Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sometimes karma really is a b!tch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Sometimes karma really is a b!tch

Mar 4, 2020, 1:46 PM

Backstory: Wife is an RN at a hospital. Last week she was transferred a patient from the ER to her floor at 3:30 according to the paperwork. However, the ER was so busy the patient wasn't actually brought up to her floor until ~6:00-6:30. This could easily be confirmed by reviewing the patient notes in the computer. So my wife goes to give turnover at the end of the shift to the oncoming night shift nurse. We will call her Angela, because that is the name of the fucking bitch. Evidently Angela is a whiny, know-it-all type and she goes to the charge nurse complaining that my wife hadn't done the admission stuff on the patient, like she normally would have if the patient had been brought up at 3:30. Basically, trying to get my wife in trouble. Charge nurse looked at the computer and shows Angela The Fucking Bitch the patient notes and confirms to her that the patient was still down in the ER the whole day.

Forward to this morning, my wife goes in to work and is to receive turnover from Angela The Fucking Bitch. The nurses are supposed to lay eyes on their patients at least once per hour. They go into one patients room and he is dead as a door nail, and evidently has been for over two hours. Angela The Fucking Bitch swears she just checked on him "about 20 minutes ago." According to my wife "she (Angela The Fucking Bitch) was all upset and defending herself to everyone this morning and crying."

No word yet if anything will happen to Angela The Fucking Bitch. Don't really care.

TL,DR: Angela The Fucking Bitch is a bad nurse. Up yours Angela.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Hey man, that is awesome for your wife

Mar 4, 2020, 1:48 PM

but it still kinda sucks because dude is dead. Also, don't get so worked up over her battles. Looks like she handled herself.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guy was on pallative care and going to hospice today.

Mar 4, 2020, 1:50 PM

Not worked up, just passing along a story. I know my wife can handle her sh!t, especially when it comes to nursing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But I will add

Mar 4, 2020, 1:51 PM

I still think Angela is a fucking bitch

Yeah, don't sweat the Angelas of the world. Just do your

Mar 4, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Hey man, that is awesome for your wife ]

job and eventually they always make themselves look bad.

Worked at a law firm right out of college. This new lawyer, fresh out f law school gets hired. One day he blows a gasket because his APA brief is missing, and he has a hearing coming up. Goes to HR director and complains that I must have misfiled it. I think of the 100,000 things I filed, I misfiled exactly 2 things, and always quickly found them. Anyway, no one had the APA in their active files. I checked, then rechecked. Checked old files. Wasted a good 2 hours making CERTAIN I didn't misfile it. New prig lawyer was all mad, went back to HR lady. I then go to HR lady and tell her it's not misfiled, I checked, and triple checked.

Lawyer still being a prig. So I went to his secretary and asked her if she had seen it. She hadn't. She went through every file of his and didn't find it. She DID check and saw on the day it was to be typed, a temp had been working. Called temp. Temp dropped the ball and it was never typed. Secretary then proceeded to whip it together for him in about an hour. Went BACK to HR lady and told her what I had done to take it upon myself to get to the bottom of it. Secretary confirmed it was never created for me to file in the first place.

Next day prig lawyer apologized. He's now a customer of mine ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are 3 types of nurses

Mar 4, 2020, 1:48 PM

1: Very hot, kinky. Like Mrs. Daddy

2: Fat, lazy, ####### #####. Like Angela

3: Old, been there forever, gives no ##### about you except to keep you alive. Normally wears the white nurse tights and the nurse hat.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

My favorites were always the head nurses.

Mar 4, 2020, 1:54 PM

They were easy to spot because they always had dirty knees.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

4 types of nurses, actually.

Mar 4, 2020, 2:03 PM [ in reply to There are 3 types of nurses ]

4. The male nurse that checks for swelling in the feet of elderly patients by sucking their toes.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are no male nurses

Mar 4, 2020, 2:21 PM

just female nurses with additional body hair.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

While rare for his generation, my father has been a nurse

Mar 4, 2020, 4:11 PM

for over 50 years. He started out as a medic in the Army, did a tour in Vietnam, went to nursing school after getting home, and has worked in almost every kind of nursing category there is.

About 15 years ago, he started feeling the physical strain taking a hard hit on his health, but instead of retiring, he started teaching nursing.

Yesterday, he went to the emergency room suffering from blurry vision, dizziness, etc. Thought he'd had a stroke. After testing, he was released and went home last night. Today he got up and went to work to teach the clinical session.

He will be 78 in November, and I couldn't be prouder of his lifetime of work. I just wish he'd retire.

TLDR: he's not a female with body hair.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pics of Angela TFB?***

Mar 4, 2020, 1:55 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've not met her, but according to

Mar 4, 2020, 1:58 PM

my wife, you would not want them

DON'T LET YOUR WIFE SPEAK FOR US!***

Mar 4, 2020, 4:21 PM

Have it your way. I'll see what I can do.***

Mar 4, 2020, 4:51 PM

RIP Angela, never really liked her on the show

Mar 4, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Pics of Angela TFB?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know how nurses do it. I'm talking ...........

Mar 4, 2020, 2:04 PM

your wife and Chocolate.

Not the ones that are irresponsible and don't give a S.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nurses, teachers, and any occupation where caring about

Mar 4, 2020, 2:09 PM

others is a highly valued skill set. I relate much better to jobs where not caring is more highly valued...like county hangman, electric chair on-off switch administrator, lethal injection physician, or covert ninja assassin.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll never make it with that attitude.

Mar 4, 2020, 2:15 PM

When I hire someone to kill somebody I'm always looking for a guy who takes pride in his craft. You're just not presenting that attitude well enough to suit my requirements.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So if you were reincarnated as a small mammal,

Mar 4, 2020, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Nurses, teachers, and any occupation where caring about ]

So who got the bad karma...the dead guy?***

Mar 4, 2020, 2:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really, he wasn't going to last long anyway.***

Mar 4, 2020, 2:20 PM

That’s what I’m wondering. It seems like if karma

Mar 4, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to So who got the bad karma...the dead guy?*** ]

Were in play, Angela would be dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is always hope***

Mar 4, 2020, 2:30 PM

Is karma really a thing?

Mar 4, 2020, 2:33 PM

Maybe teh worst thing that could happen to me, is the best thing that could happen to someone else?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That could have been me!!!***

Mar 4, 2020, 2:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank God for good insurance...***

Mar 4, 2020, 3:10 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Her parents should be ashamed giving her that name.

Mar 4, 2020, 3:30 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic