Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nick Saban/Texas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,578

Nick Saban/Texas

Nov 7, 2013, 9:40 AM

Yesterday on his show, Walt talked about Saban/Briles being the top 2 candidates to replace Mack at Texas. I missed a portion of the show, as well as have missed his views on this before, but does he see Dabo going to Bama once Saban is gone. I enjoy listening to his show despite the fact that I scratch my head at some of his thoughts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nick Saban/Texas

Nov 7, 2013, 9:45 AM

Best I can tell, most people think Coach Swinney would be on the top 5 list for Alabama, but probably not the top 3. It is really hard to say how stuff like that will go IF it happens. A lot of it is just timing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2013, 9:47 AM

And on top of that, I dont think Coach Swinney wants to replace Saban, that is kind of a no-win situation. Expectations are the moon every year and whoever replaces Saban will likely have the Ken Hatfield effect.

Now if they hire someone and that guy fails, then we may have something to worry about.

Nov 7, 2013, 9:50 AM

This would be the best scenario for Dabo. I don't want him to leave Clemson but if he keeps things rolling the next 5 years and Bama struggles (9/10 wins) if Saban leaves the next coach will be in the perfect position. Dabo has studied how Saban runs his program and could easily reestablish what he has built if that's what he chooses to do. The alternative is to take advantage of Bama's decline and establish Clemson as a power by winning a couple NCs.

null

Nov 7, 2013, 10:21 AM

Well, Alabama will certainly have to fight off several NFL teams vying for Dabo's contract, by the time Saban leaves or retires.

I don't think Bama would get their first, second or third

Nov 7, 2013, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Nick Saban/Texas ]

Should Saban leave, whoever they hire will likely not be their first, second or third choice. I think any coach who's is currently successful somewhere else would look at the Bama job as a no-win situation after this run Saban has been on.

I think even if Dabo were offered he would decline....not good timing.....there is no way to duplicate what Saban is doing in this day and age....it's really unbelievable.

I think Bama would end up promoting Kirby Smart as HC. He'd take the job and it would for the fans be a popular hire.

Is Mack Brown leaving?

Nov 7, 2013, 9:46 AM

I know this was assumed early in the year but he is currently undefeated in the Big 12 with a win over Oklahoma. I also believe that he said he is not ready to retire. Will they fire him for finishing 2nd or 3rd in the conference?

Jimbo Fisher to Ala.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Mack Brown leaving?

Nov 7, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Is Mack Brown leaving? ]

If they can get Saban, it wont matter what Mack Brown does.

I hope Mack Brown stays

Nov 7, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Is Mack Brown leaving? ]

for another year or two. It keeps everything more simple for everyone else. And, if he continues to do well, I don't see him being fired.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

In the unlikely event Saban leaves Bama for Texas....

I think you would see Bama go after someone like Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops long before they even remotely consider Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not so fast my friend!

Nov 7, 2013, 9:52 AM

But, you could be right. Why would high and mighty Bama spend big money on lil ole Dabo?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Walt....

Nov 7, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to In the unlikely event Saban leaves Bama for Texas.... ]

I listened to part of his show...maybe two minutes, I believe he had Ryan Tannehil going to Bamma...or was it Art Briles...no, maybe StevenP...crap...I know I heard him say something, of no value but something...GameCOCk Will....? it will come to me after I call about that great interset rate from the burger place in Clemson.

Spurrier to UF?

Nov 7, 2013, 10:05 AM

Reading various boards, etc. There is talk of dumping Muschamp and asking Spurrier to come back to UF to finish his career as a Gator. They're figuring he's got 5-6 years left.

Re: Spurrier to UF?

Nov 7, 2013, 10:13 AM

He may but his liver doesn't

I think it's funny

Nov 7, 2013, 10:11 AM

that all of this talk is surrounding comments made by Saban's agent more than 10 months ago. Why it became a talking point again this week is a mystery to me. It made sense when Texas sucked at the beginning of the year.

Nov 7, 2013, 10:32 AM

The best thing for Clemson is that Dabo will not even be looked at by Bama

Don't think Dabo's name will be on any list of true Bama coaching search team

Did Bama come calling Saban when he was at Mich St as a young new head coach even though at that time he had more experience than Dabo does now?

It took real success at LSU, a nat Champ etc

Dabo may very well be Saban like down the road as the top coach in his profession, but not anywhere close now

not his fault it is just called a coaching resume and he doesn't have a big time resume yet

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,578
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic