Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I keep seeing "no conference, no playoffs" re: Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I keep seeing "no conference, no playoffs" re: Notre Dame

Jan 11, 2013, 1:47 PM

but I have never seen this rule in any of the press about the 4 team playoff. Where do folks get the idea that it will be impossible/hard for ND to get into the playoff without joining the ACC as a full member?

I think it will be just the opposite: the ND bias will allow them to pick their own schedule and limp into the playoffs at 10-2 or 11-1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How Many Times Do They Need 40-50 Hung on Them In BCS

Jan 11, 2013, 1:50 PM

Games to show the world they are significantly overrated. Put them in any conference for their 3-4 road games alone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do past years have to do with this one?***

Jan 11, 2013, 2:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I keep seeing "no conference, no playoffs" re: Notre Dame

Jan 11, 2013, 2:01 PM

It doesn't matter how good or bad ND is. The Big 5 or Big 4 (however you want to put it) conferences will be the ones deciding how this game is going to be played. You honestly think they are going to be willing to let a school in who is not affiliated with them?

I don't think so

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND had a say in the playoff design.

Jan 11, 2013, 2:14 PM

They'll always have a seat at the table though I don't think they'll get the service that conferences get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got my understanding from sports writers who interviewed..

Jan 11, 2013, 2:13 PM

those in charge of setting up the playoffs. They were called NCAA Presidential Oversight Committee.

They will setup The Presidential Oversight Selection Committee and require them to give special consideration to conference champions. Being that there are five ACC, B1G, Big 12, Pac and SEC there will be five conference champions with special consideration that won't be given to ND.

The POSC will also consider stregnths of schedule and head to head matchups. If ND's opponents don't fare well during the season ND will suffer along with them in the eyes of the POSC.

I however, believe ND fans and booster will not come to their senses for at least four or five year after the playoffs begin. If they land a playoff spot during that period I'd expect them to hold out much longer.

The only control the ACC has over ND's joining is to whip their butts and keep them out of the good bowl games, especially the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND

Jan 11, 2013, 2:17 PM

Why let ND join the ACC? Is it in the ACC rules that a school can just partially join?!!

Dollars flow where ND goes.

Jan 11, 2013, 2:24 PM

ND will schedule several ACC teams in football every year. Some games will be at home and some away.

The ACC has TV rights (the right to sell) revenues from all its members home games.

Even when ACC football teams play ND they will be on prime time TV becasue of ND's contract with CBS (i think).

ND's contract is with NBC***

Jan 11, 2013, 4:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, there's no rule. This is the same logic I heard when the

Jan 11, 2013, 2:44 PM [ in reply to I got my understanding from sports writers who interviewed.. ]

BCS was created and we see how that worked out. ND has been to at least 2 unearned BCS games. The playoff system will be no different.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 10-2 or 11-1 ND doesn't make a 4 team playoff this year.***

Jan 11, 2013, 2:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think? They would have gone ahead of

Jan 11, 2013, 3:07 PM

us and FSU, that's for sure.

With 2 losses? Maybe***

Jan 11, 2013, 4:09 PM

I doubt a 10-2 non sEcSPN will make the 4 team playoff***

Jan 11, 2013, 2:18 PM

I'll add that anyone who plays SC, Stanford, Michigan, MSU,

Jan 11, 2013, 2:21 PM

Navy,and Purdue every year usually has a tough schedule.

Completely agree.

Jan 11, 2013, 2:26 PM

ND schedule was touted as one of the toughest even though they are not in the SEC this preseason. It wasn't ND's fault that UM sucked or USC wasn't deep enough to last the season.

BS. Those teams are perpetually overrated.***

Jan 11, 2013, 2:33 PM [ in reply to I'll add that anyone who plays SC, Stanford, Michigan, MSU, ]

Stanford most underrated team in country this year.***

Jan 11, 2013, 4:11 PM

What part of they crapped the bedin ALL 4 BCS bowls

Jan 11, 2013, 2:26 PM

that they were let in did you not understand. That loss, the way they lost, hurt them more than most want to admit.

http://www.csssports.com/pages/video?PID=qEZMpB-qPFTTvBES3uUAqxgqhvMqG5l5rw4eOto

Always take the word of a so-called "expert" over a "keyboard jockey" any day of the week.

navy and purdue

Jan 11, 2013, 2:41 PM

Are better known ball st and wake

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds a bit cootish

Jan 11, 2013, 2:53 PM

And I know you aren't one Joe....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

How so? Just look at 2006***

Jan 11, 2013, 3:07 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic