Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top Sirloin Cap Steak (sizzlers)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Top Sirloin Cap Steak (sizzlers)

May 19, 2020, 1:55 PM

just picked up some of this stuff on sale at $4.99/lb, which seemed dirt cheap, but I don't recall ever cooking it.

Is this something I should marinate and grill, or will it turn out better to lightly season and sear?

Anyway you could help me with my meat is appreciated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this the picahna cut that everybody is going apeshit

May 19, 2020, 1:58 PM

about like we discovered a new part of the cow?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this the picahna cut that everybody is going apeshit

May 19, 2020, 2:02 PM

I just googled picahna and this image came up and looks like what I have. Small and sparse marbling with a big strip of fat on just the one side

I assumed it was just some scrap cut that no one wanted and that's why it was so cheap. Is it supposed to special in someway?

Nah, it's just top sirloin without the fat cap trimmed off

May 19, 2020, 2:07 PM

like American butchers do. This is how they do in Brazil (after thorough waxing, I presume). I know of a Brazilian butcher around the corner that does this cut, but haven't procured it from him yet. I guess the only thing you might do different is grill it a little (or maybe smoke over indirect heat) with the fat cap up like a brisket, and let some of that cap melt through the lean. Actually, yeah, do that second option.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah, it's just top sirloin without the fat cap trimmed off

May 19, 2020, 2:11 PM

this is pretty helpful. you think it would be good if I put it in egg and flour and deep fry it and serve with ranch?

Re: Nah, it's just top sirloin without the fat cap trimmed off

May 19, 2020, 2:42 PM

Yes***

May 19, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Is this the picahna cut that everybody is going apeshit ]

Re: Top Sirloin Cap Steak (sizzlers)

May 19, 2020, 2:00 PM

Either should be fine, just take extra care of your meat to not over cook it. Your meat is tender but very lean so your meat will dry out very quickly if you overcook your meat.

Meat appeared way too many times in this post.***

May 19, 2020, 2:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think i struck the perfect balance between information and

May 19, 2020, 2:11 PM

jounginess

thread jack

May 19, 2020, 2:21 PM

I have done two orders with Omaha Steaks, I have been really impressed with their chicken and their steaks. The burgers are "ok". Delmonico's are out of stock now, but they are worth every dime.

Chicken breasts have been hard to come by the last couple of trips to the grocery, so I used Omaha a few weeks ago and its awesome. Pricey, but worth it in my opinion. Now I can just breeze through the grocery store instead of searching and searching at the meat counter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have used Crowdcow a few times and it is good meat

May 19, 2020, 2:27 PM

https://www.crowdcow.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crowdcow Is good

May 19, 2020, 2:55 PM

But I get to looking at all the options and fill my cart with hundreds of $ of meat then get frustrated and quit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Got some the other day on the cheap

May 19, 2020, 2:25 PM

threw them in bags with some merinaid, sousvide, and toss around in a cherry red cast iron pan. PRetty good.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Darksideofthemoo won't like this***

May 19, 2020, 2:28 PM

Gotta marinate them bad boys. If ya ain't got Dale's, try

May 19, 2020, 2:29 PM

shoving them up your assswole and let them marinate there for a couple of days before searing them on the BBQ.

Seems like to do that he needs to harden it first

May 19, 2020, 2:31 PM

So what's the best way to harden his meat? If you just pull it straight out of it's packaging, will likely not go in easily.

freeze it

May 19, 2020, 2:39 PM

butt before you do, take some butchers twine and a big sewing needle. Use your favorite fishing knot to secure the meat some sort of handle. makes it much easier to pull out if it slips all the way in. THe other alternative is to push it all the way in to your stomach and let digestion take its normal course.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Always lick the knot before pulling at it***

May 19, 2020, 2:47 PM

What if you have a friend named Dale?

May 19, 2020, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Gotta marinate them bad boys. If ya ain't got Dale's, try ]

Which assswhole do you go with?

Dealers choice***

May 19, 2020, 2:50 PM

Cloaca.

May 19, 2020, 2:51 PM [ in reply to What if you have a friend named Dale? ]

Here we use the technical term cloaca.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this is when you want to sandpaper your meat

May 19, 2020, 2:52 PM

Especially on the phatty side

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic