Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,389

NC State

Jul 19, 2017, 8:45 PM

Now that I'm watching again we were just snake bitten that day. I thought I remembered State just playing real well but we should have beat them by like 17 or more points. I mean we just couldn't get out of our own way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NC State

Jul 19, 2017, 8:47 PM

We weren't any such thing ...Marcus Edmonds made sure to pop that cork at just the right time .

Man that kid had two gigantic plays for Clemson in 2016 !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 19, 2017, 8:50 PM

HAHA no doubt!

Jul 19, 2017, 8:52 PM

I haven't rewatched that game, but IIRC their D beat us up pretty bad. They hit us hard all game. Am I right?

Because I think gonna eat SCar for lunch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2017, 8:59 PM

Very physical team with a couple of NFLers on the DL , Chubb is an absolute beast .
The Cooties better work on those Mustclamp blocking techniques before the game ...because will be tough to win with no running game and Kid Fivehead running around bumping into the Wolfpack front 7 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No. You don't remember correctly. They scored 17 points and

Jul 19, 2017, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: NC State ]

we gave them 7. Gave it to'em. Then, we fumbled once on the 23, once on about the 8,a nd once on the 2...in addition to getting stopped on 4th and a foot from the one foot line. They made every play they could and still lost. We make every play we could have made we beat'em like rented mules.

Re: No. You don't remember correctly. They scored 17 points and

Jul 19, 2017, 10:56 PM

I don't think they still rent mules, Spud .
That was a different time , with different rules for mules .

DB23

Jul 19, 2017, 8:52 PM

Turnovers were crippling in that game...

Gallman fumble on NCSU 24 yard line (should have been targeting call)
Watson pick-6 (only time in his career)
Turnover on downs at the NCSU 1 yard line
T. Dye fumble on the NCSU 3 yard line
M. Williams fumble on the 5 yard line

So a pick-6 and 3 turnovers within the 5 yard line, easily could've been 21 points or 9 points worst case scenario (assuming we make the chip shots). That is roughly a 4 TD swing... could've been a blowout.

I wish that kicker had kicked it straight on

Jul 19, 2017, 8:54 PM

so we could have blocked it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Easy to lose

Jul 19, 2017, 9:12 PM

Games like that. The Pitt game is the one that I remember. They ate our defense up at critical moments that day.
Tigers learned something too,

I don't believe we have a win over Pitt.... ever

Don't forget the coot real estate agent's BS calls

Jul 19, 2017, 9:42 PM

and the defensive penalty flags being thrown 10 seconds after the plays were over. Complete ########.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Don't forget the coot real estate agent's BS calls

Jul 19, 2017, 10:27 PM

Those bull ref calls still make me mad. Some people still say we shouldn't have been in that situation. But a ref shouldn't make bogus calls either. Bad games happen to everybody. But there's no excuse for bad refs.

Yes

Jul 20, 2017, 6:56 AM

It seems like a lot of our turnovers last year came from being a little overconfident and toying with teams. We were athletically superior by far than almost everyone we played especially Pitt and NCSU. Oh well, we still have a trophy saying we were the best last year.

Yep, mostly horrible luck in that game. Gotta give their DL

Jul 20, 2017, 7:29 AM

props too because they were (and will be again this year) really good, but we had 4 drives end deep in NC State territory due to TOs, and then the pick-6 by Watson.

We were also seconds away from losing that game twice at the end. First on the missed FG and then on the 4th and inches in OT. Given how poorly we ran the ball in that game, we could've gotten stuffed there pretty easily.

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,389
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic