Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mullen was the top get!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,932

Mullen was the top get!!

Feb 3, 2016, 2:04 PM

Gary would have been nice,but Trayvon Mullen was a must get!!!! The depth of this class will pay off immediately!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mullen was the top get!!

Feb 3, 2016, 2:07 PM

There were several top gets. And Mullen was one of them. Difference Maker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention it keeps FSU from getting the #1 & #2 CB

Feb 3, 2016, 2:47 PM

Whew!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2016, 2:34 PM

Yeah, seriously, lets celebrate what weve got.

Feb 3, 2016, 2:35 PM

Did not count on Mullen or Simpson. I'm a "happy camper".

Feb 3, 2016, 2:36 PM

We have a great class on top of a great team already, world beaters come September

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2016, 2:51 PM

Mullen along with Simmons ... much needed depth in the secondary.

Yes ... Gary would have been great. But this is an awesome class that meets our needs. It's been a great day!

Feb 3, 2016, 2:54 PM

If you had told me 3 days ago we'd get

Simmons
Mullen
Simpson
Wallace

Out of the 7 left to decide, I'd have been joyful. Still am.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 12:12 PM

I completely agree. Yes Gary is good, but we already have so much talent and depth. He made the decision he made based on how much playing time he would get at Michigan and Clemson and he will get WAYYYYY more playing time there than he would have here in his first year. Trayvon Mullen can come in and take over that corner spot opposite of Tank.

Feb 5, 2016, 12:17 PM

After watching the ceremony where Dabo had a little flash of highlights for all the signees... I'm surprisingly impressed with how we are stacking the offensive line as well. They all play till the whistle, all have length and bend, great leverage, and end up laying on top of their assignment by the end of the play. Our stable of running backs must be smiling ear-to-ear.

Feb 6, 2016, 8:10 AM

It's a long way from when we were getting 2 star OL and moving guys from DL that weren't working out in defense, to OL and training them for a couple of years. It's great to see talented OL guys From high school come to Clemson. Our OL should not be a weakness for years to come

Feb 6, 2016, 8:57 AM

A lot of times I think we forget about Muse. He hits like a freight train. From the video I watched Nolan Turner does as well. He actually may be the diamond in the rough we need. He may not play as a DB in 2016, but I look for him to make a difference in special teams. That is the way Spencer Shuey started. I say him make a huge hit on a kickoff return and he jumped up with fire and attitude like we had just won the title. Maybe Turner plays with this same fire.

I also look for Baker and Denzel Johnson to get some snaps. Plus you never know what you may have with Trapp and Dawkins. I think they will redshirt this year, but let's see if Batson can beef them up. Can't wait to see what the 2017 class brings to us. It seems to get better every year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 7 EEs will have more immediate impact than any...***

Feb 5, 2016, 12:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 12:49 PM

Mullen was an awesome get. Due to depth. But there's Dex, feaster, Smith, lamar, Kelly , Cooper and many more that are great gets. If you watch film on Dex and Gary, Dex is the one that blew me away. Much like several years ago when we were recuiting Marshall and Gurley. Marshall was a five star, Gurley a 4. But watching their film , I told everyone that Gurley was the better back and should be a five star. Dexzilla will prove to be the best choice. Mark my words.
GO TIGERS !!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dexter may or may not be the best prospect in the country

Feb 5, 2016, 2:17 PM

Back in the early period of the recruiting cycle those two guys were neck and neck but we're not labeled as #1, Eason was at the time. And after seeing Clemson was after them both I watched their film and measurables... Happy to say back then I was hoping for Dexter out of the two. I'm a true Clemson fan!

Feb 6, 2016, 8:55 AM

Yes - but only Big John broke tnet. Just sayin'.

The coaches are even more excited about Wallace.

Feb 6, 2016, 9:17 AM

Compare him to do it all Marcus Gilchrist

Re: Something about Clemson

Feb 6, 2016, 9:50 AM

I've always wanted to test something about Clemson. I think Clemson develops DL as good as anyone. The next couple of years I'm going to watch Gary and Lawrence and see which one has a better college career.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,932
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic