Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
conversation from earlier today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,067

conversation from earlier today

Jul 3, 2013, 12:09 AM

I was having a conversation earlier today with a coot at work.

He was telling me how great South Carolina was (which was fine) and how terrible Clemson was (which pissed me off). So, needless to say, we got into a pretty heated argument over the two programs in which scores, records, coaches, and history was thrown around. In an attempt to take the logical approach, as my profession dictates, I stated that historically Clemson has dominated the series even though the coots have had success in moderate spurts. His response was basically shouting about how they won 4 years in a row and history doesn't matter. I replied with, "everything other than this year was history and congrats on the win".

Apparently, this statement either blew over his head or is flawed in a manor that I cannot perceive, as he continued to argue. Am I incorrect in stating that while the coots unfortunately hold the state title (will be rectified this November), we have owned them over the past 100+ years?

Sorry for the length, and thanks for reading!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My advice is not to argue with a fool

Jul 3, 2013, 12:29 AM

They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Re: My advice is not to argue with a fool

Jul 3, 2013, 12:45 AM

Drobins,

let him/her learn and live

Coots hang on the last 4 yrs b/c that's all they have

Jul 3, 2013, 1:50 AM

Would you want to remember the history of your program making fans leave by the middle of the 3rd quarter or had 1 win in the span of 2 years or lost to their rival at home to the tune of 63-17 or finally won the SEC lEast when the lEast was down only to get ##### slapped by Auburn worse than the beating we took in the OB that they like to throw in our face?

They have no history. These last couple of years have been the greatest years in their entire football "dynasty". Difference between us and them. When we get on a streak in the rivalry we barely notice it. Business as usual. When they get on a streak (which includes back to back to them) they make t-shirts, posters, and entire marketing campaigns about it. It's all rather cute, really.

Re: conversation from earlier today

Jul 3, 2013, 8:28 AM

not to mention it was 1960 when the game was first played in Clemson...64 years after the rivalry started. So the majority of the domination took place on their own field.

The response is simple...

Jul 3, 2013, 8:44 AM

...We must give the Capons credit for the past 4 years.

They, in turn, must give us credit for having seven four-year streaks.

We must respect the fact that they have won the last two games in Death Valley ... its a string that few teams have accomplished in a long time.

They, in turn, must give us credit for winning three straight games in Columbia before that ... and 6 straight in Columbia before that ... and three striaght in Columbia before that ...

You get the picture. You will not find a Capon willing to look at history, and frankly I don't blame them. When your best days are now, and you know they are fleeting, you want to seize them like flotsam of a shipwreck before slipping into the murky darkness of immateriality again.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is the measure of their success***

Jul 3, 2013, 9:03 AM

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,067
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic