Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lessons learned from the new playoff system
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Lessons learned from the new playoff system

Dec 8, 2014, 1:58 PM

From this point forward Clemson should schedule

West Virginia
Florida Atlantic
Southern Miss
Western Carolina

for their out-of-conference schedule.

With the emphasis being everyone's schedule with the committee, I figure if these out of conference opponents are good enough for Alabama...they should be good enough for Clemson without causing any question in strength of schedule

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson lost 3 games. . 2 in conference.

Dec 8, 2014, 2:04 PM

If Clemson lost one in conference game and won the acc.. and was left out of the playoffs then your argument would be sound.

Even then. . Your argument should be with bama, osu, Oregon, Baylor, and tcu too because that is who would be competing for the 4 slots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Key words were "From this point forward"

Dec 8, 2014, 2:14 PM

I was just trying to say for the future, if Clemson went undefeated next season (or any future season) we should play whoever Alabama plays. That way they couldn't question our strength of schedule. Not word one was said this year about 'Bama's out-of-conference strength of schedule.

All I heard about Oregons, FSU's, Baylors, TCU's, Ohio St., etc... But nothing about Alabama's

Lessons learned from the new playoff system:

Dec 8, 2014, 2:13 PM

its really no different from BCS and even its predecessor polls, i.e., still overtly subjective.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lessons learned from the new playoff system:

Dec 8, 2014, 2:17 PM

That won't work for us.

Clemson needs to schedule very high quality OOC opponents to make up for the perceived weak conference schedule. The reason Alabama can schedule cupcakes is because their conference schedule is perceived as very strong.

I'm not saying that it's fair, or even correct, but that's the way it is. If FSU wins the Natty Championship again, or at least gets to it and doesn't get blown out, and the ACC has a winning record in the bowls, then maybe next year the pundits etc. will start seeing our conference schedule as a strong one.

Yeah, but in conference they play better than NFL talent.

Dec 8, 2014, 3:23 PM

Or so we are to believe. I guess we shall see how good they really are.

Personally, I don't think they survive OSU on their own merits.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic