Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Off topic but...Charlotte Meck schools teachers no longer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 2,983

Off topic but...Charlotte Meck schools teachers no longer

Aug 9, 2016, 8:17 PM

can refer to their students as "Boys" and "Girls". They have to use gender neutral terms "student" and "scholar" and now have to teach about the Gender Unicorn.

http://www.charlottestories.com/cms-introduces-gender-unicorn-transgender-policy-presentation/

Mayor Jennifer Roberts has a single minded vision for that city.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

wonder where all the money comes from to push this agenda...

Aug 9, 2016, 8:24 PM

where America? where does the money come from?

because as the middle class chooses to duck and run, perverts steal a nation.

what a country full of cowards,

and the post-Vietnam liberal #### marches on....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

epi is your icon

Aug 9, 2016, 8:41 PM

gender neutral??? Looks Whack to me!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Off topic but...Charlotte Meck schools teachers no longer

Aug 9, 2016, 8:28 PM

That school district has always been ultra-liberal. Kooksville.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Evidently Charlotte has plenty of time and money for garbage

Aug 9, 2016, 8:30 PM

like this. Used to be when someone bullied you, you or one of your friends eventually beat the crap out of the bully. Now nobody can fight for themselves and we have liberals sitting around drawing up happy looking charts for everyone to live by. I'm afraid our children and grandchildren will become a bunch of helpless patsies destined to be dominated by others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Evidently Charlotte has plenty of time and money for garbage

Aug 9, 2016, 9:04 PM

I still plan on teaching my children how to knock someone on their @ss if they are being messed with. To hell with this nonsense.

I agree ! Fight the good fight !***

Aug 9, 2016, 9:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My kids went to public schools in Charlotte.

Aug 9, 2016, 10:38 PM

All three of them got a great education, were able to take tons of AP courses in high school, two of them earned essentially full academic rides to college and none ever encountered a social,religious or political situation in school that sounded the least bit odd, unusual or threatening to me. FWIW, I'm a conservative republican church going, Bible believing Christian.

Consequently the broad sweeping generalizations in this thread seem oft target to me.

Go Tigers!!

Things changed quickly I am afraid.

Aug 9, 2016, 10:53 PM

And teacher flight is quite real in Char Meck..teachers leaving for other districts for less pay.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Don't short yourself and the wife for doing a great job !***

Aug 10, 2016, 9:02 AM [ in reply to My kids went to public schools in Charlotte. ]

SMH. Sad stuff.***

Aug 9, 2016, 8:32 PM

Liberals are ruining this country at a frightening pace

Aug 9, 2016, 8:36 PM

This utter nonsensical BS has got to come to a stop at some point.

That is Totally

Aug 9, 2016, 8:39 PM

Disgusting!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When looking for a new house we eliminated Charlotte and

Aug 9, 2016, 8:48 PM

Mecklenburg as possibilities due to the education system. We really can't afford to send our kids to private or charter schools like a major portion do now. So we looked everywhere else, Union County, Tega Cay, Fort Mill,...ended up in Belmont.

So their policies cost them at least a couple of citizens.

I work in CLT, and my colleague, who has a 7 year old, just

Aug 9, 2016, 8:51 PM

moved to Fort Mill just because of the school situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we moved to the area 9 years ago...

Aug 9, 2016, 9:01 PM

Looked at houses in Meck Co and quickly realized that the school system is horrible.

We bought a house in Ft Mill and have loved every minute of it. My daughter starts at Nationa Ford on Monday and my son will be in 5th grade.

Problem now with this part of York County is that it is growing too #### fast. New middle school and high school opening in next 2 years. Will be the 3rd new middle school in last 5 years and 2nd new high school in last 9.

Heck my daughter went to two different elementary schools and we never moved. Both were less than 3 miles from our house.

Problem "now"???

Aug 10, 2016, 10:53 AM

We were saying the same things 9 years ago when you guys moved to the area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty nuts

Aug 9, 2016, 10:56 PM

These people's ideology is going to end up doing a lot of harm to kids before they're done.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty nuts

Aug 10, 2016, 7:29 AM

> These people's ideology is going to end up doing a
> lot of harm to kids before they're done.

What harm do you think this policy will inflict?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Potentially unintended consequences ...

Aug 10, 2016, 10:01 AM

A weird public campaign targeted at children and young adults has the potential to be misconstrued due to their maturity level. Drawing attention to differences may actually increase segregation and decrease tolerance.

IMO providing training to educators to better understand LGBTQ issues and to provide appropriate individual counseling is a better approach. Bullying for whatever reason should not be tolerated and requires intervention _ especially when systemic and repeated. I taught my kids that bullying is not aligned with Christian values and cowardly. Be courageous and stick to your values in speech, actions and on social media.

Young people may need help with their own self esteem, self worth ... And their self defense. I have compassion for young people who may feel alone and isolated for whatever reason. I think that assistace should be provided on an individual basis and a case by case basis.

I doubt the effectiveness of these type of holistic campaigns.

I guess I'm confused.

Aug 10, 2016, 10:30 AM

This was training for educators, not a public campaign... no?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Educating children has become secondary to implementing

Aug 9, 2016, 11:13 PM

the liberal agenda in some schools.

What age do you choose your gender?***

Aug 10, 2016, 12:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That thing looks like transgender Barney

Aug 10, 2016, 7:08 AM

Never did like hi....she....awe foooeyy. Whatever it is!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This would never work at UNC--

Aug 10, 2016, 8:58 AM

especially the "scholar " part.

Nobody would answer.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so I'm guessing your kid gets suspended if she wears this

Aug 10, 2016, 9:05 AM

to school?

Not if "she" is a "he"???***

Aug 10, 2016, 9:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2016, 9:55 AM

...one more reason to never vote for Libs. pitiful

Aug 10, 2016, 10:07 AM

With the gender identity mess going on we met with higher ups at my nieces school district to discuss what to expect on that front.

After having that meeting we decided it would be in her best interest to send her to private school.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Gender Unicorn? Is this like Sexual Harassment Panda?***

Aug 10, 2016, 10:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

A big reason I moved away from Charmeck schools....the

Aug 10, 2016, 10:52 AM

entire district seemed to be a giant social experiment on kids more than a place to get an education.

If I were still in the area, I'd love to tune in and hear Keith Larson's comments on this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shouldn't they be more worried about fixing how they

Aug 10, 2016, 11:03 AM

treat the teachers?

This is where liberalism takes you. And it ain't over.***

Aug 10, 2016, 1:26 PM

Aug 10, 2016, 1:31 PM

What total BS. As I drive past CLT I will make sure to leave a big load in the women's bathroom and not buy any chewing gum!

Replies: 33
| visibility 2,983
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic