Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The SEC: It Just Means More,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,494

The SEC: It Just Means More,

Jul 16, 2019, 7:10 PM

unless its a disinterested Georgia team playing Texas in the Sugar Bowl. Or maybe a disinterested South Carolina team getting shut out by Virginia. Why don't other conferences get to say they are just disinterested when they lose?

The biggest Bulldawg goober today, still crying about Georgia not getting in the playoff last year, said it should be the four best teams and not the four most deserving. Hello! 36-16 to LSU, 3 losses! I have never seen any fanbase cry more for something that was just not an issue. And then he literally said, it was a disinterested Georgia team vs Texas in the Sugar Bowl".

Disinterested? in the Sugar Bowl? in playing Texas? in finishing in the top 3?

I thought it was supposed to just mean more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The SEC: It Just Means More,

Jul 16, 2019, 7:12 PM

I hope Notre Dame puts an ### whooping on them. They need to get humbled.

Jul 16, 2019, 7:19 PM

I don’t think they understand that emotion...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

81-85..Saw that Ga Goober Reporter tell Paul they was robbed & still doesn't get it..

Jul 16, 2019, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The SEC: It Just Means More, ]

Dawgs got blow out by LSU, that's 1 loss..then lose SECCG to Bama, that's 2 losses (later 3 counting Texas).

Saying, why should Dawgs be 4th team in CFP when they'd already had their chance at #1 team (Bama) and lost!

How many times does a #1 team have to beat you in the head without seeing you again in the big dance..plus the idea to leave out teams with better records in equally important conferences (like BiG10).

Then Herbie goes even crazier by saying Ga should not be ranked 4th with loss to Bama, BUT move up to 3rd!!

Shameful.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The SEC: It Just Means More, ]

FWIW: One of my upset picks for 2019 is ND ripping the dawgs a new one.

Jul 17, 2019, 6:31 AM

FWIW: You may want to rethink that one. If UGA loses a game it will be to A&M or Auburn. Do not put your money on ND leaving Athens with a win. You're welcome.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget about the annual loss to Alabama!!!***

Jul 17, 2019, 8:44 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 7:37 PM

Dawgs count potential as reality. They may have top 4 talent but 3 losses shows it’s still potential and not reality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 8:07 PM

Good point. They have to win a big one before they mouth off. They've had three cracks at 'Bammer since 2012 and have lost all three. 'Nuff said.

Jul 16, 2019, 8:47 PM

The other day I was trying to figure out who had the most pre-season national championships, Georgia or South Carolina. I had a hard time checking on the number of years each one was the -self anointed pre-season national champion but it would be something like 0 for 127 for the Gamecocks and 1 for 130 for the Bull Puppies. Since we have had very few fans anoint us pre-season national champions our record reads ---- Three (3) National Championships, Two (2) of which have occurred in the last three (3) years. The Bull Puppies One (1) National Championship occurred in 1980, even before many posters on this board were born.

Assuming one will probably be about five when they become interested in football, that would indicate any Georgia fan 44 or younger has never had the privilege of saying, "We're Number One". And for the coot fans, I'm embarrassed to even go down that road.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 7:04 AM

If Spurrier couldn't get them there, I don't know who could.

...Sorry, I forgot: Spurrier was disinterested.

Jul 17, 2019, 11:16 AM

Based on prior history, for the coots to win any hardware the following programs would need to finish at 6-6 or worse... and I think that for most of those programs, that is a tough sell.

Bama
Auburn
LSU
A&M
Arky
Mizzu
Jawja
UF

And the other programs to be their normal self:
Vandy
MSU
Other Miss