Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monte does not have the resume as a head coach I'd like to see.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Monte does not have the resume as a head coach I'd like to see.

Jun 29, 2017, 8:58 AM

"Monte does not have the resume as a head coach I'd like to see, but obviously Ray thinks VERY highly of him, so I'll trust his judgement. I've never heard of anyone that did not like and respect Monte." -FGF hahahahahaha

Let's look at those facts. Monte has made a regional the last 4 years. This includes 2 with CofC and a super regional appearance. 5 of the last 6 years and 6 of the last 8 season. What he did at CofC was super impressive.

Not to mention he recruited and help build the Coot national champ teams before he left.

Monte is one of the hottest young coaches in baseball. If we didn't hire him and he was still at CofC every big time program in need of a coach would be coming after him.

I thought they were idiots over there until I realized he was right. The coots want a horrible coach with an embarrassing record. Luckily Mark Kingston has that. 58-59 at USF. His previous records aren't anything to brag about either.

Enjoy coots. And great job hiring Ray Tanner as AD haha.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: Monte does not have the resume as a head coach I'd like to see.

Jun 29, 2017, 9:09 AM

Check out this morning's Charleston Post and Courier. It has an article on it and the Wake Forest coach has turned them down. They are having the same problem as football. They are not the world renowned program they thought they were.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2017, 9:18 AM

All is normal in coot town!

Jun 29, 2017, 9:20 AM

Cesspools simply aren't attractive. True, the grass may grow really green in the 'field', but, there's simply no getting over the smell...nor the view.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Monte does not have the resume as a head coach I'd like to see. ]

Their FB program has never been nothing to brag about with the exception for when Sprurrier was H&LL bent in showing the college FB world that He" could go there and win. And he did win on a level that most schools would be happy to have until Spurrier lost all interest in coaching. Their BB has has been a totally different story since Ray Tanner took over there prior to the start of the 1997 season, and after his first season at usuc, Tanner built a winning program that could compete with any college bb program in the country until he took over as usuc's AD. I'm not defending usuc, but I am saying that Tanner can find a coach that can go there and win and compete. So I wouldn't be getting all giddy right now bc a rag in Charleston reporting they had been turned down by a coach at Wake bc, the coot BB program is a program that can get the recruits there and win. They have won two college World Series National Championships their not long ago, and has played in several world series games under Ray Tanner. I think I'm going to wait and see before I start laughing and acting like folks did when Dabo was hired as Clemson's Head FB Coach. I'm not going to give them sumbitches a reason to egg my face!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2017, 9:29 AM

I would bet real money that if we hadn't hired Monte Lee away from the CofC when we did, Ray Tanner would have hired him last year, and he would have been hard at work rebuilding the coot baseball team last year. And for some awful reason, top BB recruits are attracted to the usuc BB program and that dumb that sets in the middle of the old part of cootlumbia!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2017, 9:45 AM

If Monte wasn't coaching for Clemson our fans wouldn't be gushing over him. It's funny how it works.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jun 29, 2017, 10:22 AM

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic