Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's just shut down the entire world and live in fear
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Let's just shut down the entire world and live in fear

Mar 10, 2020, 11:40 AM

until the bad monsters go away. This whole world has turned into the biggest bunch of ####### ever!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's just shut down the entire world and live in fear

Mar 10, 2020, 12:58 PM

I figure if a virus takes me out, I'll never again, have to worry about a front row seat on the fifty yard line, to see my Tigers play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 1:19 PM

we've won in Chapel Hill. Win the ACCT and then I'm good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 1:32 PM

Crazy how those that want unadulterated access to murdering babies through abortion are themselves scared out of their minds of getting sick. Pus#ies

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 2:05 PM

their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

This coronavirus has brought out the worst in humanity.

Mar 10, 2020, 2:07 PM

Panic, fear, and complete lack of perspective.

Imagine if it made national news every time someone was diagnosed with the flu, or died from the flu?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

This is what they are hoping to achieve via school closures,

Mar 10, 2020, 2:17 PM

limiting large public gatherings, working from home, etc.

I'm not saying everyone should be terrified and panic as panicking is always counterproductive, but this should at least be acknowledged as a potential threat. Even if it's not a significant threat to you and I it can still be a large threat to the elderly and those with diabetes, on chemo, etc as well as having the potential to overburden our healthcare system. I think we should have a lot more information in about a week or so - one way or another.

Re: This is what they are hoping to achieve via school closures,

Mar 10, 2020, 2:32 PM

Our healthcare system is already overburdened by sick and elderly that modern medicine has allowed us to have hanging on for far too long

Mar 10, 2020, 3:59 PM

Do you have a solution for all the sick and elderly people, that are taxing the healthcare system?

Not overburdened by the elderly at all

Mar 10, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: This is what they are hoping to achieve via school closures, ]

tigerrag86 said:

Our healthcare system is already overburdened by sick and elderly that modern medicine has allowed us to have hanging on for far too long

Our healthcare system loves treating the elderly. They make huge profits doing it.

Our system isn't designed to cure people, it's designed to make the most money possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not overburdened by the elderly at all

Mar 10, 2020, 4:34 PM

Probably a lot of truth in what you say. I know a doctor, from China, that pointed out to me that American medicine is a lot of prescribing medication, and surgery. Both big time money. He told me, that in China,where the population is so poor and the people unable to afford such care, they prescribe herbs, teas, physical exercise, and meditation among other things. In fact, those things are taught in Chinas med schools. Don't get me wrong, I think most doctors get into the health profession to heal the sick, and ease the suffering, but there are probably a lot of them that are about making a buck. Once again, don't get me wrong, a doctor goes through college, med school, internship, and whatever, deserve a good wage, but if they are still required to take that oath, maybe they should believe in it. To take care of people, you have to care about people, whether you get a dime out of it or not.

Back when I was coming up, there were two doctors in our town, one died very nearly a pauper, and the other probably would have, but he came from a family that was in good financial shape. Both practiced medicine till they were physically unable to do it anymore. Our town was a very poor town with very poor people. Some paid for treatment as best they could, some could not afford to pay at all. Some of the wealthier people would not pay. But regardless of whether they were going to get paid or not they treated anyone that came to them for help.

No one is saying there isn't a problem.***

Mar 10, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to This is what they are hoping to achieve via school closures, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2020, 4:39 PM [ in reply to This is what they are hoping to achieve via school closures, ]

Thumbs up for "panic is always counterproductive"

Also good depiction of how an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. This epidemic is sort of like a hurricane. The smartest reaction is to overreact a bit (not panic) - better safe than sorry - and if our reactions work out like we hope (reduce the severity of the outbreak) we'll be accused of overreacting because it didn't turn out as bad as we predicted.

Mar 10, 2020, 4:01 PM

Done. But don't come crying to me when people see the world turned off. This is on you my friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the entire world stayed isolated for 3 weeks

Mar 10, 2020, 7:08 PM

the spread would become so minimal and we could all go on with our chitty lives

I don't see whats so bad about doing that

This will cause more and more things to take place online like working remotely and drive more and more business to e-commerce. Proms and weddings will be virtual, graduations will be held online while the graduates walk across the front of their webcams.

Re: If the entire world stayed isolated for 3 weeks

Mar 10, 2020, 7:14 PM

Marriage. LOL

Not sure why but I had to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic