Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Michigan - the single most over rated football team ever.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Michigan - the single most over rated football team ever.

Sep 21, 2019, 2:44 PM

No other college football team benefits as much from a loooooong-gone tradition of being a football power. This isn't 1949, or 1964, or 1973, or 1985.

FOR GOD"S SAKE IT'S 2019 PEOPLE! MICHIGAN HAS NOT BEEN A FOOTBALL POWER FOR DECADES! TODAY, THEY ARE HOT GARBAGE. AT NO POINT THIS YEAR HAS THERE BEEN ANY LOGICAL REASON TO RANK THEM IN THE TOP 25. GOODGAWDALMIGHTY!

Yeah, there's Notre Dame, and I could make a pretty good case for Florida, but give it up you football "experts", get off of Michigan's dink for 5 seconds and recognize they have been mediocre for years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Most talking heads seem to live 50-100 years behind

Sep 21, 2019, 2:47 PM

the current date. Always talking about Michigan. Always talking about Notre Dame. Yeah, they were great. Before the forward pass.

2024 free_orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michigan - the single most over rated football team ever.

Sep 21, 2019, 2:48 PM

Totally agree!!!! And yet every year they put them up there and a b1g team supposedly “knocks” them out... never should have been there. Now wisky will move way way up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wisc will have thrashed an awful Michigan team, a team that

Sep 21, 2019, 2:54 PM

should be ranked around 50-60, maybe. Yet they will benefit as if they just beat the New England Patriots. Michigan will still be in the top 25, probably top 20. No matter what happens the rest of the season, Michigan will finish in the top 25, and will be ranked in the top 15 to start next season.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Michigan - the single most over rated football team ever.

Sep 21, 2019, 2:48 PM

You are correct, sir. I can't believe they were ranked #11 coming into this game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'll see your Michigan and raise you 2 Georgias

Sep 21, 2019, 2:59 PM

It's always been that way. Don't forget Notre Dame.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Michigan has reached the pinnacle much more

Sep 21, 2019, 3:20 PM

Recently than ND and the Dawgs. Still...22 years is the most recent. That's generational...isn't it?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read my post.

Sep 21, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to I'll see your Michigan and raise you 2 Georgias ]

I mentioned Notre Dame. I agree that UGA gets a favorable bump fairly consistently, but they have been far better than Michigan over the last few years, and they certainly are much better now.

- H. L. Mencken

ohio state will thrash harbaughs wolverines worst than the

Sep 21, 2019, 4:00 PM

badgers did today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed!***

Sep 21, 2019, 4:25 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic