Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,776

Louisville recruiting

Sep 25, 2016, 7:56 AM

According to 247 they have brought in 7 4*s in the past 4 years. I know they have a lot of transfers and Jackson is obvi one awesome 3 star but teams that can't crack the top 25 recruiting just don't have sustained success. The game is played on the field but this will catch up to them. No team without a top 10 recruiting class has one the national championship in the last 25 years I believe. We are more talented and that will show

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville recruiting

Sep 25, 2016, 8:16 AM

Regardless of the 'stars' if some offensive linemen don't decide to toughen up the upcoming game is not going to be pretty. Louisville is playing better than Clemson right now. Recruiting is important and so is preparation and coaching. Penalties,dropped passes,missed assignments, and poor blocking will get you beat every time. Man up Tigers or the gamecocks are going to have something to be really happy about!

they don't have to win the NC,just beat us***

Sep 25, 2016, 9:32 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2016, 8:19 AM

I never understood the fascination with recruiting rankings. Boise State built up a pretty nice program with two and three stars, meanwhile Texas gets their annual pick of the litter of five stars and they've been hot garbage since Colt McCoy graduated.

Fans of schools that lack talent often feel that way

Sep 25, 2016, 10:16 AM

Fact is, you do not win it all without the top talent as OP pointed out. Sure, you can be Boise St., but tell me again what year they won the Natty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boise St played a bunch of scrubs and 1-2 good teams a

Sep 25, 2016, 10:43 AM

year max

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask FSU how that logic worked for them. They have a top-5 class every year.

Sep 25, 2016, 8:20 AM

I think we are going to win but it's because of our superior defensive coach. I have faith that BV will come up with a scheme to slow down Jackson and our offense will score on them.

FSU won natty in '13, so worked well for them!***

Sep 25, 2016, 10:21 AM

I meant how did using that logic work for FSU against Louisville this season.

Sep 25, 2016, 10:40 AM

They clearly have superior talent, maybe more so than us even, yet got the brakes beat off them. Their D let Jackson run rough-shod. I just can't see Coach V letting that happen.

If it does, you will have to paint me surprised. I think it will be a close game and a bit more low scoring than people think.

Past Champions

Sep 25, 2016, 10:49 AM

Alabama, Ohio St, Florida St, Alabama, Alabama, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, LSU, Florida, Texas, USC, USC, Ohio St, Miami, FSU...

that goes back 16 years. Which of these teams were full of 3 stars.

Lewisville has been playing good, but they will be exposed next weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I meant how did using that logic work for FSU against Louisville this season.

Sep 25, 2016, 12:23 PM [ in reply to I meant how did using that logic work for FSU against Louisville this season. ]

Injuries, youth, TOs can make any margin look greater than it is.

I agree we should win the game on

Sep 25, 2016, 8:26 AM

account of superior talent. I also believe we've been holding back as much as possible. While I'm fairly confident in a Tiger victory, I also recognize Petrino is not to be taken lightly. He may be a terrible person, but he's a heck of a coach.

You could say Louavull sold their souls to bring Petrino back. You also could say they've sold their souls to open their doors to some sketchy characters. Recruiting rankings are one thing. The product you put on the field is another entirely.

Malzahn has had great recruiting classes. Boom had great classes at Flarda. Where are the results? Either rankings don't mean much, or coaching means a lot more. Gotta give Petrino props for what he's done with what he's got.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I agree we should win the game on

Sep 25, 2016, 8:35 AM

You say we have been holding back and I have read where others have said the same thing. My question is which team have we been holding back to play. I would say coming into the season most would have said FSU but right now that is not the case. UL is playing very well and they have all the confidence in the world. I do not think we have played great but come on guys we cannot afford to hold things back on teams like Auburn and expect to win. I do think we can play better and this week we must or we will have one in the loss column come Saturday night. I just do not think we were holding back to play UL because I am pretty sure some would have thought before the season that Auburn was as good as UL. Lets face it we have played well enough to be 4-0 but must play better this week to be 5-0. Go tigers

Message was edited by: speedracer®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By holding back, I mean

Sep 25, 2016, 9:37 AM

we've kept the game plan on O quite simple. In fact, as simple as possible and still score enough to win without putting the outcome in doubt. I think this is for three reasons.

1. Our talent on offense is so great, we should be able to beat the majority of teams on schedule without getting complicated. We very well should be able to be relatively predictable and still execute at a high level. We were prepared to open it up if necessary to beat Auburn. Wasn't necessary. If not for 8 drops against Troy, that would have been a resounding victory.

2. Dabo has supreme confidence in our D. His trust is properly placed.

3. Yeah, I expect FSU was the one with a circle around it, but we'll be ready to do what it takes to beat Louavull. If I'm right, we'll see formations and personnel groups we haven't seen this season.

If these assumptions are off base, we may be highly overrated. I have to believe we did a whole lot offensive installation in fall camp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: By holding back, I mean

Sep 25, 2016, 10:04 AM

I think the majority of what you think you're seeing is installment

Early in the year less of the offense is installed (young players/ trying not to overwhelm them) every year as the guys play we install more of the playbook

Hopefully the Oline will allow us to open it up against a very respectable Louisville D

Re: By holding back, I mean

Sep 25, 2016, 10:29 AM

We are NOT holding back. The offense is mostly vets, they didn't forget the O from last year. I think they are rusty on Offense, probably due to limited hitting practices, where we put a special color jersey on the QB and don't allow him to be hit.

The better recruiting "stars" didn't help FSU much against the Cards.

To win this game we will need stellar D, Special Teams, and an O than his playing better than they have shown thus far. I believe they are starting to put it together as of the GT game. Ray Ray could be huge this game, so could DW and Mike Williams. We need to see more of Adam Choice in this game. The DL must dominate. The DBs must not give up too many long plays.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree we should win the game on

Sep 25, 2016, 8:36 AM [ in reply to I agree we should win the game on ]

Recruiting is important but nothing beats great coaching. Norte Dame and a few others would never lose if it was all recruiting. Even more true in basketball.

I agree with the poster who said that Coach V would have a plan that will allow us to win this game. He has great talent and genuine coaching skills. A good combination.

Can our Tigers play mistake free? Every possession will be important in this game.... Especially that first one!

Talent does not guarantee success, see UGA, Florida, Irish

Sep 25, 2016, 8:33 AM

Louisville is playing at an incredibly high level. We'll be as successful as DeShaun takes us. Can't put this all on the D as has happened all year. O needs to pull their own weight.

Sep 25, 2016, 10:14 AM

Kansas State has made some great runs with 2 and 3 star guys. It is about chemistry and coaching. Louisville seems to have both right now. We need our A+ game (which we havent achieved yet this year) or they will be tough to beat... they are playing with a lot of confidence right now.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,776
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic