Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You had one job to do. One. Job.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 363

You had one job to do. One. Job.

Apr 9, 2020, 8:31 AM

This didn't go over as planned. I mean just get in, pass a continuing resolution to keep our state government funded. Nothing new. Just get in, do the dirty work, quickly, and get out.

Worked in the House. Senate (FAIL).

Seriously? They just wanted to get some funding passed and go home. Part of that was pushing off the Santee Cooper debacle down the road a bit. But NOPE. Just asking them to sit tight and they filibustered the other important business of the state.

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article241852731.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought this was about the SBA loans.***

Apr 9, 2020, 8:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can C&P the OP in two weeks.***

Apr 9, 2020, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruh, the fired Navy guy was doing a bang-up job compared to

Apr 9, 2020, 8:51 AM

The guy in charge of this SBA stuff. He needs to be blindfolded and against the wall yesterday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facing toward the squad or looking toward the wall?***

Apr 9, 2020, 9:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they just wanted to push the Santee debate down the road

Apr 9, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to I thought this was about the SBA loans.*** ]

because they have this to deal with now. Part of pushing it down the road was asking Santee Cooper to hold tight for a year and not enter into any long term contracts, or add generating capacity, etc. Just stay put and we will handle this later.

But nope. See, they just don't want Santee doing something stupid, going into more debt, or contractual obligations that would complicate the negotiations for the sale past a year. Basically, we'll deal with it in a year. Until then, don't do anything stupid that screws up everything.

So out entire state government budget was withheld because a lowcountry utility company didn't want to be prevented from entering new long-term contracts for more than a year. Yep. That is why the state government is going to shut down (it won't, but may since this screwed up).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 363
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic