Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If all the "fire Brownell" posters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

If all the "fire Brownell" posters

Dec 20, 2013, 1:03 PM

do get their way and Brownell is canned then who do we get that is a better option. I don't want to see the words "anybody but him", I want to see a real list of better options....'cause you know what, I think you got squat. I think you're all just venting because we aren't improving as quick as we all want to see happen

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phil Jackson.***

Dec 20, 2013, 1:04 PM

null

Gregg Marshall***

Dec 20, 2013, 1:12 PM

Why not Gregg Marshall???

Dec 20, 2013, 1:28 PM

I'm fine with Brad, but if the question is "who next" then Gregg is fine with me.

Re: Gregg Marshall***

Dec 20, 2013, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Gregg Marshall*** ]

Lol Marshall would not come here. Wow what fantasy land do you live in.
No tradition #### facilities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 20, 2013, 1:36 PM

he is a dirtpecker at heart. I knew Gregg growing Up and he and his family were die hard dirtpeckers. The same way that if I were a coach I would not consider UuSC as an option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2013, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Gregg Marshall*** ]

Never, if we hire that bag of dirt, I will never give anothe penny to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tates Locke***

Dec 20, 2013, 1:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nick Saban.***

Dec 20, 2013, 1:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Roy Williams***

Dec 20, 2013, 1:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy...

Dec 20, 2013, 1:25 PM

2024 free_orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If all the "fire Brownell" posters

Dec 20, 2013, 1:37 PM

It doesn't matter who we hire or if we fire Brownell the results will be the same........... Clemson Basketball is what Clemson deserves right now....... I think so of you misunderstand when I say Clemson I am not just talking about the Athletic Department or The University I am also including the fans ...... We are all Clemson....

We do not support the program the way other teams in the ACC support their team it just that simple.... Some of you will say well we pack Little John when we are good... Well that isn't what great fans do..... I have been to games at Little John under Rick Barnes when there were less than 300 people in the stands......... Duke, Carolina, NcState, Louisville, ND, Cuse, Pitt, Wake, and UVA will almost sell out for an inter squad game.............

Until Clemson fans care about basketball this is what we will get........... The thing is there seems to be more passion on this board for the team than there is in the stands......... I have been to games where it seems like someone must have passed out Prozac to everyone........

I would love for us to have a winner........... I know some of you disagree with me about OP, but as a longtime basketball fan I enjoyed winning, it is something I hadn't seen much in my years of loving Clemson basketball............ I know some of you didn't like his style of play or the fact he left the way he did.... I can also tell you the stories about why he left couldn't be more wrong............ It had nothing to do with a girlfriend ............ Clemson wasn't honoring his contract he had to go ask and fight for things in his contract that should never happen..........

Well I guess after wanting a winning team for so long and hoping I could see my Tigers make it to Saturday or Thank God Sunday in the ACC......... I have become a little jaded........

Re: If all the "fire Brownell" posters- well said

Dec 20, 2013, 2:11 PM

I agree with you here. very disappointed a school who can get 80,000 for football cant get 8-10,000 to show for hoops. not sure what our deal is. there really isnt a good excuse for this

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you read no other post today, read the one above

Dec 20, 2013, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: If all the "fire Brownell" posters ]

I would like to see Gregg Marshall on the list, obviously Shaka Smart, and Anthony Grant at Bama

Anyone who is willing to play up tempo, and knows how to recruit and relate to today's kids

I'd stick with Brownell too if he would just start winning

Brownell's problem, since day one, has been

Dec 20, 2013, 4:04 PM

recruiting. With what OP left, and the outdated facilities and apparent lack of commitment from the university, I'm not sure that is Brownell's fault. My feeling is that he is an excellent basketball coach, and I would liked to have seen how he could have recruited from the get-go with a shiny new arena and very public commitment to the basketball program. I think that with better players, we would play a lot more up tempo, and it could start the cycle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Very well said and I agree. Sad but true.

Dec 20, 2013, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: If all the "fire Brownell" posters ]

It looks like Brownell has a friend in D-Rad, at least with the need for facility upgrades, so maybe that's a step in the right direction. A better fan experience can only help things.

Hopefully they will consider the fans when planning the facilities. One of the reasons that I don't go to more games is the amount of space in the seats. Anyone over 6ft has a hard time squeezing into the seats...

I like Brownell and think he is the right one for this job at this time. I don't think Coach K could do any better at Clemson at this time.

Oliver Purnell***

Dec 20, 2013, 4:43 PM

The Harvard Coach

Dec 20, 2013, 5:19 PM

Can't remember his name. There was no excuse for the turnover late in the game. Not being able to get shot off is coaching. Brownell will get this year and next year to prove himself. However, I am not optimistic.

Why not just promote an assistant?

Dec 20, 2013, 7:21 PM

Since when do we actually look for a better option? Don't we normally just find the cheapest guy that will say yes?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic