Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lets take a look at Clemson football.............(long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 709

Lets take a look at Clemson football.............(long)

Dec 2, 2013, 11:35 AM

I can recall just a few short years ago when the mention of Clemson was a rarity on any sports media outlet. We all complained about the SEC bias and how Clemson was ignored in place of our competitors to the south. Only recently has Clemson become a nightly topic on ESPN and other outlets. In spite of our failures against 'them' and another team in the league, Clemson is now highly regarded by those who promote the game. What a tremendous step forward this has become in such a short period of time. Coach Swinney and his staff have truly put Clemson University on the national map and have taken the ACC with them. Most importantly, they have achieved this attention by doing things the right way. You just don't see Clemson in the news for all the wrong reasons. Something many of our competitors cannot say. We have achieved enough good publicity all year to keep us in contention for a lucrative BCS bowl. The loss Saturday to our neighbors from the SEC hasn't really damaged our standing with the football folks who matter. This certainly does not make the loss any easier to accept and I, just as you, am still upset.

Keep this in mind as you evaluate our season. With the exception of a few key players, Clemson is still a young football team that will certainly improve in the future. We are also a young team with respect to the coaches. Dabo is one of the youngest coaches in BCS and I know that he will admit that he is still learning the game. Some coaching errors have been made in big games. I assure you that coach S. and his staff learn from this and will build on this knowledge that they acquire each game. There are very few national championship contenders that have a coaching staff as young as ours. Remember Coach Morris is just a few years removed from high school.Do you think that this staff has reached their peak? The players give their total support to this staff and we fans should do the same. Things are going to great for Clemson right now to abandon ship. Jump on board and see if we can't build on this great year.

Please do not respond to this post by reminding me that we have lost to usuck five times!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree and I think Dabo has done a great job...

Dec 2, 2013, 11:37 AM

I do, however, think he needs to find a way to reverse our fortunes against both SCU, and in big games in general.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I agree and I think Dabo has done a great job...

Dec 2, 2013, 11:45 AM

Don't you think that these games will be easier for him to prepare for as he gains experience? Spurrier is not a kid coaching a youth league team. He has been there MANY times more than Dabo. In a few years, Dabo will be just as adept in game preparation as anyone.
Run him off and let someone else receive the benefits? Not a good move.

Re: I agree and I think Dabo has done a great job...

Dec 2, 2013, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I agree and I think Dabo has done a great job... ]

Dumbo Swiney can't even call plays, he is no head coach.

Actually in retrospect, we were well coached on Saturday

Dec 2, 2013, 11:44 AM

The TO's and penalty on 4th down were player errors - not typically seen this year.

Our in-game adjustments on Offense was to grind it out - and it was working less the TO's.

Defense gets off the filed three more times less the punt return TO's and penalty.

Our players wwer "pressing" and made mistakes - somewhat of a choke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama "fans" are calling for Saban's head too

Dec 2, 2013, 11:47 AM

Got to love message boards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

does South Carolina have some trees we can poison?***

Dec 2, 2013, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lets take a look at Clemson football.............(long)

Dec 2, 2013, 11:50 AM

The Tiggers have LOST 5 straight times to USC !!!!

Re: Lets take a look at Clemson football.............(long)

Dec 2, 2013, 11:53 AM

Thanks. I wondered who the 1 would be. Bet you are a coot!

Replies: 8
| visibility 709
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic