel ban restricting

Jun 25, 2020, 2:07 AM

Americans. Does it feel good to be part of the problem?

Not apples to apples. He interpreted Trump’s comments as him

Jun 25, 2020, 1:16 PM

saying he would essentially seal off New York (Trump’s comment was vague, he didn’t say he was considering specifically that- that’s how Cuomo interpreted it, and why he responded with that quote). Cuomo isn’t sealing off New York to people from those states. Just saying they need to quarantine for a time period if they come.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is California not on the banned list?

Jun 25, 2020, 1:22 PM

They have more cases per day any one else right now. Their rate per population might be lower, but total cases should be a metric.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 681
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic