Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Major goal for the rest of the season: Consistency
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 664

Major goal for the rest of the season: Consistency

Sep 23, 2012, 1:53 PM

Realistically there is no way we should finish the regular season any worse than 9-3. The only remaining teams that are a threat to us are GT and SCAR, both of which are home games. 11-1 is a real possibility, but I think 9-3 is much more likely. If we can split those games, 10-2 ain't to shabby either. We have a glaringly apparent deficiency on defense, so expectations have to be checked at this point. That said, there is no way we should lose to any other team on our remaining schedule not aforementioned.

This team has been glaringly inconsistent over the last decade or two. It's time to nip that #### in the bud. For once, it'd be nice to beat who were supposed to beat. I'm sick of dropping that random game out of the blue to a grossly inferior opponent. Since the MNC and ACC are now basically out the window, the next best thing is to win out, beat the coots, win the bowl and maintain some gosh darn consistency throughout the season.

In 2011, it was a woeful NC State team. They may be on the rise w/ O'brien, but they really aren't on our level yet. Shouldn't have lost that game, but momentum and injuries were clearly a factor.

In 2010, after finally gaining some steam by walloping GT at home, we lose to a pathetic BC team whose only other wins at the time were Kent & Webber State. C'mon man.

In 2009, after losing a heartbreaker to TCU at home, we lose to won of the worst Maryland teams in history. A 2-10 cluster#### of a team whose only other win was James Madison. Disgraceful.

I could go on and on and on back a number of years in the CTB era as well. There is a reason we've earned the "Pull a Clemson" moniker. Seriously, this #### has got to stop. This team and this staff is too #### talented to let a game like the above slip away. Let's finish out the season strong and crush these inferior opponents like we're supposed to for once.

We can still have a great season. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good post!

Sep 23, 2012, 1:56 PM

I'll take 10-2 with a win over the coots!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks! I think the coots are for real..going to be tough

Sep 23, 2012, 10:10 PM

with this defense. If the defense was mediocre, I'd say we'd have the advantage, but with it as bad as it is, Shaw and Lattimore will eat us alive. Hopefully we can make some miraculous improvements and/or get lucky on that side of the ball. Otherwise, I fear the offense is just gonna have to carry too much of the load. They are gonna have to be lighting it up to keep pace and we'll just have to win a shootout. Should be a good one!

I think we have been consistent

Sep 23, 2012, 2:22 PM

Consistently bad, especially on defense the last 2 years.

If we could ever have everything at once we would be unstoppable. The defense with Adams and Bowers with this offense would make us National title contenders. Heck, an average defense would have given us a win last night.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships. We saw that last night.

Replies: 3
| visibility 664
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic