Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Money Well Spent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,261

Money Well Spent

Jan 11, 2019, 12:29 PM

I have no idea what the total cost of our athletic department is this school year, including men's and women's sports. But let's assume a total cost of $200 Million. The most recent figure I could find for a 30 second ad during the playoff game was about One million for last year's game. So let's assume two million dollars per minute. Millions of fans saw and heard about Clemson for 60 plus minutes during the game so that would equate to $120 Million in free advertisement just during the game.

Now, add to that total the additional minutes for all of the pre and post game coverage for the Notre Dame game and the final play off game and that could easily amount to a staggering $200. million That's easily a total of $320. million of free advertising and it's not over yet.

Publicity such as this and the response to free publicity has a positive impact on Clemson in both the athletic and academic programs. Many recruits want to play with a winner and that increases the level of interest in gaining an offer from Clemson. It extends our recruiiting efforts to the entire United States so it allows our coaches to pick and choose from a more talented pool. Donations to IPTAY and funding for new and improved facilities usually follow winning programs and there is a greater demand for tickets to athletic events.

Records indicate there is an increase in applications for the academic programs following a national championships and the applicants come form all parts of the United States. It is only natural that many people will seek more information about a school when they win a national championship whether or not their interest is limited to seeking enrollment as a student or parent of a potential student.

These are just a few of the benefits we derive when we win a national championship so we can readily see money we spend on our athletic programs pay a tremendous dividend.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are in for a rude awakening if they think...

Jan 11, 2019, 12:30 PM

Clemson is an easy place to get in and graduate from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are in for a rude awakening if they think...

Jan 11, 2019, 12:34 PM

Agreed! I was a very good student in high school (3.75 GPA) and I still couldn’t believe I got in to Clemson back in 2002. Wish I would have stayed past my freshman year, but you live and learn. I always tell people to go to Clemson IF they can get in!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo Swinney is the best thing to ever happen to Clemson***

Jan 11, 2019, 12:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,261
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic