Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on Cole - perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,126

My take on Cole - perspective

Oct 19, 2014, 10:30 AM

I believe many of you need to have a different perspective on Cole.

He IS a very good second string QB.
He does not have a top O line.
He does not have super experienced receivers. Yes we have some good ones for sure, but young.
He does not have a run game to get us to 3 rd and short.

Now, who would you TRADE him for? And I am talking about starters.
BC QB? No
Louisville? No
UGA? Even
SC state - no
UNC - no
Nc state - no
Teams not played yet
Cuse - no
Wake - no
Ga tech - no
Ga state - no
USC east - no - maybe a push but I can't take a chicken on my team.

Lets see who else
Florida - no
LSU - no
Bama - no
Auburn - yes - but he is not right for out receivers and o line. So prob no.

My point is - sure there are some better QBs out there - but not a ton. And certainly not many better backups that can do what he is doing with the players we have.

So cut the kid a break, be excited we have him. If there are not many starters out there we would swap him for - think of what we would have with those teams backups.

Too spoiled due to Tahj play. Different players, different way of playing. IMO - you guys need to be proud of Chad and coaching staff as well. The mark of a great coaching staff is to be able to adapt with the players we have. They are doing just that.

Is Cole a future NFL star - probably not - but as a really good backup for Clemson - he is doing just fine.

Just my opinion anyway.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on Cole - perspective

Oct 19, 2014, 10:35 AM

wish I could give you more points and give those who rag on him continuously infinite thumbs down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2014, 10:41 AM

Best perspective yet. Thank you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is at his best in fast tempo offense - Morris stopping

Oct 19, 2014, 10:52 AM

the play to get him to change play or whatever is when he messes up. I think Morris does not trust him, hopefully, Chad will see the light and leave him in 2 min. offense with rarely interrupting the play. Then and only then will Cole perform at a higher level. Chad Morris please trust Cole and allow him to run 2 min. offense everytime he is out there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is at his best in fast tempo offense - Morris stopping

Oct 19, 2014, 11:24 AM

Couldn't agree more. Chad does not trust him and when we have to go uptempo at the end of a half we look very good. Just have to run that all day instead of just once a half.

Its funny that Chad always says, We are what we are then continues to try and run the ball when we are a uptempo passing team. Just doesn't make any sense, like he is just hoping and wishing we will turn into a running team when we are a passing team that can run once the defense is worn out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole doesn't deserved to be bashed...

Oct 19, 2014, 10:57 AM

No player deserves to be "bashed" unless they aren't giving 100% effort. I believe that Stoudt is working as hard as he can, and he is giving everything he's got in practice and in the games. Unfortunately for him he is playing on a team with a freshman QB who is much more talented. When you compare the play of the two QB's, it just magnifies Stoudt's shortcomings.

That said, I thought Stoudt played his best game of the season by far yesterday. He made some GREAT throws at key times, moving the chains when we desperately needed to sustain drives. He just doesn't play as fast as Deshaun... and that hurts an offense that is already reeling from injuries at other positions as well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2014, 11:07 AM

I'd take both UNC qb, Jacoby Brissette and Tyler Murphy over Cole. What they are supposedly "decent" at in throwing the ball, they're better than Cole, and this is supposed to be his strength; And where Cole is deficient with his legs, the aforementioned thrive. Those qbs would flourish right now and we wouldn't be on pins and needs on every offensive play until Watson comes back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree he doesn't deserve to be "bashed"

Oct 19, 2014, 11:21 AM

I would certainly take numerous QBs you mentioned over Stout. His deficiencies are mostly physical, with some intermittent mind farts.
I keep pointing back to the OL (includes the TEs), which is atrocious and not getting better. They are lazy, unathletic and have zero nastiness to them. They make Morris, Cole and our average RBs look much worse than they deserve. Is Cole an outstanding QB - no. With a decent OL, he is good enough to win out though. With this OL, it will take more luck like the last two weeks to win out.
Cole seems like a great young man and I'm glad he won the MVP regardless of his limitations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2014, 11:24 AM

Cole had two ints broke up by our WRs yesterday.

How many of those did the BC QB have?

BC QB can also make things happen and I am willing to bet he could get some tough running yards on third or fourth and short.

You may want to rethink that "no" and the NCSU one. Unless you are talking about their backups.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,126
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic