Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking forward to our trip back to Death Valley...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Looking forward to our trip back to Death Valley...

May 1, 2013, 12:20 PM

Looking forward to heading back over, just hope it won't be as hot as it was in '03. Obviously the 8:00 pm kickoff should help during the game, but the tailgating will be a little warm...

And as a traditionalist, I really hate what conference expansion has done to this rivalry...it was 'as good as gets' from the late 70's through the 80's. The National Titles for both, 13 turnovers in Death Valley in '81, Labor Day Night in Athens in '82, the last two (2) plays in the '83 game, Dooley, Ford, etc...I almost feel sorry for fans that were too young during this time to realize what they missed! Almost that is...

We expect to win, as do y'all, and I'm just looking forward to the offensive talent from both teams...we're certainly gonna make Grantham earn his paycheck this year, more specifically during this game.

Good Luck this season & Go Dawgs!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you have a great day in Clemson except between

May 1, 2013, 12:22 PM

the hours of 8:00-11:30 PM.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Very Classy

May 1, 2013, 12:26 PM

This used to be a great rivalry. I agree with everything you said.

We all hope you enjoy your time in Clemson tailgating and the like, but we hope the game is something you will remember for the wrong reason!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

So then it isn't a

May 1, 2013, 12:30 PM

real dawg fan is what you're saying. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed and pointed both posts!***

May 1, 2013, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Very Classy ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very Classy

May 1, 2013, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Very Classy ]

Well, I tend to remember them all...'77 as a kid I saw Warren Ratchford and Steve Fuller run all over us...all the way through the beating we took in '90 where the game was not as close as the score...I won't bore you with the good ones I remember...

I will say, the '95 game sticks out as I had just had ACL surgery and had to basically crawl to the top of your upper deck...steep, steep, steep...

Re: Very Classy

May 1, 2013, 12:53 PM

I was in Athens when Butler kicked the 60 harder to beat us and In Clemson when Treadwell put it thru to beat ya'll in the closing minutes. What a rivalry. I truly miss it.

Re: Looking forward to our trip back to Death Valley...

May 1, 2013, 12:50 PM

Hopefully you'll be received in a welcoming and classy manner,... followed by getting your team's bell rung on the field,... followed by our wishing you a fine day and a welcoming return.
You're right, the CU/UGA rivalry was once something to behold. National Championships on the line, knockdown, dragout affairs, and EVERYBODY stepped up theie game for that one. Just awesome!
Don't know if there's any chance for that to happen again.

Re: Looking forward to our trip back to Death Valley...

May 1, 2013, 1:10 PM

Hopefully both squads will step up. And I enjoy starting the year off against y'all instead of the 'sisters of the poor' that tends to happen from time-to-time...of course with our young D...

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic