Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Reed is turning out to be a great hire
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Mike Reed is turning out to be a great hire

Jul 18, 2015, 2:38 PM

I had my doubts when they announced he was joining the staff but he has turned a much maligned secondary into one of the best in the country

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

with apologies to bahmer, dabo's the man.***

Jul 18, 2015, 2:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Reed is turning out to be a great hire

Jul 18, 2015, 6:44 PM

Let's see how great the secondary is this year without the awesome pass rush we had last year! I for one am not convinced yet that our secondary play is good. Last year We had too many receivers running loose. Fortunately for us we put so much pressure on the QBs that they either got sacked or hurried into bad throws. A perfect example was the FSU game. With a back up QB they threw for over 300 yards even though we had 5 sacks & a bunch of "hurries". If we can get similar results this year from our front 4 & LBs our secondary play will be greatly helped! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2015, 7:37 PM

About 70 of those FSU yds came on the play that Mack just simply fell down .
I think our defense is coached well , i think we have a few unknown stars about to shine and I think that oir DBs are all very good , if unproven .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 18, 2015, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Reed is turning out to be a great hire ]

Watching the Ok and SC game on the plays where the QB had plenty of time they would still wind up throwing it out of bounds on about 80% of them. Now I haven't watched the other games near as much as those two but I feel our secondary played very well last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2015, 8:12 PM

Most teams past the UGA game tried to shorten the passing lanes and hit it quick , knowing that our pass rush was stout .
Our CBs and safeties played admirably .
I don't expect much different from our defense . We have tremendous coaching back there , and it's a " next man up " personality these days under Dabo Swinney , and when you have the physical talent we possess , moxy and confidence can carry you until experience kicks in .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

so 1 team eclipsed the 300 yard mark with help from a 70 yard pass

Jul 18, 2015, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Reed is turning out to be a great hire ]

Where the cb fell down ? Ill take that.

How about this stat while were at it:

In our last game, Oklahoma had fewer total team pasing yards than Mike Williams and Artavis Scott. The only TD pass OU threw was to Ben Boulware who unfortunately for them played Linebacker for us. He scored more points than their entire team

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

While I agree that our front 7 was great

Jul 19, 2015, 1:41 AM

I disagree with your assertion of our secondary. They played well all year. The other team is going to make some plays, that's to be assumed. Watch a few of the games from last year and you'll see that the secondary was pretty #### good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic