Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking past NC State...Don't!...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 846

Looking past NC State...Don't!...

Nov 12, 2012, 11:52 AM

Last year I was amazed at how easily NCSU handled us. They blitzed Boyd on darn near every play and yes, we didn't help ourselves by turning the ball over so many times, but every time we almost got something going they had the answer. If I am the Wolfpack this year, this Clemson game is the one I have circled. Win this and no matter what else has happened, I can say we beat the two best teams in the ACC in FSU and CU. Quite an accomplishment, even in a down year. Don't let it happen. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why our fans need to step up to make Death Valley

Nov 12, 2012, 11:54 AM

DEATH VALLEY!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's why our fans need to step up to make Death Valley

Nov 12, 2012, 12:26 PM

They don't have the talent to run with us, and neither does SC. Fact.

what new talent that you didn't have last year?

Nov 12, 2012, 12:27 PM

just wondering

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: what new talent that you didn't have last year?

Nov 12, 2012, 1:25 PM

Sammy Watkins. He didn't play against NCST last year. Even though the offense was sputtering by the end of the year, his presence would have been a big factor for Nuk and Boyd.

This year, the offense has not even come close to the dropoff of last season. I think NCST is better than Maryland, Duke and Wake Forest, but they're defense isn't anything to lose sleep over.

and another year under Chad's system. OL seems to

Nov 12, 2012, 1:31 PM

doing better but consider the competition. NCSU was talented enough to do something Clemson couldn't. Aint a cake walk

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: what new talent that you didn't have last year?

Nov 12, 2012, 1:31 PM [ in reply to what new talent that you didn't have last year? ]

I think the question Coots should be asking is how the loss of Melvin Ingram, Travian Robertson, Stephone Gilmore and Antonio Allen is going to affect their ability to run with Clemson.

Sure, Clemson hasn't gained anything - unless you consider that the defense, as much as it struggled, is still better overall. And Tajh Boyd is better. And the O-line (which everyone was worried about) is the same at worst and far superior at best.

Carolina's offense is worse than it was last year, their defense lost 4 key members, and they're playing on the road against a team who doesn't have a conference championship on their plate the following week.

Fear is the path to the dark side.

Nov 12, 2012, 1:11 PM

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 846
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic