Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My grandfather, a WWII bronze star and Purple Heart recipient, was a Clemson fan and short time student
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,190

My grandfather, a WWII bronze star and Purple Heart recipient, was a Clemson fan and short time student

Mar 28, 2013, 11:57 AM

I will gladly wear purple to military appreciation day. First time in purple at a Clemson game, but I think my grandfather would have liked the symbolism. B*****g about wearing our secondary color to a game where it may actually mean something comes across, to me, as petty for a Clemson man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My grandfather, a WWII bronze star and Purple Heart recipient, was a Clemson fan and short time student

Mar 28, 2013, 12:36 PM

I thought I once heard if your parent won a purple heart you got a tuition break in a SC school. I found this out years after my dad passed and he never lived in SC only I did.

Is there any truth to that. I know purple heart recipients can supposed park anywhere with the right kind of tag in SC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sorry I was wrong to hijack your thread

Mar 28, 2013, 12:42 PM

w/ that. I think wearing purple is a great idea

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My grandfather, a WWII bronze star and Purple Heart recipient, was a Clemson fan and short time student

Mar 28, 2013, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: My grandfather, a WWII bronze star and Purple Heart recipient, was a Clemson fan and short time student ]

74TIGER, no you would not qualify due to your father not residing in SC. Here is the info (look where the blue writing begins and read from there, http://www.govoepp.state.sc.us/va/ftapp.pdf

and here is the list of benefits SC gives to veterans,
http://www.govoepp.state.sc.us/va/benefits.html

I have proudly been able to direct two Purple Heart Veterans in getting this benefit for their children.

Message was edited by: drinkoj®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

I did not know any of that stuff..........

Mar 28, 2013, 3:13 PM

It does not apply to me specifically, but I'm glad the state of SC does all that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purple will be a great gesture for heroes like your granddad***

Mar 28, 2013, 12:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wear it proudly friend***

Mar 28, 2013, 12:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plan on it***

Mar 28, 2013, 1:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just shocked how you go so much text in the subject

Mar 28, 2013, 3:15 PM

Not really, I know how you do it.

BUT, the mentality Tigernet is having is proving that Clemson is incapable of having a white-out as good as Penn State can do it (purple-out in our case).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I know right? Isn't that so ridiculous. All that text in such a tiny box.

Mar 28, 2013, 3:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know right? Isn't that so ridiculous. All that text in such a tiny box.

Mar 28, 2013, 4:25 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,190
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic