Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love Columbia sports news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,586

Love Columbia sports news

Jul 9, 2015, 11:57 PM

During the WOLO-ABC sports segment, they announced:

1. Battle selected during NFL supplemental draft. Bulk of the highlights were discussing his suspensions, recent trouble with the law, and numerous reels of his punch against NCSt and coaches yelling at him

2. Lakip nominated for Groza award while talking about his suspension and showing missed FSU kicks as kicking highlight

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So someone does actually watch network news still...

Jul 10, 2015, 12:10 AM

...huh, how 'bout that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: So someone does actually watch network news still...

Jul 10, 2015, 12:30 AM

I have not watched any Columbia news in many, many years. Decreases your heartburn immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So someone does actually watch network news still...

Jul 10, 2015, 2:48 AM

More than likely, a very good chance that one's IQ will increase by avoiding the network/local news. I think the last time I watched local news, TVs were consoles and had 2 channel nobs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Used to it by now

Jul 10, 2015, 12:33 AM

Every so often The State will have some schmuck sitting at a podium in the front part of the grocery store where you have to pass by. At this point my wife sees them and says "Oh Lord...here we go" because she knows I am about to get involved in a loud five minute discussion with them.

They'll give their spiel and I always ask "Has The State assigned a dedicated beat writer to Clemson athletics yet?" They'll reply with some variation of "We cover Clemson" and I'll point out that they use reports from the Charleston paper, the Anderson paper, or AP reports. They'll reply with some sort of "We cooperate to cover Clemson" so I reply with "Yeah but it's usually a day or so after they do so why should I settle for late information? Maybe I need to subscribe to those papers." They reply with "But they don't cover local news in those papers" I counter with "I live in Lexington County....The State rarely covers local Lexington County news unless it's bad. I can get plenty of stories about community efforts in Richland County in your paper but almost zero from Lexington County." They reply with "Well the RIchland County people contact the paper beforehand and set it up to get coverage." I counter with "I have been involved with a bunch of community organizations over my years here and have contacted The State myself many times and couldn't get coverage. Well except for sports organizations. I got Ron Morris to cover some sports over the years but other than that zilch. So The State doesn't cover my favorite team and barely covers my county......explain to me why I need your paper."

It's almost become a sport for me at this point.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather have people hating on my Tigers than ignoring us.

Jul 10, 2015, 4:11 AM

That way everybody has an emotional investment in the rivalry. Most of the Columbia propoganda is because of the masses of closet coots about the band wagon fans that change teams with every change of wind direction. They'll thin in a couple of years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and when they show highlights of $CU.....

Jul 10, 2015, 6:58 AM

it's generally against some scrub team like Furman and South Alabama.

The Columbia media is just as deluded and unobjective as the average Capon fan and has been for decades.

Of course, now-a-days, if they don't guzzle the CootAid, the fear is that Slurrier may have them fired.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,586
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic